They're back, damn it...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Well, here in northwestern Illinois the farmers have been picking corn and soy beans like crazy because the crops were ready early this year, the weather has been nice, and it's time to get busy with the harvest. The really BAD thing is because the weather is so nice and the crops are being harvested (especially the soy beans) those damn pesky Box Elder bugs are back by the thousands. Anybody that lives in the area knows what I'm talking about. These damned bugs are all on the sunny side of your house, out buildings, and other areas that afford them a warm spot in the sun. They get inside your house and just piss you off to no end. Sometimes living in the middle of a corn field is a good thing. Other times it's a pain in the butt...:evil:

The asian beetles (look like ladybugs kinda) have started up too. They have pinchy feet and stink when they get messed with.

Well, here in northwestern Illinois the farmers have been picking corn and soy beans like crazy because the crops were ready early this year, the weather has been nice, and it's time to get busy with the harvest. The really BAD thing is because the weather is so nice and the crops are being harvested (especially the soy beans) those damn pesky Box Elder bugs are back by the thousands. Anybody that lives in the area knows what I'm talking about. These damned bugs are all on the sunny side of your house, out buildings, and other areas that afford them a warm spot in the sun. They get inside your house and just piss you off to no end. Sometimes living in the middle of a corn field is a good thing. Other times it's a pain in the butt...:evil:

I hate them. Luckily they are not in my neighborhood, but they swarmed basically on the South side of school building.

Oh I hear that. I'm just north of you by a little ways in south western Wisco, and I've had them on the south side of my shop by the hundreds. I went down to the store and bought every freakin' can of hornet killer spray, which kills them, they had on their shelves. I went through those in about two weeks and had to go back for more. I freakin' spray the shit out of 'em. Those and the hornets. I'm not going to put up with this shit every year. I'm going to find a way to combat these damn things.

Any ideas other than dropping tons of money on spray cans of hornet killer?

Come to Cleveland. No bugs!

Some of our "chronically unemployed" can be a tad pesky though.

cats-and-beer-09.jpg

O, and the fish can kill ya.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLFe8xfgx24"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLFe8xfgx24[/ame]

We lived in the country for 15 years and both those bugs were hell this time of year. I'd put tape around the inside of windows and they'd still get in. Even had to vacuum the ceiling and walls too.
That's life in crop country.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyvR-lQwNzM[/ame]

The asian beetles (look like ladybugs kinda) have started up too. They have pinchy feet and stink when they get messed with.

Jep. We got them too. They are more of a pain in the ass then liberal Democrats.

Oh I hear that. I'm just north of you by a little ways in south western Wisco, and I've had them on the south side of my shop by the hundreds. I went down to the store and bought every freakin' can of hornet killer spray, which kills them, they had on their shelves. I went through those in about two weeks and had to go back for more. I freakin' spray the shit out of 'em. Those and the hornets. I'm not going to put up with this shit every year. I'm going to find a way to combat these damn things.

Any ideas other than dropping tons of money on spray cans of hornet killer?

A yard-sized nuclear weapon might do the trick. Let me know.:lol:

those bugs plague us here in Tn. also. Zillions

Last edited:

Forum List

Back