they're here....migrants at the border

You know, it sounds as if the real problem is the huge delay in processing all these immigrant status issues through the existing courts that handle it. That allows folks to be here for a long time while their applications for asylum are processed, that allows folks found to be here illegally to continue living here illegally for years until they get a hearing date, etc. Instead of sending national guard to the border to catch the "sneakers," maybe we need to double the $$$ invested in getting the court dockets under control. These judges and attorneys can only do so much. You want these folks efficiently processed and removed? You get what you pay for.
it honestly sounds like the entire system needs an overhaul. 100% agreed, if it has become so cumbersome that it takes years to accomplish then we're defeating the purpose of it, unless that purpose is to discourage people from the legal process - hence the illegal one being so popular.
I wish there were some way to track these folks who are "pending" more efficiently. A lot of these folks slip into the crowd and intentionally take advantage of their wait for a hearing.
I listened to a number of immigration judges on CSPAN one day; they are absolutely swamped. There are already "expedited" procedures to handle these cases but it's nowhere near enough. Like I said, instead of National Guard, what Trump should do is send another hundred judges and several hundred more immigration attorneys to clear it up.
It would be so tempting to just put these folks on a bus and send them south without any ado, but we are a country of laws and we insist on proof that they are not here legally and have no right to asylum.
Billy K. doesn't want anyone to have a right to asylum. He probably wants anyone caught here without papers to be incarcerated until their hearing and immediately sent home, without seeing the light of day. But as a country we have no stomach for building prisons for 11,000,000 people. Costs too much.
Once again, we get what we pay for.

You know, it sounds as if the real problem is the huge delay in processing all these immigrant status issues through the existing courts that handle it. That allows folks to be here for a long time while their applications for asylum are processed, that allows folks found to be here illegally to continue living here illegally for years until they get a hearing date, etc. Instead of sending national guard to the border to catch the "sneakers," maybe we need to double the $$$ invested in getting the court dockets under control. These judges and attorneys can only do so much. You want these folks efficiently processed and removed? You get what you pay for.
it honestly sounds like the entire system needs an overhaul. 100% agreed, if it has become so cumbersome that it takes years to accomplish then we're defeating the purpose of it, unless that purpose is to discourage people from the legal process - hence the illegal one being so popular.
I wish there were some way to track these folks who are "pending" more efficiently. A lot of these folks slip into the crowd and intentionally take advantage of their wait for a hearing.
I listened to a number of immigration judges on CSPAN one day; they are absolutely swamped. There are already "expedited" procedures to handle these cases but it's nowhere near enough. Like I said, instead of National Guard, what Trump should do is send another hundred judges and several hundred more immigration attorneys to clear it up.
It would be so tempting to just put these folks on a bus and send them south without any ado, but we are a country of laws and we insist on proof that they are not here legally and have no right to asylum.
Billy K. doesn't want anyone to have a right to asylum. He probably wants anyone caught here without papers to be incarcerated until their hearing and immediately sent home, without seeing the light of day. But as a country we have no stomach for building prisons for 11,000,000 people. Costs too much.
Once again, we get what we pay for.
if the law is on the books then we honor it. if you don't like it you work to change the law. and i 100% agree, the backlog is horrible and we're seeing the impact that has on crime and other issues we just blindly attribute to "them" coming over here. if i had to wait a year for a reply i'd forget and move on so in that manner, those waiting are not doing anything any of us wouldn't do in the same situation, likely.

at least what you are suggesting would help bring this to an end, not just prolong it or move the problem over some.

Why won't Mexico show its humanity and let them seek asylum in Mexico? They after all entered there first.

Oh that's right.
Mexico doesn't allow just anyone in. Just lectures America while turning a blind eye themselves.

The failure of the nations in Central and South America is not our responsibility.

The Central American Caravan That Angered Trump Has Reached The US Border

follow the legal process in place and we'll see what we can do. anything else, fly their happy ass back to GO and let start over.
Your link:

"That statement (Jeff Session) was countered by Amnesty International Tuesday morning, which pointed out that 'seeking asylum is not a crime in the USA or anywhere.'

"'The efforts of US officials to tarnish asylum seekers as criminals are cynical fabrications that ring hollow,' the statement said, attributing the comment to Erika Guevara Rosas, the group's Americas director.

"Officials of Pueblos Sin Fronteras, the volunteer group that organized the caravan, have said throughout the journey that migrants have the right to ask the US for asylum and that the United States must grant them the opportunity to do so.

"Tristan Call, an organizer with Pueblos Sin Fronteras, said the US is trying to punish people who have a right to ask for asylum."

The asylum seekers are fleeing violence in their home countries that has a strong connection to US foreign policy; they are political refugees who have a legal right to be here.
clintons_honduras_0.jpg

The Hillary Clinton Emails and the Honduras Coup
then go through the legal process like i said. any efforts of doing it illegally send 'em back.
That appears to be exactly what these migrants are doing:

Learn About the Asylum Application Process

"Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:

• Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular social group
  • Political opinion
"If you are eligible for asylum you may be permitted to remain in the United States. To apply for Asylum, file a Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal, within one year of your arrival to the United States. There is no fee to apply for asylum."
So what discrimination is an illiterate, Catholic, Mestizo Honduran going to claim in country of nothing but illiterate, Catholic Mestizos?
Literacy rates in Honduras are close to 90%, unfortunately, the richest 1% of Hondurans are just as corrupt as their US cousins.
Honduras-Inequality-2013-11-fig3.png

World Report 2017: Rights Trends in Honduras

"Rampant crime and impunity for human rights abuses remain the norm in Honduras. Despite a downward trend in recent years, the murder rate is among the highest in the world.

"Journalists, peasant activists, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals are among those most vulnerable to violence.

"Berta Cáceres, a prominent environmental and indigenous-rights activist, was killed in March 2016; police had failed to investigate threats on her life.

"Efforts to reform the institutions responsible for providing public security have made little progress. Marred by corruption and abuse, the judiciary and police remain largely ineffective."

Many of the migrants who've just arrived at the US border with Mexico are political refugees fleeing violence instigated by US elites. Legally, they are all deserving of a day in court BEFORE being turned away.

Why won't Mexico show its humanity and let them seek asylum in Mexico? They after all entered there first.

Oh that's right.
Mexico doesn't allow just anyone in. Just lectures America while turning a blind eye themselves.

The failure of the nations in Central and South America is not our responsibility.

petro

Wrong.

Why is this lie about Mexico told over and over and always by ignernt RWNJs.

The reason there are only 130 women and children in this caravan is the rest stayed in Mexico.

Last edited:
You know, it sounds as if the real problem is the huge delay in processing all these immigrant status issues through the existing courts that handle it. That allows folks to be here for a long time while their applications for asylum are processed, that allows folks found to be here illegally to continue living here illegally for years until they get a hearing date, etc. Instead of sending national guard to the border to catch the "sneakers," maybe we need to double the $$$ invested in getting the court dockets under control. These judges and attorneys can only do so much. You want these folks efficiently processed and removed?

No, I don't. I want them barred from entry to start with.
And I'd like a million dollars, but what you WANT is not reality.

Reality is what you make it in spite of the opposition.

We are not a flophouse for the world's indigent.

follow the legal process in place and we'll see what we can do. anything else, fly their happy ass back to GO and let start over.
Your link:

"That statement (Jeff Session) was countered by Amnesty International Tuesday morning, which pointed out that 'seeking asylum is not a crime in the USA or anywhere.'

"'The efforts of US officials to tarnish asylum seekers as criminals are cynical fabrications that ring hollow,' the statement said, attributing the comment to Erika Guevara Rosas, the group's Americas director.

"Officials of Pueblos Sin Fronteras, the volunteer group that organized the caravan, have said throughout the journey that migrants have the right to ask the US for asylum and that the United States must grant them the opportunity to do so.

"Tristan Call, an organizer with Pueblos Sin Fronteras, said the US is trying to punish people who have a right to ask for asylum."

The asylum seekers are fleeing violence in their home countries that has a strong connection to US foreign policy; they are political refugees who have a legal right to be here.
clintons_honduras_0.jpg

Too funny. None but citizens have a RIGHT to be here.
How about those holding Green Cards?
Greencard-Image.jpg

Do they have a RIGHT

They are guests. Residency can expire or be revoked.
Permanent residency comes with legal rights.

Benefits of holding a U.S. Green Card | US Immigration News
  • "Legal rights. With permanent residence in the US, you can get many social benefits, including research grants, taxation benefits, insurance coverage, social security benefits, state sponsorship in education, research, retirement benefits, and health benefits. With a US green card, you can also own firearms, a house, cars, and other property in the US and even secure financing for these purchases."

Your link:

clintons_honduras_0.jpg

Too funny. None but citizens have a RIGHT to be here.
How about those holding Green Cards?
Greencard-Image.jpg

Do they have a RIGHT

They are guests. Residency can expire or be revoked.
Permanent residency comes with legal rights.

Benefits of holding a U.S. Green Card | US Immigration News
  • "Legal rights. With permanent residence in the US, you can get many social benefits, including research grants, taxation benefits, insurance coverage, social security benefits, state sponsorship in education, research, retirement benefits, and health benefits. With a US green card, you can also own firearms, a house, cars, and other property in the US and even secure financing for these purchases."

Yes, it does. It can also be revoked.

Oh look, there's a gun law I would change. Who'da thought?

You know, it sounds as if the real problem is the huge delay in processing all these immigrant status issues through the existing courts that handle it. That allows folks to be here for a long time while their applications for asylum are processed, that allows folks found to be here illegally to continue living here illegally for years until they get a hearing date, etc. Instead of sending national guard to the border to catch the "sneakers," maybe we need to double the $$$ invested in getting the court dockets under control. These judges and attorneys can only do so much. You want these folks efficiently processed and removed?

but we are a nation of laws and if they are following our laws, abide by it. if you don't like the laws, work to change them for future reference.

If you want applicants for political asylum denied entry to the US, you need to change the current immigration law regarding such matters.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylumhttps://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum

"Asylum
Asylum status is a form of protection available to people who:

• Meet the definition of refugee
  • Are already in the United States
  • Are seeking admission at a port of entry
"You may apply for asylum in the United States regardless of your country of origin or your current immigration status. For more information about asylum status, see the “Asylum” section.

but we are a nation of laws and if they are following our laws, abide by it. if you don't like the laws, work to change them for future reference.

That's the plan.

Forum List

Back