They're done..

I agree, but that was not the point that I was trying to make. All I was saying was that the people don't want extremism on either side.

Immie

Then the people aren't paying attention. Because the only solutions to the problems now facing the Republic are what they would call extreme (Our Founders on the other hand would have called them common sense)

I'm not so sure what you are saying here. For one thing, those extreme solutions may be the only ones being offered by an extreme government. They are not the only solutions. This is why I think the people were dissatisfied with the government we had going into the last election. I don't think much has changed after the election either.

For what? exercising your first amendment right? Really?

Even leftists are scared of the Obama crackdown on our liberty.

Ironic no?

That was a joke.

I was nervous about the Bush administration's "crack down on liberty" and got shot down by conservatives time and time again.

Well now Obama's got those powers...

How do you feel now?

Then you did not know me back then, because as a conservative, I was opposed to the Patriot Act from day one. I can't even begin to count how many times I wrote, "It may be fine while Bush is in office, but someday Hillary Clinton will have the reigns and then what are we going to do?"

I am as opposed to those infringements upon our liberties today as I was back then.

Immie

I agree, but that was not the point that I was trying to make. All I was saying was that the people don't want extremism on either side.

Immie

Then the people aren't paying attention. Because the only solutions to the problems now facing the Republic are what they would call extreme (Our Founders on the other hand would have called them common sense)

I'm not so sure what you are saying here. For one thing, those extreme solutions may be the only ones being offered by an extreme government. They are not the only solutions. This is why I think the people were dissatisfied with the government we had going into the last election. I don't think much has changed after the election either.

Ironic no?

That was a joke.

I was nervous about the Bush administration's "crack down on liberty" and got shot down by conservatives time and time again.

How do you feel now?

Then you did not know me back then, because as a conservative, I was opposed to the Patriot Act from day one. I can't even begin to count how many times I wrote, "It may be fine while Bush is in office, but someday Hillary Clinton will have the reigns and then what are we going to do?"

I am as opposed to those infringements upon our liberties today as I was back then.

Immie

As a good lot of us are...and that's the point. The people in government forget whom thier employers are, and they are finding out that their ignorence of thier employer doesn't fly any longer.

Ironic no?

That was a joke.

How do you feel now?

Bush didn't have an axe to grind against this Republic...and didn't call everyone a friggin' racist openly that disagreed with him either.

Neither does or did President Obama.

That was a joke.

How do you feel now?

Bush didn't have an axe to grind against this Republic...and didn't call everyone a friggin' racist openly that disagreed with him either.

humm ..let me use a line I hear from the left often when faced with this rhetoric;

"no, he has his surrogates do it..."

my add on would be his surrogates include the msm....

;)

humm ..let me use a line I hear from the left often when faced with this rhetoric;

"no, he has his surrogates do it..."

my add on would be his surrogates include the msm....

;)

Um..okay..that's casting an awfully large net...by gumption.

That was a joke.

How do you feel now?

:eusa_hand::eusa_doh::eusa_liar:

Really?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnnwJ1rgCnM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLI7QjBRKRs[/ame]
When Obama uses the race card do white voters resent that? - Yahoo ...

Obama Uses 'Race Card' To Energize Voters

Intent matters Sallow. Deny all you like...there are copius amounts of stories all over the place.

Please plod on will you?

Last edited:
They're done, the Republicans basically got everything they wanted..with a cherry on top. President Obama won this too, as he was able to give a tax cut to the rich, tax cut to the middle class, in fact all sorts of tax goodies for just about everyone! And he piled on spending just to make sure..everyone is happy. If you look at the news just about everyone is getting their earmarks. Not a dry eye on the field.

But what this does do is blow a sky high hole in the deficit while a war is on-going. This is like giving out candy and telling everyone it's good for them.

And the Republicans basically aren't going to do anything for the next two years. Why should they? What possible gain is there going to be politically? So, Obama has no more golden nuggets to bargain with. On top of that..they are planning on launching multiple investigations.

So this deal is bad for the country, bad for anything getting done and good for everyone to look good politically. The Republicans get a bump for cutting taxes right away. President Obama gets a bump for doing very much the same thing..and compromising with Republicans. Even if President Obama wins 2012..which I think he will..the Republicans will take credit for moving him from being a wild eyed Marxist (which he never was) to being a moderate pragamist (which he always was).

The long and short of it..is it was terrible for Democrats, terrible for the Country and good for President Obama and the Republicans.

Politics does make strange bedfellows!!

There is something going on that we don't know about, because this scenario simply does not compute.

Really?

Intent matters Sallow. Deny all you like...there are copius amounts of stories all over the place.

Please plod on will you?

Ridiculous.

They're done, the Republicans basically got everything they wanted..with a cherry on top. President Obama won this too, as he was able to give a tax cut to the rich, tax cut to the middle class, in fact all sorts of tax goodies for just about everyone! And he piled on spending just to make sure..everyone is happy. If you look at the news just about everyone is getting their earmarks. Not a dry eye on the field.

But what this does do is blow a sky high hole in the deficit while a war is on-going. This is like giving out candy and telling everyone it's good for them.

And the Republicans basically aren't going to do anything for the next two years. Why should they? What possible gain is there going to be politically? So, Obama has no more golden nuggets to bargain with. On top of that..they are planning on launching multiple investigations.

So this deal is bad for the country, bad for anything getting done and good for everyone to look good politically. The Republicans get a bump for cutting taxes right away. President Obama gets a bump for doing very much the same thing..and compromising with Republicans. Even if President Obama wins 2012..which I think he will..the Republicans will take credit for moving him from being a wild eyed Marxist (which he never was) to being a moderate pragamist (which he always was).

The long and short of it..is it was terrible for Democrats, terrible for the Country and good for President Obama and the Republicans.

Politics does make strange bedfellows!!

There is something going on that we don't know about, because this scenario simply does not compute.

No there's not.

It's BAU Business as usual.

Everybody got something.

Nope, there is something going on behind the scenes, I feel it in my bones. This is ANYthing but business as usual.

But the People want Bipartisanship. So,here's Bipartisanship. Kind of calls the Bipartisanship Cheerleaders' bluff no? Where are they? Not hearing much from them. Are there only Partisans on this Board? Looks like it.
This is the Pelosi/Reid congress's last thumb in the eye. Look at who's voting for it. Many many many of them are done, out of office, kaput finito.

Bi-partisanship is expensive unless both parties are agreed to the government not doing something.

The libs are getting their gift bags of pork and going home paying off many many political debts. And I say libs for BOTH parties.

Last edited:

Really?

Please plod on will you?

Ridiculous.

really? I'd be interested in hearing your alternative dialogue for his....

But the People want Bipartisanship. So,here's Bipartisanship. Kind of calls the Bipartisanship Cheerleaders' bluff no? Where are they? Not hearing much from them. Are there only Partisans on this Board? Looks like it.
This is the Pelosi/Reid congress's last thumb in the eye. Look at who's voting for it. Many many many of them are done, out of office, kaput finito.

Bi-partisanship is expensive unless both parties are agreed to the government not doing something.

The libs are getting their gift bags of pork and going home paying off many many political debts. And I say libs for BOTH parties.

frankly, they threw the dice when for one, they elected Pelosi as their minority leader. tis but a step from the sublime, to the ridiculous and they have taken it, no, they leaped....

really? I'd be interested in hearing your alternative dialogue for his....

It won't happen. Just like a kid caught with the proverbial hand caught in mommy's purse to get illicit cigarette money.

~Ridiculous.

Forum List

Back