Things WE can do to reduce CO2 emissions

CO2 emissions seem to come from big blue cities. I think Democrats should all ride bikes, grow their own food without fertilizers, turn down their heat five degrees in the winter and up five in the summer.
Almost entire Ne runs on liquid coal......fuel oil in winter to heat,,,,,,shame...

A significant portion of the population believes that liquid coal and "clean coal" improve CO2 emissions. Of course they do not. They do reduce particulates and sulfides, but they have absolutely no impact on CO2 emissions.
Not that area.....big hypocrites

No evidence huh? You think by ignoring the fact that you can't provide any you will make that fact disappear?
No, we just know that you are unable or unwilling to see the evidence provided so we no longer bother with you.

By "significant portion", I do not mean majority. There are a lot of poorly educated people in this nation and a lot of bad info being pushed and implied and suggested by people with motives.

I live in Southern Florida and I've seen hybrid transit buses appear in the last few years, but they're not a majority of the fleet by any mean. We use a tiny fraction of the mass transit (bus and rail) that you use in the NE, but they're trying. We've just started running a high speed rail that will initially connect Miami-Dade with Disney World/Orlando. It will start picking up stops along the way and extending to Tampa and Tallahassee. But the ridership is still unknown. We've had commuter rail in the area for many years but the ridership has barely been enough to break even.

No evidence huh? You think by ignoring the fact that you can't provide any you will make that fact disappear?
No, we just know that you are unable or unwilling to see the evidence provided so we no longer bother with you.

There was none..but do feel free to point out any post, on any thread where you think there was...

I predict you won't point out squat because there is nothing to point out.

What are the major sources of CO2 on the planet and what can we do, actively, passively or by simple choices to reduce those emissions and make it easier for our governments, at all levels, to reduce others.

First: sources and sinks: (Sources of Greenhouse Gas Emissions | US EPA and Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks | US EPA

1) Transportation. 28.5% of US emissions comes from fossil fuels powering our planes, trains and automobiles and ships and motorcycles and trucks and everything else with an ICE that rolls.

2) Electricity Production. 28.4% of 2016 US emissions came from our power plants. Approximately 68% of our electrical energy is generated by coal, natural gas and other fossil fuels

3) Industry. Approximately 22% of our greenhouse gas emissions come from industrial processes. The largest portion is the burning of fossil fuels for energy (the heat required for smelting iron, for instance), the next from processes that produce GHGs as a side product (eg, the manufacture of cement releases large quantities of CO2)

4) Commercial and residental. 11% of GHG emissions come primarily from fossil fuels burned to proiduce heat and handle waste

5) Agriculture> Roughly 9% of GHGs from from livestock [insert snickers for <12 crowd and Skookerasbil] soil decomposition and rice paddies

6) Land use and forestry. In the US in 2016, managed forests and other lands have absorbed more CO2 than they have produced offsetting 11% of our emissions.

So what can we do, not do, and decide, that will help reduce our CO2 emissions from these sources?
/----/ Libs could go live in caves and we can turn the Blue State largest cities into golf courses.
iu

Wrong......posted US is on track with its Paris reductions without govt interference...same way we hit our Kyoto goals.

You believe Congress and the Presidency have been pushing for CO2 reductions for the last two years?

There was none..but do feel free to point out any post, on any thread where you think there was...

What are you doing? You have taken a post from one thread and posted it in another. Please delete.

I have posted many for you in the past, I will not waste time on you again. Have a nice day.

Wrong......posted US is on track with its Paris reductions without govt interference...same way we hit our Kyoto goals.

You believe Congress and the Presidency have been pushing for CO2 reductions for the last two years?
Says without govt interference doesn't it.....and yet emissions are down...….have a sad now
Just means that most businesses are currently managed by people more intelligent than the president.

I have posted many for you in the past, I will not waste time on you again. Have a nice day.

What do you know...not a single post pointed out....that's because there are none.

How predictable are you?

I can always state with perfect confidence that there is not a single piece of observed measured evidence which supports AGW over natural variability....I can say it in perfect confidence that no one will post jack to contradict the statement because there is nothing...I can predict that no one will point out any post where any such evidence was posted because there were none...

If any such evidence had been posted, I would not be able to escape it...it would be in every thread since I am in practically every thread pointing out that there is no observed, measured evidence to support the warmest claims.

So again, I predict that you won't be pointing out any post whatsoever...prove how predictable you are....mewl a bit for me while you are at it.

Says without govt interference doesn't it.....and yet emissions are down...….have a sad now
Just means that most businesses are currently managed by people more intelligent than the president.
IF you believe that to be the case why would we need onerous regs then....if they are alrdy handling situation

What do you know...not a single post pointed out....that's because there are none.

How predictable are you?

I can always state with perfect confidence that there is not a single piece of observed measured evidence which supports AGW over natural variability....I can say it in perfect confidence that no one will post jack to contradict the statement because there is nothing...I can predict that no one will point out any post where any such evidence was posted because there were none...

If any such evidence had been posted, I would not be able to escape it...it would be in every thread since I am in practically every thread pointing out that there is no observed, measured evidence to support the warmest claims.

So again, I predict that you won't be pointing out any post whatsoever...prove how predictable you are....mewl a bit for me while you are at it.
You have been dismissed.

Go away quickly now little man.

IF you believe that to be the case why would we need onerous regs then....if they are alrdy handling situation
You know the answer as well as I do. Not all businesses are pitching in and even those that are could do more. Plus intelligent leadership is far from guaranteed long run.

You know the answer as well as I do. Not all businesses are pitching in and even those that are could do more. Plus intelligent leadership is far from guaranteed long run.
yeah so....we are on target.....EU is not...and they have all the regs…….makes ya go. hhhhmmmmmmmm

How predictable are you?

You have been dismissed.

Just as predictable as I said....you guys are laughable...Evidence talks and bullshit walks...Since you have no evidence, you know what happens next. Or you could hang around and I will continue to badger you for that which you have lied, and claimed to have presented but don't seem to be able to come up with.

yeah so....we are on target.....EU is not...and they have all the regs…….makes ya go. hhhhmmmmmmmm
No, it doesn't. Most of the business policies were started while there were regulations.

How predictable are you?

You have been dismissed.

Just as predictable as I said....you guys are laughable...Evidence talks and bullshit walks...Since you have no evidence, you know what happens next. Or you could hang around and I will continue to badger you for that which you have lied, and claimed to have presented but don't seem to be able to come up with.
Are you still here? I told you I'm not gonna waste anymore time with you.

Have a nice day.

No, it doesn't. Most of the business policies were started while there were regulations.
Why exactly do we need those regulations? Do you have any observed, measured evidence that more CO2 equals more warming in the atmosphere? Any at all that would justify the regulations?

Why are they not on target and we are.....they have much more regulation than we do.....be honest......no bs

Forum List

Back