Thieving Bastards

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
This morning as I'm making my coffee, I look out the window and notice that my car is gone.
Some bastard stole my car last night. Fuckers.
What a damn hassle, called the police, called the insurance company.

So, I go outside to see if my truck will start (I haven't driven it for a couple months). Dead battery. I've got jumper cables behind the seat, so I'll get one of my neighbors to give a jump start. I grab the cables,

HOLY SHIT! THAT HURT.

Wasps, everywhere. Seems the wasps made a home in my truck, and they weren't to happy about me disturbing them. I got stung 3 times in the hand before I escaped into the safety of the house.

What a crappy way to start the day.

Not that it matters but what kind of car? I hope they catch them and hope they rot in prison..

This morning as I'm making my coffee, I look out the window and notice that my car is gone.

So, I go outside to see if my truck will start (I haven't driven it for a couple months). Dead battery. I've got jumper cables behind the seat, so I'll get one of my neighbors to give a jump start. I grab the cables,

HOLY SHIT! THAT HURT.

Wasps, everywhere. Seems the wasps made a home in my truck, and they weren't to happy about me disturbing them. I got stung 3 times in the hand before I escaped into the safety of the house.

Oh . . . . shit. So sorry for your misfortune, MM.

...that will give away my only shirt to someone in need of it...but if you steal as much as a penny from me, I will haunt you forever.

Sorry about your loss of a car. Was it a clunker or a keeper? Did it have any sentimental value? Was there anything embarrassing hidden in it? Did you have adequate coverage? Could your friends have hidden it as a joke?

they will probably find it up on blocks somewhere with nothing in it.
That really sucks for you, sounds like Karma owes you one and I hope they catch the guys who did it.

...that will give away my only shirt to someone in need of it...but if you steal as much as a penny from me, I will haunt you forever.

Sorry about your loss of a car. Was it a clunker or a keeper? Did it have any sentimental value? Was there anything embarrassing hidden in it? Did you have adequate coverage? Could your friends have hidden it as a joke?

It's 10 years old, but in pretty good shape. I don't get sentimental about my cars. I do have adequate coverage. Nothing embarrassing in it, but I did have all my camping gear in it. I don't have friends that would play a joke like that.

HOLY SHIT! THAT HURT.

Oh, what a terrible feeling.

I live in the Peoples' Republic, where the urban equivalent of crickets, i.e. auto alarms is oft heard.

I've had the experience twice.

One was a car whose value depended on the amount of gas I had in it, and the other was a beautiful new VW.

Guess which one the police got back.

you didn't forget it somewhere? I had someone drive me home the other night because I was too drunk to drive and I forgot about this in the morning when my car wasn't there.

you better hope it wasn't the Russian's. Around here if the Russian's steal your car, it is taken apart within hours. A good sign it was is if you have a line of spray paint near where your car was. They mark the car and then someone else comes along and grabs it.

It's 10 years old, but in pretty good shape. I don't get sentimental about my cars. I do have adequate coverage. Nothing embarrassing in it, but I did have all my camping gear in it. I don't have friends that would play a joke like that.

The camping stuff will be covered by your homeowner's policy if higher than coverage on auto contents.

Been a bad day for guys on the board! :eek:

What a crappy way to start out the week. Maybe the best thing to do would have been to call off from work, go back to bed, and try it all over again in a couple of hours. Won't do anything to get your car back but you'll be well-rested so you can go car shopping when you get back up. Sorry your day has been so bad. Here's a bit of "cheer you up Rep."

What a crappy way to start out the week. Maybe the best thing to do would have been to call off from work, go back to bed, and try it all over again in a couple of hours. Won't do anything to get your car back but you'll be well-rested so you can go car shopping when you get back up. Sorry your day has been so bad. Here's a bit of "cheer you up Rep."

I sort of blew off work. Been working from home.
By the time I got the wasps chased off, all my neighbors had gone to work.
I just now finally got the thing jump started.

Ouch...that really hurts :(

Forum List

Back