They're Alive!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by no1tovote4, Jan 3, 2006.

1. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    12 of the miners were found alive tonight! Terry Helms (or Holmes, can't quite hear it in the live reports) was the only casualty of the 13 miners trapped in WV. He was the fire boss of the crew trapped in the mine.

When he was found dead, most of the hope was lost for those of their family on the surface.

:thewave:

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    just saw. Thank God. Prayers go out to terry's family and to all the families of the other miners. Semi happy ending.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
  4. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    HUGE snafu on someone's part. They still haven't figured out who put out the word that they were all alive but one. The families are obviously pissed and already threatening with law suits. To wait all that time and go from elation to shock and sorrow has got the be one of the most horrible feelings on the world.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I have to agree. I stayed up late, waiting for news on my dad and for the news conference. I fell asleep with the 'good news' and awoke to find the numbers were reversed. Luckily my dad came home from the hospital, around 4 am.

I feel so bad for those families. It doesn't seem like anyone deliberately set this up, but the company is going to have to explain why them seemed to have gotten the corrected report, but waited for so long to deliver the news. My guess, it's hard news to tell.

6. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I woke up around three this morning to hear on the radio that they all died but one. What a terrible thing to happen during such a tragedy! I can't fathom what those families have gone through.

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    awww man. That freakin sucks. I can see where the miscommunication could happen though. Families were so overjoyed when they heard the news that "they found the miners." They didnt really listen to whether or not they were alive. Tragic all around.

Gonna be even more tragic when they get lawyers involved.

8. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    How devestating. I sat up and watched late until the news came that they were alive. I watched for a while feeling so happy for those people. I woke up at about quarter of four to a news conference that they were wrong and 12 of the 13 were dead. I couldn't believe it. It brought tears to my eyes. I sat up and watched for a half an hour and went back to sleep depressed. God bless those miners and their families. It sounds like the survivor may have a long recovery, but has a good chance.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    What an amazing story of survival. Thank God for that One survivor. Misinformation didn't kill the others...let's not lose focus on what's REALLY important.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Very true. The media has been more focused on someone's head then that one survivor IMO.