They Would Do Better To Remove The Students

Black kids don't want to look at pictures of George's slaves at work? Native kids don't want to see a wall size mural celebrating broken treaties and showing a frontiersman standing over a dead Indian.

Nice.

Maybe that isn't the kind of stuff kids celebrate any more.

Because, George Washington was once a slave owner? What about Thomas Jefferson? They have a school named after him. You may as well just rename any schools that has the former President's name on them. Sheesh...

:aug08_031:

Because, George Washington was once a slave owner? What about Thomas Jefferson? They have a school named after him. You may as well just rename any schools that has the former President's name on them. Sheesh...

:aug08_031:
It's not about the name. It is about big honking celebratory murals of their ancestors being enslaved or murdered that seems to upset them. Huh. Who woulda thunk?

It's not about the name. It is about big honking celebratory murals of their ancestors being enslaved or murdered that seems to upset them. Huh. Who woulda thunk?

Well, that makes sense...
I will mention that the murals are not that dramatic, overall. But the message is still real clear. Take a peak at the video in the article in the OP.

I will mention that the murals are not that dramatic, overall. But the message is still real clear. Take a peak at the video in the article in the OP.

I was only mentioning my previous comment, because they want to remove the Robert E. Lee statue. Yes, I know this is entirely different. But still...

Black kids don't want to look at pictures of George's slaves at work? Native kids don't want to see a wall size mural celebrating broken treaties and showing a frontiersman standing over a dead Indian.

Nice.

Such a good communist . . .

Nice.

Tough.

There can't be that many. Remove them from the traumatizing situation. Send them to a safe space with soft walls.

George Washington High School Considers Removing George Washington Murals Because Students Are Traumatized - Big League Politics
It's their school. What's your issue?
The issue is that the school is missing a prime opportunity to make this a teaching moment on how to tolerate views of people you disagree with and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The mural should remain as a means to teach the students about our founding generation, how they were flawed in some things but remained an extraordinary group with a vision that brought about our exceptional nation.

Last edited:

Nice.

So, all that talk about multiculturalism and diversity, that was all a lie?

When everything traumatized you...then we have no words for the truly traumatizing events in life.

I'm getting really sick of the hyperbole

Forum List

Back