They've Gotta Be Kidding

I am loathe to pay the $9.00 matinee fee at theaters for the crap Hollywood puts out these days.

They think a $25.00 - $50.00 fee to watch on TV is attractive?

What idiots stalk the Earth.

Big Studios Consider Home Viewing of Movies 2 Weeks After They Hit Theaters
People pay extra (don't know how much) to see a couple of guys beat the crap out of each other. I suspect this will be successful too. I was never a boxing fan, but I AM too cheap to even buy DVDs until the price goes down at least $5.00.

I am loathe to pay the $9.00 matinee fee at theaters for the crap Hollywood puts out these days.

There is a great deal of pirating of Hollywood movies. Often you can download a movie for free, while it is still showing in theaters. It is supposed to be illegal, but I suspect millions of Americans do it.

This might be an effort by Hollywood to make at least some cash, from those streaming at home.

Like the music industry Hollywood's profits have been seriously eroded by pirating, movie moguls are looking for ways to maintain their lifestyles and continue to make new movies. It wouldn't surprise me if all movies don't start featuring advertising blocks like some streaming video sites already do.

Forum List

Back