Thing of orgasm inducing beauty

As for why 1963 was the only year of the Stingray with the split window?

(which everybody loved)

Seems there was a feud between the designer and the accountants at GM over the split window.

The split between the windows resembled the spine of a stingray and maintained the theme of the cars name. Stingray.

But it costs a lot more at the factory to install 2 windows instead of a single window. So the "bean counters" won out, and the next years model, 1964 featured the single pane rear window. ..... :cool:

"Seems there was a feud between the designer and the accountants at GM over the split window."

Another reason to hate accountants, who cares it was more expensive the split window is BEYOND FANTASTIC and that what is matters.

I must have one of these gorgeous autos either split window or not split window, I have two teams of peoples in two American States that I'm paying to get me one, Texas and also Rhode Island and it can be delivered by aircraft or I do not care how but it will be delivered to me, also if not black that is okay and if not 100% pristine this is okay as I have friends here who do auto restoring and have performed some excellent happenings on many elderly autos, they can make this auto pristine and also can spray it black.

I have a friend in Milan and they restored for her a 1963 Buick Riviera Nailhead or is it a 1965 Buick Riviera GS, I forget but it is one of them.

The Corvette world is very fickle to say the least. Just the price difference in a numbers matching car, chassis and engine number the same, can be as much as $25,000. Do not buy a 1963 or 1964. Two reasons, they didn't change to full disk brakes until 1965, and at the cross member where the trailing arm attaches some of the frames had a brace attached where dirt would accumulate causing sever rust in the frame. You wouldn't find it unless you know it's a potential problem.

Then you really need to consider the engines. Over there you have no need for a big block car. 396 in the 1965 or the 427 in the 1966 and 1967. Plus at best it will get about 12 miles to the gallon. Another engine option was the fuel injected models. Although they are highly sought after by collectors they are a real pain in the ass. Can't get parts and hard to keep tuned right. They are not electronically injected.

They are my favorite car of all. If I went out after one today I would get a 1965 rag top. You obviously like the fast back and that's ok as it actually is a stiffer more stable car. Best model verses the price you will have to pay is the 1965. Then there are several engine models in each year. The one I would get to drive over there is the 327, 300 horsepower one. The others are the 350 and 365 horsepower 327's.

If you want me to give you an honest opinion on any that you are considering I would be more than happy to. Considering you're going to have to pay a lot of coins to get it over there one or two mistakes or deception from a broker could cost you thousands of dollars.

Here is a fair representation of a nice 1965 for sale.

Numbers matching, well taken care of.

Could probably get this for about $65,000.
s-l1600.jpg

I would offer a submission, but I don’t share selfie and shirtless pictures of myself on the internet. :(

(which everybody loved)

Seems there was a feud between the designer and the accountants at GM over the split window.

The split between the windows resembled the spine of a stingray and maintained the theme of the cars name. Stingray.

But it costs a lot more at the factory to install 2 windows instead of a single window. So the "bean counters" won out, and the next years model, 1964 featured the single pane rear window. ..... :cool:

"Seems there was a feud between the designer and the accountants at GM over the split window."

Another reason to hate accountants, who cares it was more expensive the split window is BEYOND FANTASTIC and that what is matters.

I must have one of these gorgeous autos either split window or not split window, I have two teams of peoples in two American States that I'm paying to get me one, Texas and also Rhode Island and it can be delivered by aircraft or I do not care how but it will be delivered to me, also if not black that is okay and if not 100% pristine this is okay as I have friends here who do auto restoring and have performed some excellent happenings on many elderly autos, they can make this auto pristine and also can spray it black.

I have a friend in Milan and they restored for her a 1963 Buick Riviera Nailhead or is it a 1965 Buick Riviera GS, I forget but it is one of them.

The Corvette world is very fickle to say the least. Just the price difference in a numbers matching car, chassis and engine number the same, can be as much as $25,000. Do not buy a 1963 or 1964. Two reasons, they didn't change to full disk brakes until 1965, and at the cross member where the trailing arm attaches some of the frames had a brace attached where dirt would accumulate causing sever rust in the frame. You wouldn't find it unless you know it's a potential problem.

Then you really need to consider the engines. Over there you have no need for a big block car. 396 in the 1965 or the 427 in the 1966 and 1967. Plus at best it will get about 12 miles to the gallon. Another engine option was the fuel injected models. Although they are highly sought after by collectors they are a real pain in the ass. Can't get parts and hard to keep tuned right. They are not electronically injected.

They are my favorite car of all. If I went out after one today I would get a 1965 rag top. You obviously like the fast back and that's ok as it actually is a stiffer more stable car. Best model verses the price you will have to pay is the 1965. Then there are several engine models in each year. The one I would get to drive over there is the 327, 300 horsepower one. The others are the 350 and 365 horsepower 327's.

If you want me to give you an honest opinion on any that you are considering I would be more than happy to. Considering you're going to have to pay a lot of coins to get it over there one or two mistakes or deception from a broker could cost you thousands of dollars.

Thank you Ricky, I know nothing technical about autos you obviously do I just go on that auto is FUCKING GORGEOUS and the first time I see one of those it was literally LUST at FIRST sight. I mean I would be happy to have this auto just so I can keep it and look at it and nothing else lol.

"If you want me to give you an honest opinion on any that you are considering I would be more than happy to. Considering you're going to have to pay a lot of coins to get it over there one or two mistakes or deception from a broker could cost you thousands of dollars."

Thank you again I will appoint you my Chief Advisor then and will let you know when I get any information from either of my two teams about the situation.

(which everybody loved)

s-l1600.jpg

^^^^ It looks not that different than the 1964 auto.

(which everybody loved)

Thank you Ricky, I know nothing technical about autos you obviously do I just go on that auto is FUCKING GORGEOUS and the first time I see one of those it was literally LUST at FIRST sight. I mean I would be happy to have this auto just so I can keep it and look at it and nothing else lol.

"If you want me to give you an honest opinion on any that you are considering I would be more than happy to. Considering you're going to have to pay a lot of coins to get it over there one or two mistakes or deception from a broker could cost you thousands of dollars."

Thank you again I will appoint you my Chief Advisor then and will let you know when I get any information from either of my two teams about the situation.

Another thing you want to avoid with old corvettes is what's called knock off wheels for over there. They may even be illegal. Here they add a lot of value to the collector but they can be dangerous if you don't get the wheel on right.

When you look at the center of the wheel it shows three prongs in the center. These wheels don't have lug nuts and studs. They have one big thread in the center and you beat them up tight with a hammer. So if you don't get them tight the wheel flies off and if you have a flat you have to knock them off with the hammer. Not too practical for you out cruising if you have a flat.

(which everybody loved)

s-l1600.jpg

There's only slight body changes over the course of the mid year vettes.

If you look right behind the front wheel, the 65 has 3 shark gills. The 67 has 5. On the 64 it is a longer recess into the body and goes longitudinal. The gill style looks much better.

(which everybody loved)

s-l1600.jpg

One more thing. I'm 6'2" tall. In the mid year vette when I sit in it with my arm rested on the top of the door, window down, it is angled up. You sit real deep in the car. If you're a 5'7" woman, the only thing anyone will see above the door is your head. lol. And the dash will look way too high to anything you're used to driving. They are the original low rider. Your ass is literally about one foot off the ground.

(which everybody loved)

s-l1600.jpg

One more thing. I'm 6'2" tall. In the mid year vette when I sit in it with my arm rested on the top of the door, window down, it is angled up. You sit real deep in the car. If you're a 5'7" woman, the only thing anyone will see above the door is your head. lol. And the dash will look way too high to anything you're used to driving. They are the original low rider. Your ass is literally about one foot off the ground.

I am 5' 10" so things will be okay yes?

I think the most fantastic auto America has ever designed and produced from an aesthetic point is:

The 1963/1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) it is very sexy and perfect and it looks GREAT from ALL angles, it is BEYOND beautiful and 100% GORGEOUS and pretty much orgasm inducing, the below is the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2):

chevrolet-corvette-c-5.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-c-2_600x0w.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-1.jpg

291022_3eb66b166e_low_res.JPG

57c2468d0b52eab1a15acc5e4fafa917.jpg

c3b6ffc4cb2c562e8fff8e2c8d92be03.jpg

092515_8.jpg

The model the year before the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) they had rear split window looking very FANTASTIC not sure why they only produced the rear split window only in 1963 and then never another time, I'll have to Google and see if I can find why, the below is the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) with the rear split window, again GORGEOUS and pretty much orgasm inducing:

1963-Corvette-Stingray-Canepa-0.jpg

1963-chevrolet-corvette-sting-ray-rear.jpg

fa08e563cd2117e80a6f12b613538db0.jpg

1963-chevy-corvette-split-window-coupe-powerglide-power-windows-power-steering-1.jpg

1963_Chevrolet_Corvette_Coupe_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

Yeah, she's pretty, but doesn't hold a candle to my baby....

ford-gt40-mk-i-chassis-1003_100389703_l.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
P2180%20%28Custom%29.jpg
spfgt40mk1fd_07_opt.jpg
1966_Ford_GT40_Mk1_0104_BH-1024x683.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I am 5' 10" so things will be okay yes?

Yes, I just wanted you to know what to expect. As you look out over the steering wheel it will seem really strange to you. You won't see the front of the car and you won't see the road close to the front of the car. The hood slants off fast but from where you sit and how deep you sit in the car you'll be looking further down the road than you are used to. Actually you'll like it better after you get used to it and if you've taken tactical driving courses it's a better way to drive. The further down the road you concentrate the better you will drive.

Forum List

Back