Thieves Stealing Keyless Cars

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Womans-Hands-pressing-button-to-open-microwave-oven-door.jpg

I’ll explain the Micro in a second. I’ve often wondered about cars where all you have is a button to push to get them started. I never had the faintest idea that it all comes from the key fob that comes with the car.

BMW-i3-Car-Key.jpg

These thefts rely on a trick called a relay attack which is shockingly simple to carry out.

The crooks just need to get their hands on a relay amplifier and a relay transmitter. They then use these to essentially boost the signal from your key, tricking your car into thinking the key fob is next to the vehicle, allowing the thieves to get in and make off with your motor.

These thefts are often carried out from outside your home too, as it’s a pretty safe bet that your keys will be inside the house. The crooks simply lurk around outside, trying to get a hit on the signal from your key.

So, the purpose of the Micro is to block the signal. Actually, putting it in anything metal will work.

Much more about this @ More and more people keeping car keys in the microwave - for important reason

Womans-Hands-pressing-button-to-open-microwave-oven-door.jpg

I’ll explain the Micro in a second. I’ve often wondered about cars where all you have is a button to push to get them started. I never had the faintest idea that it all comes from the key fob that comes with the car.

BMW-i3-Car-Key.jpg

These thefts rely on a trick called a relay attack which is shockingly simple to carry out.

The crooks just need to get their hands on a relay amplifier and a relay transmitter. They then use these to essentially boost the signal from your key, tricking your car into thinking the key fob is next to the vehicle, allowing the thieves to get in and make off with your motor.

These thefts are often carried out from outside your home too, as it’s a pretty safe bet that your keys will be inside the house. The crooks simply lurk around outside, trying to get a hit on the signal from your key.

So, the purpose of the Micro is to block the signal. Actually, putting it in anything metal will work.

Much more about this @ More and more people keeping car keys in the microwave - for important reason
Jesus, The thieves are becoming more and more Genius in there crime, I see this ad on CNN Ring video doorbell when you're not at home you can see who's hanging around at your home, we do not have that here

Forum List

Back