Things I'm confused about and need clarification

Who cares if he didnt write it, what the hell does it matter, it creates a point and you cant deal with it so you spin it with "its plagiarism" Your a fricken lowlife.

It creates a leftist spin of a point. If I had nothing better to do, I could write a similar article pointed in the other direction. There's no reason to respond to the "points" themselves, so we just point out how ignorant the poster is for not even being original.

It creates a leftist spin of a point. If I had nothing better to do, I could write a similar article pointed in the other direction. There's no reason to respond to the "points" themselves, so we just point out how ignorant the poster is for not even being original.

So what's your point?

;)

Hardly anyone on this board is original, they take bits and pieces of what they hear on the news, radio and what they have read and they just repeat it. This is why we end up in so many debates because what we find is that both sides do many of the same things and there is rarely ever a conclusion to the topic being debated. Take the mortgage crisis for example. As you know we have been in banking and we both know what happened but I see so many ignorant posts that are so scripted that I know they are using someone else line and it shows they have no idea what they are talking about. Thats just one example.

Last edited:
It pretty much sums up the sneering disregard the left has for the majority of Americans.

Alaska doesn't count because the population isn't huge and the people hunt there.

Obama gets a pass on his involvement in the Fannie Mae, while Palin is ridiculed for naming her children names apparently not approved by liberals, who prefer "Barrack Hussein Obama" to "Trig Palin".

The left generates lies about Obama's citizenship, his ties to Islam, and a variety of other things...then blames the right for it.

And finally, the confusion stems from this...a handful of liberals don't understand why America views the world in a completely different light than they do...and come up with the assumption that the majority of Americans are obviously stupid and in need of laws which exclude them from politics, the opportunity to earn money, and curtails their ability to practice their various religions.

As much as I hate to say this I think AllieBaba has a point. This really has very little basis in fact. It does make you think twice about the McCain propaganda, but what you call your children and where you are from should have nothing to do with this election. I am glad that Obama's teaching and lawyer careers were brought up, though, not many people know about that.

Hardly anyone on this board is original, they take bits and pieces of what they hear on the news, radio and what they have read and they just repeat it. This is why we end up in so many debates because what we find is that both sides do many of the same things and there is rarely ever a conclusion to the topic being debated. Take the mortgage crisis for example. As you know we have been in banking and we both know what happened but I see so many ignorant posts that are so scripted that I know they are using someone else line and it shows they have no idea what they are talking about. Thats just one example.

I would like to think that I bring some originality to the board:D I try to bring ouside sources into the discussion, which everyone should be doing in their arguments.

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

* If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic,
different."
excuse me, but that is a msm talking point regarding how 'different' Obama is. Not to mention they got it from his first book.
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
Says whom? Besides, what American isn't a 'quintessential' American story?
* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
He chose to change his name. He made the name one of his 'differences', much like his upbringing. After calling attention to it, suddenly everyone is supposed to ignore it?
* Name your kids Willow , Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
Huh? Now you'd like to regulate naming kids? Sounds a bit like New Zealand.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
Whenever has this canard been used? Got a link, whoops, not your thing.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well
grounded.
Where has this linkage been used, regarding whether or not she's 'stable?' On the contrary I'd say you are disappointed that people don't agree that it or what colleges she attended qualifies or disqualifies her from the office.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the
first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter
registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a
Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator
representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the
state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the
United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while
sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and
Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real
leadership experience.
Brilliant? How does receiving millions of dollars, doling them out, and then fail to accomplish anything beyond handing out someone else's largess, equate with 'brilliant'? Then there was the Woods project, similar results. This NYT piece touches on both, with a 10 foot pole. Coming from Chicago, we've heard about Barack's brilliance, but it has to do with politics, not community organization.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council
and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months
as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified
to become the country's second highest ranking executive and next in line
behind a man in his eighth decade.
She's more qualified than Harry Truman was. She meets the constitutional qualifications, that's all that is necessary. Vote for her or not.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2
beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real
Christian.
God damn America....
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and then left
your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a true
Christian.
Wow, getting to the other candidate for the same office, great. Better than a cheating husband that gets drunk, sinks his car, gets out and runs away, while the girl drowns. For some reason McCain's ex manages to speak highly of him, go figure.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the
proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
Who has said that anyone couldn't teach their own children sex education they feel is appropriate? Oh, you are speaking of the sex education bill that mandated teaching HIV, along with birth control methods down to kindergarten, but in an 'age appropriate manner'. Problem is, no way to do that with 5-8 year olds.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no
other option in sex education in your state's school system while your
unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.
This has already been proven untrue.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a
prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't
represent America 's.
Where did any of this happen? Oh yea, in the mind of the actual writer of these questions.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude",with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age
25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
Lady Bird was an alcoholic, who went on to help millions. On the other hand, the actual candidate admits to cocaine use during the same years as the First Dude.
Someone please explain?

Last edited:
Betty Ford was an alcoholic, as well. As well as most of the Kennedys and heavens knows how many other presidents.

Palin has never promoted abstinence only. what is true is that there is federal money available to teach children abstinence along with a comprehensive sex edcuation curriculum, and lefty states are REFUSING THE MONEY, thus DENYING THEIR CHILDREN full access to information.

And they claim we're the ones who want to keep children ignorant.

I think that it is pointless to continue this topic. Time to go to another.

Why? He posted another's writing, without credit, yet picked up lots of 'good post' and asked for clarification, I and others tried.

Now it's time to move along?

Why? He posted another's writing, without credit, yet picked up lots of 'good post' and asked for clarification, I and others tried.

Now it's time to move along?

You are right, almost none of it is factual. That is why we must move on to something that is. If there are others who want to blindly believe him, let them, you have already stated your point.

Forum List

Back