Thief sues victim

Modbert is not an idiot, he just needs to grow up. I mean only a child gets mad about being complimented, and so Bert has proven to be a child and I will treat him as such from now on. Meaning I don't get mad when children say something dumb.

Just saying: Don't you recall when that thread blew up in your face and all but one or two people disagreed with you? Perhaps you should learn to take a hint when the majority of the board disagrees with you time and time again. :eusa_whistle:

never trust the majority.:lol:

Modbert is not an idiot, he just needs to grow up. I mean only a child gets mad about being complimented, and so Bert has proven to be a child and I will treat him as such from now on. Meaning I don't get mad when children say something dumb.

Just saying: Don't you recall when that thread blew up in your face and all but one or two people disagreed with you? Perhaps you should learn to take a hint when the majority of the board disagrees with you time and time again. :eusa_whistle:

The thread blew up in my face? Post a link to where ANYONE said that I wasn't complimenting you or saying that you weren't whining about an insult.

Don't worry Bert, I have milk and cookies for all the children.

The thread blew up in my face? Post a link to where ANYONE said that I wasn't complimenting you or saying that you weren't whining about an insult.

If I read that as directed towards myself, I would consider it condescending.

Very much so. You behave as if you are talking to a 10 year old.

But I think the points you make are valid, and if he is going off on the attitude rather than the points raised, then he shows he has the maturity level that you assumed in your post.

i got to where you called him a "smart kid" yea that is condescending.

when i speak to adults....i dont refer to their age, so why did you?

and i assure you....i probably say far more condescending things to modbert about his age but I do not do it when I am seriously addressing him. i think he has proven himself as a poster and a mod.

if you want to be pissy to him...do it over something HE CAN CONTROL he cant control his age.

so yea you were condescending but you tend to be a swinging poster....sometimes i read your posts and think damn that is so insightful...sometimes.....i think...damn what an asshole...

Your shipment of fail has arrived. With that, I will be departing from this thread. Have fun!

While I was in college my football coach got me a job working for a former player who owned a liquor store. One night one of my friends who was living in the apartments behind the store said he caught some guy going out the back window of his apartment with his TV.

He pulled the guy back in...beat the crap out of him and threw him over the second-story banister outside his apartment. He broke his leg when he landed and laid there till the cops showed up.

A couple of months later after he spent some time in jail he tried to sue my bud and have him arrested for assault and battery.

So I've seen this kind of thing before.

If I read that as directed towards myself, I would consider it condescending.

Very much so. You behave as if you are talking to a 10 year old.

But I think the points you make are valid, and if he is going off on the attitude rather than the points raised, then he shows he has the maturity level that you assumed in your post.

and i assure you....i probably say far more condescending things to modbert about his age but I do not do it when I am seriously addressing him. i think he has proven himself as a poster and a mod.

if you want to be pissy to him...do it over something HE CAN CONTROL he cant control his age.

so yea you were condescending but you tend to be a swinging poster....sometimes i read your posts and think damn that is so insightful...sometimes.....i think...damn what an asshole...

Your shipment of fail has arrived. With that, I will be departing from this thread. Have fun!

And those all appear to be people who were commenting on my delivery of said compliment, which I asked them to comment on by the way, not the compliment itself. As I said in THAT thread, I have no doubt that if someone you agreed with politically had said the exact same thing, you wouldn't have batted an eye.

You are an immature young adult Bert, I have no idea why a fact would upset you so. Just as I don't understand why it is insulting to you that someone would tell you that you need experience. Except that you just WANT to feel insulted. That would be YOUR problem, not MINE.

DO you prefer chocolate chip or oatmeal???

And those all appear to be people who were commenting on my delivery of said compliment, which I asked them to comment on by the way, not the compliment itself. As I said in THAT thread, I have no doubt that if someone you agreed with politically had said the exact same thing, you wouldn't have batted an eye.

You are an immature young adult Bert, I have no idea why a fact would upset you so. Just as I don't understand why it is insulting to you that someone would tell you that you need experience. Except that you just WANT to feel insulted. That would be YOUR problem, not MINE.

DO you prefer chocolate chip or oatmeal???

you can fool almost no one on this board, and keeping in mind the mental giants who dwell here, that is super-pathetic. try to crash another board, maybe you will have SUCKCESS there too

While I was in college my football coach got me a job working for a former player who owned a liquor store. One night one of my friends who was living in the apartments behind the store said he caught some guy going out the back window of his apartment with his TV.

He pulled the guy back in...beat the crap out of him and threw him over the second-story banister outside his apartment. He broke his leg when he landed and laid there till the cops showed up.

A couple of months later after he spent some time in jail he tried to sue my bud and have him arrested for assault and battery.

So I've seen this kind of thing before.
Beating the crap out of someone, then throwing him over a second-story banister is way different than a burglar tripping over your rug and hitting his head on your coffee table.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – A Florida inmate is suing the man he's convicted of burglarizing, claiming the man and two others roughed him up during a citizen's arrest.

Michael Dupree is serving a 12-year sentence for burglary and cocaine possession stemming from a 2007 break-in of a van in St. Petersburg. Dupree allegedly stole a bicycle locked inside and was apprehended after the owner, Anthony McKoy, saw him with the bike down the street.

Dupree says McKoy and two others pointed a gun at him, handcuffed him and placed a knee painfully in his back. He's seeking $500,000 for disabilities and distress suffered during the takedown.

Inmate sues man he's convicted of burglarizing - Yahoo! News

Unbelievable.

Not necessarily. Suppose a thief steals from a victim. The victim and four of his pals chase the their down, secure the return of the property and then place the thief under citizen's arrest. They they beat the crap out of him, putting him in the hospital for six weeks.

Th thief would have every right to sue - in fact, the victim and his pals could well be prosecuted for assault.

What's your take on it - he's a thief, so he deserves whatever he gets? Read up on authoritarianism. Come to think of it, never mind - you seem to have it down pat.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – A Florida inmate is suing the man he's convicted of burglarizing, claiming the man and two others roughed him up during a citizen's arrest.

Michael Dupree is serving a 12-year sentence for burglary and cocaine possession stemming from a 2007 break-in of a van in St. Petersburg. Dupree allegedly stole a bicycle locked inside and was apprehended after the owner, Anthony McKoy, saw him with the bike down the street.

Dupree says McKoy and two others pointed a gun at him, handcuffed him and placed a knee painfully in his back. He's seeking $500,000 for disabilities and distress suffered during the takedown.

Unbelievable.

Happens all the time. Doesn't mean he'll win.

Unbelievable.

Not necessarily. Suppose a thief steals from a victim. The victim and four of his pals chase the their down, secure the return of the property and then place the thief under citizen's arrest. They they beat the crap out of him, putting him in the hospital for six weeks.

Th thief would have every right to sue - in fact, the victim and his pals could well be prosecuted for assault.

What's your take on it - he's a thief, so he deserves whatever he gets? Read up on authoritarianism. Come to think of it, never mind - you seem to have it down pat.

That is a different situation entirely. Obviously you don't have a right to beat someone up no matter the offense. But that is different than someone breaks in your house and say cuts his arm open on a broken window or perhaps on a Great Dane's tooth , he should not be able to sue then.

Ah ha Justice!

LOL, no justice would have been if he had broken his neck in the fall instead of his legs .

I would have been happy with dead, but paralyzed from the neck down would have been a alright too. :lol:

You are truly insane. You want pedophiles to be raped and now you want burglars to be dead or at least paralyzed.

You're disgusting, and completely lack any of understanding of our COTUS

That is right Hog -because we all know that we are supposed to make escaping safe for those who are spirited enough to give it a try. This is AMERICA after all where we side with lawbreakers and not their victims who were probably asking for it anyway.

I'm not HOPING for anything when someone tries to escape except that they are unsuccessful in their escape attempt and that they do not hurt or kill someone else in their escape attempt. But if they hurt or kill themselves in the process - because let's face facts here,escaping from prison is SUPPOSED to be very, very dangerous and life threatening for the prisoner in order to discourage escape attempts in the first place! -then I'm not going to lose even one second of sleep over it. And if I were on a jury hearing such a case, the only award I would be inclined to give them is an extra decade tacked on to the end of their sentence and then another ten years on top of that for wasting taxpayers' money defending his stupid ass lawsuit.

LOL, no justice would have been if he had broken his neck in the fall instead of his legs .

I would have been happy with dead, but paralyzed from the neck down would have been a alright too. :lol:

You are truly insane. You want pedophiles to be raped and now you want burglars to be dead or at least paralyzed.

That is right Hog -because we all know that we are supposed to make escaping safe for those who are spirited enough to give it a try. This is AMERICA after all where we side with lawbreakers and not their victims who were probably asking for it anyway.

I'm not HOPING for anything when someone tries to escape except that they are unsuccessful in their escape attempt and that they do not hurt or kill someone else in their escape attempt. But if they hurt or kill themselves in the process - because let's face facts here,escaping from prison is SUPPOSED to be very, very dangerous and life threatening for the prisoner in order to discourage escape attempts in the first place! -then I'm not going to lose even one second of sleep over it. And if I were on a jury hearing such a case, the only award I would be inclined to give them is an extra decade tacked on to the end of their sentence and then another ten years on top of that for wasting taxpayers' money defending his stupid ass lawsuit.

Who was talking about escape attempts?

Ah ha Justice!

Try reading the quotes.

What is handed out as punishments is different then what the public may feel is "justice" If a thief breaks his neck in an attempted robbery then he gets what he gets in the process. If that is dead from the broken neck that's their problem boohoo. If they end up paralyzed for life, that's their problem, boohoo.

It the case i am talking he laid there for three days before anyone found him.

And what does the COTUS have anything to do with this? Is it now a constitutional right to break the law and rob people and their homes? Or is it now a constitutional right to sue your victims if your crime doesn't work out?

Unbelievable.
Do you ever post any threads about white criminals?

Try reading the quotes.

What is handed out as punishments is different then what the public may feel is "justice" If a thief breaks his neck in an attempted robbery then he gets what he gets in the process. If that is dead from the broken neck that's their problem boohoo. If they end up paralyzed for life, that's their problem, boohoo.

And what does the COTUS have anything to do with this? Is it now a constitutional right to break the law and rob people and their homes? Or is it now a constitutional right to sue your victims if your crime doesn't work out?

The COTUS has to do with your general attitude, not just this specific thread. You have posted that pedophiles should be raped in prison for their crimes. That is a direct violation of the no cruel and unusual punishment portion of said document. You have also posted that you are ok with people dying for burglary. Again, a violation of their civil rights. Even criminals have civil rights.

Try reading the quotes.

The COTUS has to do with your general attitude, not just this specific thread. You have posted that pedophiles should be raped in prison for their crimes. That is a direct violation of the no cruel and unusual punishment portion of said document. You have also posted that you are ok with people dying for burglary. Again, a violation of their civil rights. Even criminals have civil rights.

what part of :

"What is handed out as punishments is different then what the public may feel is "justice"

Don't you seem to understand?

And that's right I don't have a problem with pedophiles being raped in jail...or if burglars die during robberies. I don't give a shit about criminals civil rights if they are trying to steal violate mine.

Forum List

Back