They're Grasping At Straws

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The church reminds me of the Republican party who is still in denial about losing the election in November.

Jim Liebelt - Conservative Commentary, Blog Articles

"Seeking to highlight a phenomenon that has become so common that it's often overlooked by clergy, a new analysis of data about children of divorce reveals that kids raised in happy, intact marriages are twice as likely to worship later in life than children whose parents divorce amicably.

Researchers say they hope the unprecedented project will awaken pastors to a common oversight contributing to the decline in mainline Christian denominations and religious affiliation in general."

Last edited:
I guess the lord changed his address....

Why Heaven is straight up....don't you remember? All the church steeples point directly into the sky. The one thing they didn't understand was that every twelve hours up becomes down and down becomes up. The old flat earth concept doesn't work for much these days.

Ever notice how they all face East. (Churches).

Oh...and a Christian funeral buries the body facing east......that way they will be able to spot Jesus when the trumpet sounds and he comes floating in on a cloud. Then they can come ripping up out of that dirt and join him.

Matthew 24:27: “For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be"

1 Thessalonians

4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first"

4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Last edited:
Oh...and a Christian funeral buries the body facing east......that way they will be able to spot Jesus when the trumpet sounds and he comes floating in on a cloud. Then they can come ripping up out of that dirt and join him.
Never heard that.

I do know Muslims are buried facing Mecca, maybe for the same reasons.

Ahhhhh do we HAVE to visit Grampa Campppbell again? He talks to himself a lot, more than Uncle Deany and he smells funny too.

Sorry bout that,

1. The *Church* will bury you Cammmpbell.
2. And aim your face towards the East, just like everyone else.
3. And you will have to wait and see if you awake at the last trumpet.
4. I kinda doubt you will.
5. You asked God to forget about you, I think you might get your wish dude.
6. There is time to change your mind, you always talking about God, and the Church, always makes me wonder???
7. If it wasn't really important to you, you wouldn't always be talking about God and the Church eh???
8. And yes *CWN* is in your head,...knock, knock, knock,.....:badgrin: thats me,.....!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. The *Church* will bury you Cammmpbell.
2. And aim your face towards the East, just like everyone else.
3. And you will have to wait and see if you awake at the last trumpet.
4. I kinda doubt you will.
5. You asked God to forget about you, I think you might get your wish dude.
6. There is time to change your mind, you always talking about God, and the Church, always makes me wonder???
7. If it wasn't really important to you, you wouldn't always be talking about God and the Church eh???
8. And yes *CWN* is in your head,...knock, knock, knock,.....:badgrin: thats me,.....!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

My entire family already knows of my final wishes....especially my youngest daughter and my wife. In case my wife goes first or we both go at the same time my daughter is the executrix of our last will and other considerations. It's already in writing and declares that I wish to be cremated and that because I don't believe in ghosts, holy or otherwise there is to be no memorial. I took care of that kind of detail at least 15 years ago.

As far as my continuing to hammer away at religion in general and Christianity in particular it took me nearly forty years to put my childhood brainwashing behind me and if somewhere just one young person reads my experiences and feelings about it and sheds the religious crutch which was handed to them by others when they were an infant or small child my efforts will have served their purpose. I've posted it no less than two dozen times.....these two gentlemen have put my feelings into writing much better than I might have ever done. Put me on their team:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~ excerpt from a letter to president John Adams

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature." ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

Last edited:

Forum List

Back