They're Alive!

I don't know who is at fault for the explosion in the first place,but I kind of see the reasoning behind waiting to tell the families. I think 3 hours was too long. At the same time, from what I saw at the press conference, the head honchos were a bit confused themsleves-at least for a little bit. They also said they think the miscommunication happened because of rescue workers trying to talk with oxygen masks on their faces,which of course made them sound mumbled.

As hard as it is for me to say,I don't completely blame the media either. They were gettting their info from the families. The families were being told what was going on before anyone else,and on top of that,a mayor or someone came out and made a statement. The way I see it tho,even if they would have held off saying it was confirmed,they would have had to explain the families jumping and singing in the background to what they thought was good news. People watching would have seen that and assumed there was good news,no matter what the reporter was saying. I am usually no supporter of the media,but I cut them a little slack on this one.

Forum List

Back