They're done..

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
They're done, the Republicans basically got everything they wanted..with a cherry on top. President Obama won this too, as he was able to give a tax cut to the rich, tax cut to the middle class, in fact all sorts of tax goodies for just about everyone! And he piled on spending just to make sure..everyone is happy. If you look at the news just about everyone is getting their earmarks. Not a dry eye on the field.

But what this does do is blow a sky high hole in the deficit while a war is on-going. This is like giving out candy and telling everyone it's good for them.

And the Republicans basically aren't going to do anything for the next two years. Why should they? What possible gain is there going to be politically? So, Obama has no more golden nuggets to bargain with. On top of that..they are planning on launching multiple investigations.

So this deal is bad for the country, bad for anything getting done and good for everyone to look good politically. The Republicans get a bump for cutting taxes right away. President Obama gets a bump for doing very much the same thing..and compromising with Republicans. Even if President Obama wins 2012..which I think he will..the Republicans will take credit for moving him from being a wild eyed Marxist (which he never was) to being a moderate pragamist (which he always was).

The long and short of it..is it was terrible for Democrats, terrible for the Country and good for President Obama and the Republicans.

Politics does make strange bedfellows!!

But the People want Bipartisanship. So,here's Bipartisanship. Kind of calls the Bipartisanship Cheerleaders' bluff no? Where are they? Not hearing much from them. Are there only Partisans on this Board? Looks like it.

I love what the media's doing with this too. They're saying most Americans support this except those on the very far left and very far right. So now anyone who opposed this is a de-facto lunatic!

:lol::lol:

I'm not so sure I believe it is good for the Republicans. It depends on how apathetic the American voter is in the next elections - after all, while fighting to maintain the current tax code is appreciated, the fact that it came wrapped in a massive, 2000 page spending bill is certainly NOT appreciated...and NOT what most voters in the most recent election wanted their representatives to do.

I imagine there will be a lot of new senators and representatives in January and afterwards saying, "I had NOTHING to do with that bill...I wasn't even in Washington when it was passed!"

Truthfully, I think the only person who came out of this a bit better off than before is President Obama. He may have pissed off some people on his base but what are they gonna do...vote Republican next time? Come on. And come election time he gets to point to that bill as an example of how moderate he is and how much he is willing to work with the right and compromise even when its tough.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist or a cynic...but I'm having trouble understanding why some on the right are so happy about this bill and so sure it spells doom for Obama...I just don't see it playing out that way.

The Media constantly tells us that the People want Bipartisanship. I'm not sure i believe them. How many on this Board are cheerleading for this Bipartisan Tax Deal? Haven't seen any so far. Makes you wonder huh?

I'm not so sure I believe it is good for the Republicans. It depends on how apathetic the American voter is in the next elections - after all, while fighting to maintain the current tax code is appreciated, the fact that it came wrapped in a massive, 2000 page spending bill is certainly NOT appreciated...and NOT what most voters in the most recent election wanted their representatives to do.

I imagine there will be a lot of new senators and representatives in January and afterwards saying, "I had NOTHING to do with that bill...I wasn't even in Washington when it was passed!"

Truthfully, I think the only person who came out of this a bit better off than before is President Obama. He may have pissed off some people on his base but what are they gonna do...vote Republican next time? Come on. And come election time he gets to point to that bill as an example of how moderate he is and how much he is willing to work with the right and compromise even when its tough.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist or a cynic...but I'm having trouble understanding why some on the right are so happy about this bill and so sure it spells doom for Obama...I just don't see it playing out that way.

Agreed on all points but the first. This was very good for Republicans. They always want to be known on the side of tax cuts, no new taxes and fiscal conservatism. Whether or not that is true is beside the point. This was good theater to those not paying attention.

Im still not sure this was the best plan. Republicans got nothing out of this. Obama got everything.

Now when the economy gets worse, he will blame Republicans saying it's because he had to compromise here that it's getting worse. It's bullcrap.

And of course the Democrats are already poised to turn around and borrow and spend even more no matter what they say about the deficit.

And the worst thing about this: devaluing the dollar even more.

Inflation next year is sooo going to suck.

The Media constantly tells us that the People want Bipartisanship. I'm not sure i believe them. How many on this Board are cheerleading for this Bipartisan Tax Deal? Haven't seen any so far. Makes you wonder huh?

Well honestly I doubt people pay all that much attention to it. They hear tax cut and go yay. They hear unemployment benefits extended and go yay. Most really don't know how that stuff gets paid for..

Really.

Well honestly I doubt people pay all that much attention to it. They hear tax cut and go yay. They hear unemployment benefits extended and go yay. Most really don't know how that stuff gets paid for..

Really.

Or it could be only aggressive Partisans post on Political Message Boards. Just a thought anyway. We are constantly told by the Media that the People want Bipartisanship. So here it is. What's all the complaining about? Hmm? :confused:

They're done, the Republicans basically got everything they wanted..with a cherry on top. President Obama won this too, as he was able to give a tax cut to the rich, tax cut to the middle class, in fact all sorts of tax goodies for just about everyone! And he piled on spending just to make sure..everyone is happy. If you look at the news just about everyone is getting their earmarks. Not a dry eye on the field.

But what this does do is blow a sky high hole in the deficit while a war is on-going. This is like giving out candy and telling everyone it's good for them.

And the Republicans basically aren't going to do anything for the next two years. Why should they? What possible gain is there going to be politically? So, Obama has no more golden nuggets to bargain with. On top of that..they are planning on launching multiple investigations.

So this deal is bad for the country, bad for anything getting done and good for everyone to look good politically. The Republicans get a bump for cutting taxes right away. President Obama gets a bump for doing very much the same thing..and compromising with Republicans. Even if President Obama wins 2012..which I think he will..the Republicans will take credit for moving him from being a wild eyed Marxist (which he never was) to being a moderate pragamist (which he always was).

The long and short of it..is it was terrible for Democrats, terrible for the Country and good for President Obama and the Republicans.

What tax cuts did obama give? he gave nothing. What he did was keep the current tax scale as it is. He keep the bush tax cuts as is something he and democrats siad would be the death of this country, now trumpet like it was the best thing in the world for America.

It has to pass the House first guys.

And while the payroll tax holiday is technically a cut, I'm not entirely impressed with it.

It has to pass the House first guys.

And while the payroll tax holiday is technically a cut, I'm not entirely impressed with it.

Not many that I've talked to or heard speak about it are.

And Obama is NOT a great 'Taxcutter' as he is now proclaiming...he was cornered by the Mid-Terms and his partys' negligence in passing a budget that they sat upon until the last minute.

And both the Tax Cut 'Compromise' and the Omnibus spending bill are laden with PORK...more garbage. BOTH need to fail...

Government needs to shut down.

What tax cuts did obama give? he gave nothing. What he did was keep the current tax scale as it is. He keep the bush tax cuts as is something he and democrats siad would be the death of this country, now trumpet like it was the best thing in the world for America.

There is a tax cut in the withholding.

Shows that all the whining about the deficit was total Bull Shit

Getting elected is about rewarding your political backers....always has been, always will be

forget this tax shcmax.

the omni bus budget bill is the deal now and frankly it always has been.....no way. IF reps go along, I am done with them......

forget this tax shcmax.

the omni bus budget bill is the deal now and frankly it always has been.....no way. IF reps go along, I am done with them......

Problem is that most of the Republicans I've heard going along with it are the ones that either have been voted out and dont care or are the ones who always go for it. Stinkin RINOs

forget this tax shcmax.

Problem is that most of the Republicans I've heard going along with it are the ones that either have been voted out and dont care or are the ones who always go for it. Stinkin RINOs

Same thing I have read. They don't care about what the ramifications are...just whatever politically suits them.

Forum List

Back