Things that make you go 'hmmm'

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Instead, I’m troubled by the gaping contrast between their political rhetoric and their own experience. Through the right-wing groups that they control and fund, and through their own statements, they describe an American economy that is so overrun with rules and regulations, so handicapped by high taxes and so deeply hostile to the interests of the wealthy that it has become difficult if not impossible to do business.

They have a special degree of disdain for President Obama. This summer, in a secret convention in Colorado of some of the nation’s wealthiest people, Charles Koch urged attendees to donate a million dollars apiece to his effort to defeat Obama, a fight that he called “the mother of all wars over the next 18 months, for the life or death of this country.”

Yet as the chart above demonstrates, despite the crippling restrictions allegedly placed on capitalism, the two brothers have somehow managed to more than quintuple their combined wealth, from roughly $7.5 billion to $50 billion, over the last seven years. In the last three years alone, most of it during the presidency of the much-despised Kenyan Marxist usurper destroyer of America, they have increased their wealth by a remarkable $20 billion. That three-year increase alone is more than 200,000 times the median household wealth in this country.

Again, I don’t begrudge them that success. I just don’t understand how they can then turn around and complain incessantly about how terribly this country and this administration treats them and their peers, because incontrovertible evidence to the contrary is right there on their own bottom line.

What more do they want?

All of it, and the power to go with it. That's my guess.

Best rebuttal to Koch brothers is their own bottom line » Comment Page 7 | Jay Bookman

The Rich get Richer while dividing and conquering the middle class. Good for them - Bad for US.

As someone here stated: "A WORKING PERSON VOTING FOR A REPUBLICAN THESE DAYS
IS LIKE A CHICKEN VOTING FOR COLONEL SANDERS"

Earning monies... in an up market, down market, or whatever other type of market, is on the decisions and actions of the investor....

Being treated bad thru unequal taxation policies, watching govt take more and more because of the heroin-like spending addiction, and watching govt hinder the average business more and more, are completely different things....

You can have a successful period and still realize that what government does overall is wrong

The Rich get Richer while dividing and conquering the middle class. Good for them - Bad for US.

And a middle class working person voting for a liberal is like a fish welcoming the hoard of leeches onto itself

• Banned

And a middle class working person voting for a liberal is like a fish welcoming the hoard of leeches onto itself

So it's nobody then, right? You didn't deny his point, so you agree. Everybody is bad - so now what.

Dem want to redistribute all the wealth until there's none left.

Why do you hate success?

Why can't you learn instead of hate, are you too stupid to learn anything?

Let me see if I understand this. You are supposed to go into business and not make money? Is that what you believe? If so, you are a dope.

Instead, I’m troubled by the gaping contrast between their political rhetoric and their own experience. Through the right-wing groups that they control and fund, and through their own statements, they describe an American economy that is so overrun with rules and regulations, so handicapped by high taxes and so deeply hostile to the interests of the wealthy that it has become difficult if not impossible to do business.

They have a special degree of disdain for President Obama. This summer, in a secret convention in Colorado of some of the nation’s wealthiest people, Charles Koch urged attendees to donate a million dollars apiece to his effort to defeat Obama, a fight that he called “the mother of all wars over the next 18 months, for the life or death of this country.”

Yet as the chart above demonstrates, despite the crippling restrictions allegedly placed on capitalism, the two brothers have somehow managed to more than quintuple their combined wealth, from roughly $7.5 billion to $50 billion, over the last seven years. In the last three years alone, most of it during the presidency of the much-despised Kenyan Marxist usurper destroyer of America, they have increased their wealth by a remarkable $20 billion. That three-year increase alone is more than 200,000 times the median household wealth in this country.

Again, I don’t begrudge them that success. I just don’t understand how they can then turn around and complain incessantly about how terribly this country and this administration treats them and their peers, because incontrovertible evidence to the contrary is right there on their own bottom line.

What more do they want?

Best rebuttal to Koch brothers is their own bottom line » Comment Page 7 | Jay Bookman

Both sides have the super wealthy, it's not just a republican thing.
George Soros took 10 billion of his money and shorted the British Pound....which really sank the economy of Britain. I haven't seen or heard of the Koch Bros. doing something like that, but hey....you want it to be a conservative thing, feel free.

You could say the same thing about how much Soros really wants? Or, his motives for that matter?

Joe Kennedy shorted the US Stock Market,.

Dems like to make their living off of that

What more do they want?

I think that's the bottom line with a lot of these guys. They already have plenty of economic clout, now they want to see if they can get more politcal clout and even become a defacto gov't themselves.

If these guys could have their own little city-state where they pay the citizens shit to do their bidding they would.

If you wonder what these guys are actually after, John Stuart Mill said it best: "Men do not want to be rich. They want to be richer than other men."

After a point, the money becomes only a means to an end, and for that matter even political power is only a means to an end. The goal is personal power: to reduce as many others as possible to subservience to one's own will. To be able to steal a man's wife and have her be afraid to say no and him be afraid to say boo. To have one's employees grovel on the floor, devoid of self-respect, because their lives are in your hands. To have others look up to you with obsequious, trembling respect as you squeeze them dry.

That's what it's really all about.

If you wonder what these guys are actually after, John Stuart Mill said it best: "Men do not want to be rich. They want to be richer than other men."

After a point, the money becomes only a means to an end, and for that matter even political power is only a means to an end. The goal is personal power: to reduce as many others as possible to subservience to one's own will. To be able to steal a man's wife and have her be afraid to say no and him be afraid to say boo. To have one's employees grovel on the floor, devoid of self-respect, because their lives are in your hands. To have others look up to you with obsequious, trembling respect as you squeeze them dry.

That's what it's really all about.

Now we understand why liberals are such envious prehensile morons.

They actually believe this crap!

Only a liberal would imagine that people who have acquired a lot of money would only want to do bad things with it.

What more do they want?

Republican presidents who will appoint conservative judges and justices who will in turn ensure their continued success and implement their conservative social agenda.

For the wealthy it’s not about the here and now, they already own that; it’s about making sure they own the future as well.

And as for the ‘little conservatives,’ the economy, regulation, and taxes are also a smokescreen designed to conceal the true conservative social and judicial agenda. They know taxes are lower now than they’ve been in decades, they know their tax responsibility constitutes no ‘burden.’ It’s about long-held conservative dogma that the New Deal must be ‘dismantled,’ and the elimination of needed and successful social programs such as Medicare to conform to that dogma.

What more do they want?

Republican presidents who will appoint conservative judges and justices who will in turn ensure their continued success and implement their conservative social agenda.

For the wealthy it’s not about the here and now, they already own that; it’s about making sure they own the future as well.

And as for the ‘little conservatives,’ the economy, regulation, and taxes are also a smokescreen designed to conceal the true conservative social and judicial agenda. They know taxes are lower now than they’ve been in decades, they know their tax responsibility constitutes no ‘burden.’ It’s about long-held conservative dogma that the New Deal must be ‘dismantled,’ and the elimination of needed and successful social programs such as Medicare to conform to that dogma.

And democrat presidents appoint liberal judges....It's the way it is. Just what is your point other than a bitch session about conservatives?

And as for the ‘little conservatives,’ the economy, regulation, and taxes are also a smokescreen designed to conceal the true conservative social and judicial agenda.

Yeah, and we all know that liberals are really devil worshipers who want to sacrifice our children on their bloody alters to Beelzebub.

They know taxes are lower now than they’ve been in decades, they know their tax responsibility constitutes no ‘burden.’ It’s about long-held conservative dogma that the New Deal must be ‘dismantled,’ and the elimination of needed and successful social programs such as Medicare to conform to that dogma.

Federal government spending is currently at 25% of GDP. That's the highest its been in 25 years. If the Dims get their way and cover the deficit with tax increases, then taxes will be the highest they have been since WW II. The true rate of taxation in the 70s wasn't as high as they appear to be because the high marginal rates didn't kick in until very high levels of income and there were plenty of loopholes. People are actually paying more of their income in taxes to the federal government than they have since WW II.

Last edited:
Let me see if I understand this. You are supposed to go into business and not make money? Is that what you believe? If so, you are a dope.

You're supposed to go into business to make a fair* amount of money...

Anything above that should be gladly given to the government who will spend it on important things like solar technology and wind farms...

* the government will dermine what's "fair"....

Forum List

Back