things are looking up

Truthmatters, you really should read your own links before you make a fool of yourself.

"But spending remains too weak to strengthen the economy and lower unemployment. "
I figger TM just posts what's hot over there on Skinners Island (Democrat Underground). Actual understanding needn't ever take place. :lol:

Anyone and everyone with a lick of sense in the place of Bernancke, Geithner or Paulson would have called the supremes and said, "Hey, we may need a shitload of federal bankruptcy referees in a hurry. Who can you gimme on short notice and how many can you make available for a down and dirty rapid bankruptcy? It does have to be lightening fast to maintain confidence in the banking system but it is necessary. please have a list ready as soon as possible and one of my people will come to pick it the second you tell me it's ready."

None of them did that and that is the problem.

I can not thank you enough for this post.

I'm with Baruch... Democrats grasping at straws.

Hell yes, I want the economy to pick up, but the Democrats talked us into this problem when they began attacking Bush. They started claiming we were in a recession before we were actually in one and they actually talked us into one. They scared the hell out of the American people and actually fear mongered us into a recession. Then they blamed it on Bush. Then in February, 2009 after Obama took office, they started telling us it was not as bad as they thought it was.

It was easy as pie to scare us into a recession. They are finding out it is not as easy to lie their way out.

Immie
you are absolutely clueless if you thought the recession was spooked into place.

Me thinks it is you that is the clueless one.

The Democrats began talking down the economy early in 2008. Things were not great and, of course, like all economic cycles we were bound to be hit by a downfall, but the Democrats pushed us into this earlier and deeper than we would have suffered.

What was the Democratic campaign? It was all about the "recession" that had not happened yet. The collapse of the housing market was much the result of The Democrats screaming, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling" and it fell!

One of the very first things Obama did after taking office was state that things were not as bad as they had said. That was no surprise to him or the Democrats. They knew that long before they started screaming, "The sky is falling".

Just like Tulips in Amsterdam, the bubble burst and it burst because the Democrats ran their campaign of blaming Bush for something that had not even happened yet.

Tulip mania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Immie

immie, the stage was set well before early 2008. it was already in smithereens on the streets of las vegas in terms of the housing market: overproduction, foreclosures and depreciation. any and all talk about the state of the economy at any time in 2008 was certainly after the damage was done. by 2007, homes were being foreclosed by the dozens around here, an epicenter of the financial crisis. shit hit the fan in 2006!

if you don't like democrats, you're free to just say that; you don't have to make yourself out to be ignorant by claiming that an economic catastrophe like we're experiencing is born from hype.

Americans spent more money on cars, furniture and at hardware stores to boost retail sales to a third monthly increase in September. The string of gains since July followed declines in May and June. Those had raised worries that the country could be in danger of toppling back into recession. Economists caution that while the economy is growing, the expansion is not strong enough to lower face high unemployment and offset weak income growth.

So you dont want the economy to recover?

Have you increased your Lithium Perscription and Daily Electroshock Therapy?

That could help the economy.:cool:

Now that was quite nasty.
why?

Do you ever bother to even read the articles for which you create link posts?

Retail sales did rise in September for a third straight month, the government said Friday. But spending remains too weak to strengthen the economy and lower unemployment. That helps explain why the Fed wants to guard against falling prices.

To put this in crude language that just might penetrate your usual fugue state of intellectual engagement: THE ECONOMY STILL SUCKS.

Last edited:
That's an age old trick: after piling up tons-o-debt, deflating the currency in order to repay said debt with much cheaper currency.

I doubt the Chinese will play along.

immie, the stage was set well before early 2008. it was already in smithereens on the streets of las vegas in terms of the housing market: overproduction, foreclosures and depreciation. any and all talk about the state of the economy at any time in 2008 was certainly after the damage was done. by 2007, homes were being foreclosed by the dozens around here, an epicenter of the financial crisis. shit hit the fan in 2006!

if you don't like democrats, you're free to just say that; you don't have to make yourself out to be ignorant by claiming that an economic catastrophe like we're experiencing is born from hype.

I agree the stage was set and I even said so. I did not say it was born by hype. What I said was that the Democrats made things worse when they began their campaign against the Republicans. They didn't just say that we were in a recession, basically, they started screaming that all hell had broken loose and the collapse of the U.S. Economy was just days away.

That was what brought the current situation into play. We could have dealt with the recession. We have done it before, it was the doom and gloom that the Democrats portrayed that put us into the tailspin.

I honestly believe that if they had not "doomed and gloomed" us, this recession would have been mild. I do not believe that the financial market would have collapsed nor would the U.S. auto industry have been damn near wiped out. A few banks would have been taken over by other banks. The auto industry would have survived. I don't think unemployment would be as catastrophic as it is today... meaning I would still have a job. ;) :lol:

You are more than welcomed to attempt to prove me wrong, but I don't think you can do that.

I truly believe that the 2008 campaign is what has lead to the troubles that we are facing today and that the doom and gloom presented by the DNC is a major reason that we are in this economic position we are in today.

Was it bound to happen? Yes. But not to the extent that it has hit us.

Was it deliberate on the part of the Democrats? No, I don't think so. I think they thought they could control the effects, but they could not.

And I don't hate the Democrats anymore than I hate the Republicans. Politics played a key role in the "Bush Recession".

Immie

Last edited:
That's an age old trick: after piling up tons-o-debt, deflating the currency in order to repay said debt with much cheaper currency.

I doubt the Chinese will play along.

the trick is they'll have to pay along if they want to keep that peg on the dollar. i say bring on the easing.

The Recession ended over a year ago. What we are suffering from now is the Worst Recovery Ever, courtesy of the failed Statist Policies of Obamanomics.

this couldnt be a worse recovery than reagan's quadruple dip, could it? it took them so long back then we would have to wait until 2014 to make a fair comparison.

Actually, it took until the 1970s for the economy to bounce back from where it was in the 20s, before the last great Keynesian flop under FDR.

in the 70s the economy bounced backwards, alright. where do you source this misinformation from? how do you spew it so consistently?

Actually, it took until the 1970s for the economy to bounce back from where it was in the 20s, before the last great Keynesian flop under FDR.

in the 70s the economy bounced backwards, alright. where do you source this misinformation from? how do you spew it so consistently?
I don't know what metric is being used but the most common figure I have seen is that the stock market rose back up to 1929 levels in 1956. Percentage of homeowning households reached 1926 levels in the 1970s but most other indices hit 1920s peaks 1-2 decades earlier. But if the levels of homeownership then are the metric then it should also be added that the Fed identified those levels of ownership as a bubble that was creating stagflation. That was covered in an earlier thread that I started. Could my OP be the source?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back