Things the wackjob right wants to get rid of

Why do they keep delivering my mortgage note every month?

Because you can't remember to pay your mortgage without a reminder.
So far, that doesn't make you look intelligent.

Must be why I always pay it before the bill comes.

But it is nice to know my principal balance, interest paid, escrow payments - complicated stuff that would bore you.

I have my on auto draft. I never have to worry about it.

oh cry us a river:eusa_boohoo:

those evil whack job people want to cut back on the Government who is booting it's boots on the necks of the people in this country.

Yeah, lets get rid of aid to college students and see what happens to the average person in this country who is trying to get a college education,.

Let's get rid of our nuclear arsenal and see if the world respects us as a world superpower anymore.

Give it a shot.

oh you people and the dramatics..:eusa_boohoo:

Why is it right wingers don't care about the consequences of their brain dead policy ideas?

The right wants to get rid of:

The entire Department of Education, which includes but is not limited to:

Elimination of Pell Grants
Elimination of federally subsidized student loans

The entire Department of Energy, which includes but is not limited to:

Elimination of Nuclear weapons - these weapons, while its arguable we don't need so many, are crucial to our national security. Why the right would want to eliminate them is beside me.

Elimination of Nuclear weapons intelligence - also handled by the DOE, our knowledge of our enemies AND friends nuclear weapons arsenal - even today - are crucial.

Elimination of Marketing of hydroelectric power from existing hydroelectric structures to consumers. whatever you feel about developing future hydro-power, why wouldn't we want to use hydro-power that's already available?

Wouldnt it have been much easier to just post this link.

A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies (A) | USA.gov

It all about anarchy....Didnt you get the memo..........?

Then rather than advocate for education's demise in this nation because of poor management of a Dept. perhaps the best thing to do is actually fix the Dept. itself so that it's main focus is to see to it young people are educated to the point where they can help this nation compete in the future. I fail to see where 50 different standards as opposed to one standard. The other thing to consider is this, the budget impact of the Dept. of Education should it be gone would be less than 10% of the entire DOD Budget and little or no impact on the deficit. The point is, if the Department is poorly ran, and I tend to agree with that, in that the main focus is not education it is teacher numbers, then fix the Department so that we can compete with the other 14 to 16 nations who currently spend less and out perform this nation in education as well as many other areas as a result.
Ya can't polish a turd, dude.

First Oddball, a Me-262? in your Avatar? it looks like one, I wasn't aware any were in flying condition.

There's an outfit in Seattle that has reproduced two, that I know of.

STORMBIRDS presents the Me 262 Project

Anyway, this whole Department of Education issue at least in my opinion seems to be a management issue rather than one of the overall reasoning for having the Department itself. I still believe that having a national focus and national management of eduction that at least see's minimum standards followed has nothing but benefits. I do tend to agree with those who say the Dept. has been more focused on the needs of teachers rather than education and students where it should be.
It's a management problem in that they're trying to manage something that's none of their business....Hell, they can't even keep the USPS in the black, why would anyone think that they'd get better results with something really important?

First Oddball, a Me-262? in your Avatar? it looks like one, I wasn't aware any were in flying condition.

Anyway, this whole Department of Education issue at least in my opinion seems to be a management issue rather than one of the overall reasoning for having the Department itself. I still believe that having a national focus and national management of eduction that at least see's minimum standards followed has nothing but benefits. I do tend to agree with those who say the Dept. has been more focused on the needs of teachers rather than education and students where it should be.
It's a management problem in that they're trying to manage something that's none of their business....

Then every Republican in every single University that gets federal funding needs to stop being a fucking hypocrite and withdraw immediately

Hell, they can't even keep the USPS in the black, why would anyone think that they'd get better results with something really important?

The Department of Education doesn't run the Post Office you tax cheating moron.

Why do they keep delivering my mortgage note every month?

But it is nice to know my principal balance, interest paid, escrow payments - complicated stuff that would bore you.

None of that stuff is complicated. It is actually quite simple.
Again, that doesn't make you look intelligent.

Its complicated - to you - because you'd rather not get a monthly update on those figures.

How would paying a bill make anyone look intelligent? That's not why people pay bill morons.

It's a management problem in that they're trying to manage something that's none of their business....

Then every Republican in every single University that gets federal funding needs to stop being a fucking hypocrite and withdraw immediately

Hell, they can't even keep the USPS in the black, why would anyone think that they'd get better results with something really important?

The IRS is an entirely different department.
Try to keep up.

Its complicated - to you - because you'd rather not get a monthly update on those figures.

How would paying a bill make anyone look intelligent? That's not why people pay bill morons.

And yet, you are the one that thinks simple concepts are complicated. I didn't say it was complicated, you did.

The IRS is an entirely different department.
Try to keep up.

How the fuck did the IRS get into this?

It's a management problem in that they're trying to manage something that's none of their business....Hell, they can't even keep the USPS in the black, why would anyone think that they'd get better results with something really important?

To be honest here Oddball the Dept. of Education would be very beneficial to this nation should it keep its focus where it needs to be and thats on education and act as a mechanism to help that happen rather than one that tends to be focused on teacher hires and test scores and teacher numbers. Who knows how this one would work out, but it would seem to me that by having a Dept. that has it's main focus as education like it needs to be then we all benefit and the nation benefits. I am not in any disagreement with those who say there are issue with that Department, I agree with them, however I tend to think there is a need for such a Department if it were run correctly. As for the USPS I was under the impression that they were forced to make 5 Billion in annual payments to its pension and disability fund to cover future needs and thats a big factor in causing it to lose money each year. Plus because the Post Office is in the constitution and comes under the perview of Congress as per the constitution , shouldn't congress share some of the blame there? I'm not disagreeing with you here, just making a point that, both sides of the Isle here, tend point fingers when they both have had a hand in striking the match to help Rome burn. It would seem to me they both should suck it up and try and fix the mess they both made.

Then every Republican in every single University that gets federal funding needs to stop being a fucking hypocrite and withdraw immediately.
As far as I know, Hillsdale doesn't accept a cent of taxpayer money.

The USPS, though, is a shining example of the utter incompetence of the federal bureaucracy....More than likely the same or greater level of incompetence exists at DoE.

You certainly aren't very bright for someone who claims to have an advanced degree, are you?. :lol:

The USPS, though, is a shining example of the utter incompetence of the federal bureaucracy....

Because you say so?
More than likely the same or greater level of incompetence exists at DoE.

You certainly aren't very bright for someone who claims to have an advanced degree, are you?.
Would it surprise you to know that they don't teach your opinions on the USPS in graduate levels physics courses?

Last edited:
The USPS, though, is a shining example of the utter incompetence of the federal bureaucracy....

Because you say so?
More than likely the same or greater level of incompetence exists at DoE.

You certainly aren't very bright for someone who claims to have an advanced degree, are you?.
Would it surprise you to know that they don't teach your opinions on the USPS in graduate levels physics courses?

So you're an idiot savant then?

Forum List

Back