Things I'm critical of Obama for...

For some of our less evolved RW posters, they automatically equate oppossition to Romney with endorsement of Obama. Even though their support of Romney is not based on any love of Romney, but hatred of Obama because he has a D behind his name.

So in the interest of fairness, I thought I'd list the things I am critical of Obama for doing or not doing. Nearly all of these I've criticized him for in the past. People forget that now because even though I said as far back as July I would never support the Weird Mormon Robot, they thought I was kidding and would come around by now, I guess.

1) Obamacare- The problem with the ACA is that it doesn’t really address the underlying problem, which is not so much the non-insured (most of whom are young enough to where buying insurance is impractical) but the spiraling costs of insurance. It does little to control the cost of health care, it just spreads the costs around by forcing people into the system.

2) Stimulus- It was focused on bailing out state governments and delaying the day they had to make tough choices on pensions and personnel and benefits. The ugly truth is we’ve never gotten out of a recession without a burst of Keynesian spending. This was even true of Reagan, who doubled defense spending. This was just about putting off the reckoning.

3) Budget showdown/Debt Ceiling- Never, ever should have gotten to that point. It was the most reckless game of chicken ever. Both parties deserve blame and scorn for it. Obama’s comments about peas and his daughters’ homework were patronizing, and missed the national mood. Again, this is where you really miss a Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan, who had the instinct to Ju-Jitsu the opposition with their own momentum and co-opt the good ideas.

4) Keystone- A great example of how certain special interest groups hold good ideas hostage. Obama could have gotten behind starting construction while still minding environmental concerns.

5) Afghanistan- this is an example of how rhetoric can cloud reality. Obama called Afganistan the “war of necessity”, so he could look hawkish while still reaping the benefits of the Iraq War’s unpopularity. But really, any purpose there was over when Karzai stole the 2009 election. So why are we still there? Because no one can admit it isn't worth it.

6) Libya- Another great example of sticking our hands in a hornet’s nest and hoping we can find nice hornets which won’t sting us. It’s like we never learn. the people we helped are hip deep in with Al Qaeda, but we helped them get rid of Qadaffi, who really hadn't been a problem in some time.

7) Holder- Needs to go. Period.

8) Wright- this is water over the damn, really, but the way he handled it 2008 was kind of reprehensible. Particularly the way he threw Granny under the bus.

9)Free Trade= Still drinking the Free Trade Koolaid, but both parties do that.

Now, again, none of these things are to me a compelling reason to vote for Romney, a guy who would make the economic problems worse because he do more of the same things we are doing wrong.

You just listed all of his accomplishments and turned them in to negatives.

]

No, I had a thoughtful discussion that didn't involve screaming "Marxist" "Black Liberation Theology" "Hates America" or any of the other talking point of you whacks...

Sorry you can't tell the difference.

I don't believe, "some good things" is good enough for the country. His negatives far outweigh his positives over-all, it's really quite indisputable from a big picture perspective.

Well, on Romney, you're not looking for evidence that Romney would be an improvement, quite the contrary. I also believe it's too early to tell, his mettle is still being tested.

My opinion about Romney was made up when I found out he was a Mormon. I really hate those guys.

Point is, Obama did save the Auto Industry. He did force some sensible reforms on the banks and credit card companies. He did get us out of Iraq in good order. He's restored a lot of the good will towards the US that was lost during the Bush years.

I think a lot of the bad problems are things that are beyond everyone's control until we can put partisanship aside and put the interests of American workers above those of big corporations (which have corrupted both parties.)

Okay. Can you set the bolded bit aside? Because if you do, then what would be the positives and negatives of Romney, in your estimation.

I think that his religion is an important issue, becuase they are kind of a shady cult that doesn't seem to appreciate our civil harmony only works because of a clear separation of Church and State.

But to his negatives that have little to do with his religion-

1) Business Practices- He and people like him are the problem. If you want to list one single cause of our decline economically over the last 40 years, it has been the decline of the American Middle Class.

2) Flip-Flopping - The very fact a liberal Republican like JakeStarkey and an ultra-RW Loon like Great Gatsby can both think that Romney is going to be their guy in January indicates that this guy is slippery.

3) Pandering- IN both the 2008 campaign and the 2012 campaign, he really did pander to the most extreme voices on Immigration, abortion, guns, gay rights, even though this is not where he governed from.

4) Lack of empathy for regular people- Kind of corrolary to the first point, but Romney seems uncomfortable around regular folks.

5) Lack of Candor- Why won't he go on the Sunday Shows other than Fox News Sunday?

6) Dishonesty- The guy always acts like he's up to something. Again, when the Cranwood story came out "I don't recall that incident, but I'm reasonably sure I didn't haze him because he was gay." Honestly, he reminds me of Clinton in the slipperness, without the charm.

Now, I will admit, I'm biased. But frankly, I can't really belive no one else notices these things, even on the right.

I think that they've just concluded that Romney is the guy with the best chance, and they are going to hope for the best.

And frankly, we were down this road before in 2000 with George W. Bush. He had name recognition. So what if there werent' a ton of warning flags... we just want to take back the White House, we don't care how.

Full disclosure, I voted for Bush both times, who for all his flaws was a much better person than Romney. I also voted for McCain. Romeny is just a bridge I can't cross.

As for his positives..

Well, I'm sure he's a effective businessman. I'm sure he's a reasonably good family man. I'm just not he'd be all that good of a president.

For some of our less evolved RW posters, they automatically equate oppossition to Romney with endorsement of Obama. Even though their support of Romney is not based on any love of Romney, but hatred of Obama because he has a D behind his name.

So in the interest of fairness, I thought I'd list the things I am critical of Obama for doing or not doing. Nearly all of these I've criticized him for in the past. People forget that now because even though I said as far back as July I would never support the Weird Mormon Robot, they thought I was kidding and would come around by now, I guess.

1) Obamacare- The problem with the ACA is that it doesn’t really address the underlying problem, which is not so much the non-insured (most of whom are young enough to where buying insurance is impractical) but the spiraling costs of insurance. It does little to control the cost of health care, it just spreads the costs around by forcing people into the system.

2) Stimulus- It was focused on bailing out state governments and delaying the day they had to make tough choices on pensions and personnel and benefits. The ugly truth is we’ve never gotten out of a recession without a burst of Keynesian spending. This was even true of Reagan, who doubled defense spending. This was just about putting off the reckoning.

3) Budget showdown/Debt Ceiling- Never, ever should have gotten to that point. It was the most reckless game of chicken ever. Both parties deserve blame and scorn for it. Obama’s comments about peas and his daughters’ homework were patronizing, and missed the national mood. Again, this is where you really miss a Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan, who had the instinct to Ju-Jitsu the opposition with their own momentum and co-opt the good ideas.

4) Keystone- A great example of how certain special interest groups hold good ideas hostage. Obama could have gotten behind starting construction while still minding environmental concerns.

5) Afghanistan- this is an example of how rhetoric can cloud reality. Obama called Afganistan the “war of necessity”, so he could look hawkish while still reaping the benefits of the Iraq War’s unpopularity. But really, any purpose there was over when Karzai stole the 2009 election. So why are we still there? Because no one can admit it isn't worth it.

6) Libya- Another great example of sticking our hands in a hornet’s nest and hoping we can find nice hornets which won’t sting us. It’s like we never learn. the people we helped are hip deep in with Al Qaeda, but we helped them get rid of Qadaffi, who really hadn't been a problem in some time.

8) Wright- this is water over the damn, really, but the way he handled it 2008 was kind of reprehensible. Particularly the way he threw Granny under the bus.

Now, again, none of these things are to me a compelling reason to vote for Romney, a guy who would make the economic problems worse because he do more of the same things we are doing wrong.

For some reason I can't neg your liberal bigot ass from my phone. I owe you one, bitch!!!!!!!

My opinion about Romney was made up when I found out he was a Mormon. I really hate those guys.

Point is, Obama did save the Auto Industry. He did force some sensible reforms on the banks and credit card companies. He did get us out of Iraq in good order. He's restored a lot of the good will towards the US that was lost during the Bush years.

I think a lot of the bad problems are things that are beyond everyone's control until we can put partisanship aside and put the interests of American workers above those of big corporations (which have corrupted both parties.)

Okay. Can you set the bolded bit aside? Because if you do, then what would be the positives and negatives of Romney, in your estimation.

I think that his religion is an important issue, becuase they are kind of a shady cult that doesn't seem to appreciate our civil harmony only works because of a clear separation of Church and State.

But to his negatives that have little to do with his religion-

1) Business Practices- He and people like him are the problem. If you want to list one single cause of our decline economically over the last 40 years, it has been the decline of the American Middle Class.

2) Flip-Flopping - The very fact a liberal Republican like JakeStarkey and an ultra-RW Loon like Great Gatsby can both think that Romney is going to be their guy in January indicates that this guy is slippery.

3) Pandering- IN both the 2008 campaign and the 2012 campaign, he really did pander to the most extreme voices on Immigration, abortion, guns, gay rights, even though this is not where he governed from.

4) Lack of empathy for regular people- Kind of corrolary to the first point, but Romney seems uncomfortable around regular folks.

5) Lack of Candor- Why won't he go on the Sunday Shows other than Fox News Sunday?

6) Dishonesty- The guy always acts like he's up to something. Again, when the Cranwood story came out "I don't recall that incident, but I'm reasonably sure I didn't haze him because he was gay." Honestly, he reminds me of Clinton in the slipperness, without the charm.

Now, I will admit, I'm biased. But frankly, I can't really belive no one else notices these things, even on the right.

I think that they've just concluded that Romney is the guy with the best chance, and they are going to hope for the best.

And frankly, we were down this road before in 2000 with George W. Bush. He had name recognition. So what if there werent' a ton of warning flags... we just want to take back the White House, we don't care how.

Full disclosure, I voted for Bush both times, who for all his flaws was a much better person than Romney. I also voted for McCain. Romeny is just a bridge I can't cross.

As for his positives..

Well, I'm sure he's a effective businessman. I'm sure he's a reasonably good family man. I'm just not he'd be all that good of a president.

Thanks. I'm a double on the Bush front too, so I hear ya.

Tragically, somebody told Joey that being muddled in his thinking, far left-wing in his criticism, and generally incoherent in his prose was the way to go.

And sadder yet, evidently Joey believed it.

Tragically, somebody told Joey that being muddled in his thinking, far left-wing in his criticism, and generally incoherent in his prose was the way to go.

NO, the sad thing is that you have such little intellectual depth that you really didn't comprehend the arguments made, so I totally understand that...

Sadly, Obama Derangement Syndrome isn't based on reason but emotion.

NO, the sad thing is that you have such little intellectual depth that you really didn't comprehend the arguments made, so I totally understand that...

Just as YOUR willingness to vote for his failures.

Joey? YOU are a simp.

Joey? YOU are a simp.

I'm willing to vote for a decent man over an evil one.

Wrong again. You have no intellectual depth.

You are nothing (emphasis on nothing) but a dishonest partisan hack.

Disdain and disgust for President Obama is based on reason. Your sycophantic adoration is based on emotion. And in your case, maybe a touch of lust. You want to suck him off.

Joey? YOU are a simp.

I'm willing to vote for a decent man over an evil one.

No.

You're eager to vote for a failed shit bag over a rational alternative.

Joe B, do it piss you off that Pres. Obama had absolutely no help from Repubs in addressing our problems?

What could we have accomplished IF all sides had worked on our problems together?

I think the thing I am most pissed at Obama about is how slow he was to understand that the Rethugs were not only not going to offer any help but that they were actively working against both Obama and the majority of the American people. He should have realized this much sooner and planned accordingly.

Also a little pissed that he took on HC at the time he did. Wasted to much time and effort and good will.

And Obama needs to get a lot meaner and nastier. Let a little ghetto out.

If he loses the next election, we are truly and royally fucked.

how can he?.....he cant relate to those people....and even if he wins......we are still fucked......maybe thats what this Country needs, to see how both sides suck.....then maybe a third party candidate,who actually gives rats ass about this Country instead of just his loyal following will get elected......

You just listed all of his accomplishments and turned them in to negatives.

]

No, I had a thoughtful discussion that didn't involve screaming "Marxist" "Black Liberation Theology" "Hates America" or any of the other talking point of you whacks...

Sorry you can't tell the difference.

I've NEVER said any of those things. So sorry your head is still stuck up your ass.

it's not so much that i am critical of 0bama, i'm critical of the political system and fraud that brings us con artists like 0bama. here's what i dont like about 0bama (or any other pupet the oligarchs put forth)- budget cuts; robbing social security, medicare; war mongering; corporate bail outs, surveilance programs, military expansion, hand outs to military contractors, his connections with wall street, his cia pedigree, supporting rogue states like israel, libyan rebel council, south sudan, kosovo, south korea, and the list goes on.

Joe B, do it piss you off that Pres. Obama had absolutely no help from Repubs in addressing our problems?

What could we have accomplished IF all sides had worked on our problems together?

I think the thing I am most pissed at Obama about is how slow he was to understand that the Rethugs were not only not going to offer any help but that they were actively working against both Obama and the majority of the American people. He should have realized this much sooner and planned accordingly.

Also a little pissed that he took on HC at the time he did. Wasted to much time and effort and good will.

And Obama needs to get a lot meaner and nastier. Let a little ghetto out.

If he loses the next election, we are truly and royally fucked.

I think the behavior of the GOP has been pretty reprehensible. But the behavior of the Democrats in the Bush years was equally bad. And the way Republicans acted in the Clinton years was bad, too.

This is the problem with parties that become more idealogically "pure" in that there is no room for comprimise, and people who are willing to be open minded like Lieberman or Lugar are run out on a rail by the purists.

I'm not sure if getting "nastier" is going to help Obama. A large part of his appeal was that he seemed like a nice guy. What has him in trouble is the economy has not improved. I don't think that's his fault or anyone else's fault. I think it's a global issue, and we've foolishly not looked out for our own interests as we've seen a huge "whoosh" of wealth from the west to the east.

Equally bad in what way? Bush, in terms of legislation, was one of the most successful Presidents in US history. You don't get there with an obstructionist congress. Bush got 2 major tax cuts, most of the appointments he wanted, 2 wars, a major medicare bill, a change to the education system and got to defund most major regulatory agencies.

Obama's been having a tough time pushing warmed over conservative ideas through congress.

They weren't "equally" bad..

I think the behavior of the GOP has been pretty reprehensible. But the behavior of the Democrats in the Bush years was equally bad. And the way Republicans acted in the Clinton years was bad, too.

Would have to disagree about the behavior towards Bush. That "behavior" was fueled by the belief that going to war with a country that didn't attack us was wrong.

Just what was it that Obama has done that was as "wrong" as getting American men and women killed for no good reason?

As for Repugs going after Clinton, that was pure revenge for Bill being successful.

As to Obama letting the "ghetto" out. Well I have heard that the people born in Kenya have a real mean streak. I want to see it. I think the Repubs in this country deserve a President that lets them know he thinks they are assholes. Cause they are. And fuk the idea that Obama is supposed to be nice. You know where nice guys finish? Obama better stand up and fight hard or we are truly and royally screwed. IMO.

Forum List

Back