Things Many White People Seem To Not Understand

No, I didn't literally say that. I do not automatically look at a white guy and say "Racist;" fortunately that is nowhere near the truth. White privilege isn't the same as racism. White privilege is a subtle frame of mind that, through ignorance, makes it difficult for some people to understand that there is still an unspoken handicap at play if you are an African American. If it doesn't apply to you, move on and shut your trap.
If I've got you losing your temper, though, I have hope I'm hitting a nerve.
I look forward to reading your argument here on Monday. Maybe it will help me understand your position and the position of many of your Buds here.

Nothing you have told me so far explains your responses to me or why you have made it a habit to mock and disrespect my views in every thread for weeks now with a "funny." I doubt if it is your way of building my "Likes" total.
I'm beginning to wonder if you, Sir, are part of that "Alt Right" crew which is being equally vehemently denied elsewhere on this board.
what is the alt right?

"Why do they hate whites? Because whites are racist"

Get out of here with your bullshit grandma.
That was a different thread where everyone was using the same broad brush to speak of blacks and whites as general groups and their general attitudes. Context matters. Maybe you should go work for the NYTimes.
Funny how you don't trust the NYTimes when you support the lying scum on CNN just fine.
The "lying scum" on CNN didn't say anything about the KKK. He let them speak for themselves. Straight out of the horse's mouth, I got those words I heard. I was referring to the prevailing attitude here toward the Times as a lying, biased, pos. Not my attitude.
They show heavily edited footage of pretty much nothing but the most militant members and then construct a narrative throughout the documentary that attacks the idea of being pro-white at all to negate any of the reasonable voices they show later. The "progressive" media is full of the most despicable people on the planet.
Heavily edited or not, I don't agree with their posture or yours. But HONESTLY, I appreciate your explaining your stance.
It is like 320's acquaintances say, they don't care what other people think; of course there is white privilege and they deserve it/plan to keep it. At last, you are making sense.

What? What whites don't understand? Then you ******* should be deported to INDIA, where you would learn what real racism is. Hehehe.

Red:
The highlighted term alludes to something I cannot abide: the idea that there are better and worse flavors of racism. But, hey, that's my take. Perhaps folks who routinely find themselves and others of their race being objects of race-based discrimination, objectification, etc. see it differently?

You know, I've never asked an American black or Latino person that question. Nor has any of them said to me, "We got discriminated against, but it was just 'low grade' bias carried out by a 'small' racist," or "We got discriminated against, but it was just 'low grade' bias carried out by a 'big' racist." As I think about it more, it occurs to me that nobody of any race has ever told me they sought to visit India to learn what "real racism" is.
Surely someone has wanted to do that and followed through and did it?

Have you come across a scholarly work that compares and contrasts racism in India with that of the U.S?
There will never be a scholarly work about this in the west, because western scholars are all programmed to believe that only white people are racist, even when they are not. Western scholars will never teach reality, that Indians are blatantly and openly racist against Africans without holding themselves back either personally or institutionally. And the same is true with Arabic racism against Indians. And so on. These things western scholars will never fathom or accept. Reality though. Hehehe. By the way I am white.

What? What whites don't understand? Then you ******* should be deported to INDIA, where you would learn what real racism is. Hehehe.

Red:
The highlighted term alludes to something I cannot abide: the idea that there are better and worse flavors of racism. But, hey, that's my take. Perhaps folks who routinely find themselves and others of their race being objects of race-based discrimination, objectification, etc. see it differently?

You know, I've never asked an American black or Latino person that question. Nor has any of them said to me, "We got discriminated against, but it was just 'low grade' bias carried out by a 'small' racist," or "We got discriminated against, but it was just 'low grade' bias carried out by a 'big' racist." As I think about it more, it occurs to me that nobody of any race has ever told me they sought to visit India to learn what "real racism" is.

Have you come across a scholarly work that compares and contrasts racism in India with that of the U.S?
There will never be a scholarly work about this in the west, because western scholars are all programmed to believe that only white people are racist, even when they are not. Western scholars will never teach reality, that Indians are blatantly and openly racist against Africans without holding themselves back either personally or institutionally. And the same is true with Arabic racism against Indians. And so on. These things western scholars will never fathom or accept. Reality though. Hehehe. By the way I am white.

Red:
Perhaps not. I don't know. Is there an enduringly legitimate reason for Western, American in particular, researchers to examine India's and Indian aimed racism, particularly insofar as Indian researchers have done so?

Blue:
I am disinclined to think programming has a thing to do with it. Racism is presently defined as the confluence of prejudice and power. Once white folks, as a class, in the U.S. no longer have the predominance of power, it will be impossible for them to be construed as racists.

Red:

Red:
Perhaps not. I don't know. Is there an enduringly legitimate reason for Western, American in particular, researchers to examine India's and Indian aimed racism, particularly insofar as Indian researchers have done so?

Blue:
I am disinclined to think programming has a thing to do with it. Racism is presently defined as the confluence of prejudice and power. Once white folks, as a class, in the U.S. no longer have the predominance of power, it will be impossible for them to be construed as racists.
I meant western in a worldwide contest, not like west of the Mississippi. And for the definition of racism, it is political not scientific, so there are as many definitions as users to suit them, changing per day. There is a term called reverse racism, which is also racism, and is defined as exercised by the powerless against the powerful.

Red:

Red:

Blue:
I meant western in a worldwide contest, not like west of the Mississippi. And for the definition of racism, it is political not scientific, so there are as many definitions as users to suit them, changing per day. There is a term called reverse racism, which is also racism, and is defined as exercised by the powerless against the powerful.

I didn't think you meant "west of the Mississippi." LOL

I earned everything I have, and started with nothing. I worked many years in the military-industrial complex where EEOC meant I had to be better than blacks or even women.

I could go through your list but I haven't the inclination at the moment. If you want to feel guilty then go ahead, but don't tell me I had privilege

what is the alt right?

"Why do they hate whites? Because whites are racist"

Get out of here with your bullshit grandma.
That was a different thread where everyone was using the same broad brush to speak of blacks and whites as general groups and their general attitudes. Context matters. Maybe you should go work for the NYTimes.
Funny how you don't trust the NYTimes when you support the lying scum on CNN just fine.
The "lying scum" on CNN didn't say anything about the KKK. He let them speak for themselves. Straight out of the horse's mouth, I got those words I heard. I was referring to the prevailing attitude here toward the Times as a lying, biased, pos. Not my attitude.
They show heavily edited footage of pretty much nothing but the most militant members and then construct a narrative throughout the documentary that attacks the idea of being pro-white at all to negate any of the reasonable voices they show later. The "progressive" media is full of the most despicable people on the planet.
Heavily edited or not, I don't agree with their posture or yours. But HONESTLY, I appreciate your explaining your stance.
It is like 320's acquaintances say, they don't care what other people think; of course there is white privilege and they deserve it/plan to keep it. At last, you are making sense.
320 isn't even in line with any of the people he quotes on the MAJOR aspects of "white privilege".

If Tim Wise or Jane Elliot or Peggy McIntosh simply believed that "white privilege" was "majority privilege" for white people in a majority white country, all anyone would have to do is point to the demographic changes happening in every western country to completely reverse the argument.

And even if demographics weren't changing so dramatically in the west, one could still argue that the desire for "anti-racists" that white people give up their privileges just creates an imbalance in the equation between white western peoples and the non-whites who enjoy unaltered "majority privilege" in their own much more homogenous countries.

Last edited:

Red:

Blue:
You mean like how it is impossible for white South Africans and white Zimbabweans to be construed as racist?

Oh wait....

Forum List

Back