Thief sues victim

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – A Florida inmate is suing the man he's convicted of burglarizing, claiming the man and two others roughed him up during a citizen's arrest.

Michael Dupree is serving a 12-year sentence for burglary and cocaine possession stemming from a 2007 break-in of a van in St. Petersburg. Dupree allegedly stole a bicycle locked inside and was apprehended after the owner, Anthony McKoy, saw him with the bike down the street.

Dupree says McKoy and two others pointed a gun at him, handcuffed him and placed a knee painfully in his back. He's seeking $500,000 for disabilities and distress suffered during the takedown.

Inmate sues man he's convicted of burglarizing - Yahoo! News

Unbelievable.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – A Florida inmate is suing the man he's convicted of burglarizing, claiming the man and two others roughed him up during a citizen's arrest.

Michael Dupree is serving a 12-year sentence for burglary and cocaine possession stemming from a 2007 break-in of a van in St. Petersburg. Dupree allegedly stole a bicycle locked inside and was apprehended after the owner, Anthony McKoy, saw him with the bike down the street.

Dupree says McKoy and two others pointed a gun at him, handcuffed him and placed a knee painfully in his back. He's seeking $500,000 for disabilities and distress suffered during the takedown.

Inmate sues man he's convicted of burglarizing - Yahoo! News

Unbelievable.

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
Shakespeard, Henry VI

These inmates have time on their hands and access to a law library. They have nothing to lose from harassing people on the outside with frivolous lawsuits. It's another travesty of our system that caters to the malcontents and jack offs.

You guys are right. The article said he filed the suit on his own without a lawyer. I'd be interested to see how it turns out though. I heard another story last week about a guy who toppled a teenager who was playing "ding dong ditch" and then got charged with assaulting a minor. The guy honestly thought someone was trying to break in and didn't know the kids' age until later.

It happens all the time.

One of our neighbors homes was burglarized and the perp fell off the high beam ceiling and broke both of his legs. He sued.

Did he win?

He made the mistake of trying to sue lawyers. :lol:

However it was an annoyance, time and money wasted on someone who should not have the right to sue.

If a perpetrator gets hurt while committing a crime all their rights should be forfeit and they should NOT have the ability to sue anyone for anything for any reason.

Last edited:
Ah ha Justice!

LOL, no justice would have been if he had broken his neck in the fall instead of his legs .

I would have been happy with dead, but paralyzed from the neck down would have been a alright too. :lol:

An Inmate successfully sued a State Corrections facility because while he was trying to escape he hurt himself.

Judges should throw these suits out.

modbert is an idiot. He may grow out of it, but i doubt it.

$IronyMeterSplode.jpg

Ah ha Justice!

LOL, no justice would have been if he had broken his neck in the fall instead of his legs .

I would have been happy with dead, but paralyzed from the neck down would have been a alright too. :lol:

You are truly insane. You want pedophiles to be raped and now you want burglars to be dead or at least paralyzed.

You're disgusting, and completely lack any of understanding of our COTUS

She was quoting Shakespeare. And that's a pretty ironic statement coming from you.

Modbert is an idiot. He may grow out of it, but I doubt it.

Modbert is not an idiot, he just needs to grow up. I mean only a child gets mad about being complimented, and so Bert has proven to be a child and I will treat him as such from now on. Meaning I don't get mad when children say something dumb.

Modbert is not an idiot, he just needs to grow up. I mean only a child gets mad about being complimented, and so Bert has proven to be a child and I will treat him as such from now on. Meaning I don't get mad when children say something dumb.

Just saying: Don't you recall when that thread blew up in your face and all but one or two people disagreed with you? Perhaps you should learn to take a hint when the majority of the board disagrees with you time and time again. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back