Things I'm critical of Obama for...

Just as YOUR willingness to vote for his failures.

Joey? YOU are a simp.

I'm willing to vote for a decent man over an evil one.

No.

You're eager to vote for a failed shit bag over a rational alternative.

I don't consider Romney a Rational Alternative.

Nor do I really consider Obama a failure. Not as successful as I'd like, but he's actually steered us a lot better than the rest of the G-8 nations, all of which are in worse shape than we are right now.

I think the behavior of the GOP has been pretty reprehensible. But the behavior of the Democrats in the Bush years was equally bad. And the way Republicans acted in the Clinton years was bad, too.

Equally bad in what way? Bush, in terms of legislation, was one of the most successful Presidents in US history. You don't get there with an obstructionist congress. Bush got 2 major tax cuts, most of the appointments he wanted, 2 wars, a major medicare bill, a change to the education system and got to defund most major regulatory agencies.

Obama's been having a tough time pushing warmed over conservative ideas through congress.

They weren't "equally" bad..

Um, yeah, they were. If the Democrats were standing behind bush, it was usually to look for a place to stick a knife. Especially in regard to the Iraq War, which they were all so eager to vote for when it started, but then turned on Bush and the troops at the first oppurtunity.

I have little love for the Corporate greed of the GOP or how it panders to religious whackjobs, but the one thing they do well is stand up for the troops.. They don't send them out to war and then pull the rug out from them.

Also, give Bush a little credit for being able to comprimise... you talk about the Education reform bill. YOu mean the one he let Ted Kennedy write? Things conservatives wanted like School Choice weren't in there, but doubling the budget of the worthless Department of Education was.

The same thing with the medicaid bill. He got a medicaid bill that covered something Democrats insisted that we needed to cover for years.

In short, the man bent over backwards to work with them,and they still screwed him at every oppurtunity, and if you want to understand why the GOP in Congress is being such a bunch of dicks to Obama, it's largely because there's so much leftover resentment.

Shouldn't be that way, but it is. Welcome to a dysfunctional system.

Forum List

Back