Thin porkchops

What do I do with them? Any ideas?

They were on sale but they are super thin and bone in. I am not super excited with breading and frying. I also do not want to do anything involving a can of any kind of soup.

Marinade for 24 hours then throw on the grill.
Marinade in what?

Gochujang, sake, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, ponzu, dark soy sauce, salt & pepper, garlic powder.

Try it once then tell me it didn’t change your life. Keep the bone on until you take it off the grill.

They were on sale but they are super thin and bone in. I am not super excited with breading and frying. I also do not want to do anything involving a can of any kind of soup.

Marinade for 24 hours then throw on the grill.
Marinade in what?

Gochujang, sake, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, ponzu, dark soy sauce, salt & pepper, garlic powder.

Try it once then tell me it didn’t change your life. Keep the bone on until you take it off the grill.
But the bone is half the joy! Nibbling off the little tender bits stuck to the bone and sucking all the nice brown caramelized grease off 'til its naked and then you're done.

Stuff Them

6d1ab1fd-7ff8-4b41-9bce-e23f1825988c.jpg
Those ARE good, but you forgot the gravy.

Gravy is for crappy cooks to cover up their mistakes or inability to turn food into a masterpiece. Sauces on the other hand can add something worthwhile.
Gravy is just another sauce

-------------------------------- no HOME EC in school eh ?? just brown them and then simmer in water , salt , pepper , chopped onion , maybe green pepper till they are fork tender or falling apart .

i like them with eggs in the morning

poor pig , he gives his chops , people complain and don't even know how to cook his body parts .

Stack 'em up, tie them together and roast with a nice crust of coarse black pepper. Use a disposable pan or, if you use a good one, coat it liberally with a cooking spray, put some parchment paper in the bottom and maybe tie a sheet of perforated parchment paper over the top to keep from having to scrape your oven free of the spatter.

Porkchops, thin = dip in buttermilk, shake in a bag full of thingrind bread crumbs, set in freezer for 15 minutes, broil 12 minutes each side on a tin foil base, then serve on brown rice with pearl onions and snap peas.

Stuff Them

6d1ab1fd-7ff8-4b41-9bce-e23f1825988c.jpg
Those ARE good, but you forgot the gravy.

Gravy is for crappy cooks to cover up their mistakes or inability to turn food into a masterpiece. Sauces on the other hand can add something worthwhile.
Country cooks' gravy is beautiful sauce by another name.

I knew how to make a roux and create *sauce* of many colors before I was 11 ;)
Milk gravy, chicken gravy, cheese gravy, brown gravy (homemade), sausage gravy. I can also make mushroom sauces and alfredo easier than flipping a pancake.

Whatever you do with the chops (stuffing is the best idea) cut up the leftovers and use them in stir fried rice the next day. My favorite thing for leftover pork.

-------------------------------- no HOME EC in school eh ?? just brown them and then simmer in water , salt , pepper , chopped onion , maybe green pepper till they are fork tender or falling apart .

“Water”???!??

Forum List

Back