They would be alive today if they followed this advice: Walter Scott, Mike Brown, Eric Garner,

So in one thread we got rightwingers trying to defend Tim McVeigh, and in this thread we got rightwingers trying to defend the summary execution of unarmed black men.

Whoa. What's next!
You lying about what rightwingers are doing.

OOps, that's not next - it already happened.

Not dead

Maybe he had a good excuse?

And the same happens to people of all races every day without someone dying. Plenty of white people are killed by police as well. The fact that you posted 2 YouTube videos of white people being put down but not killed is evidence of nothing at all. The real evidence does not even exist because the sheple have not demanded that police report every single killing they make and the details around it. That is one of the areas that this movement against brutality nee4ds to start with - get the hard facts so that the problem is out there and cannot be refuted.

Sorry, dude. I googled "man resists arrest and lives " and those came up. I'm not making this a race thing. I'm telling the OP that his theory is not accurate. Many people.....of all races.....resist and do not get shot dead. The OP is bullshit.

Get it?

What the author is stating is a blind sycophancy to the idea of Authoritarianism. A trait that gives me the urge to regurge.

That's fine. Just realize that makes you far more likely to end up on the bad end of things dealing with a cop.

Indeed cops are, in the moment, omnipotent.
What's your point?

Most cops I know are good, but there are some dicks out there.

I was turning right on a green arrow and a car made a u-turn and cut me off. I flashed my lights at them. Turned out to be a cop in an unmarked car. He pulled me over and said I failed to stop at the intersection. I said I know, I had a green light. I don't have to stop. He started ranting about being in control of the car and idiotic nonsense. I said, I had a green light, I was turning right, you cut me off, I just flashed my lights to let you know.

He finally shut up and I drove on. He was clearly in the wrong. I had a green arrow, he was making a u-turn, I clearly had the right of way. I think at one point that occurred to him, but he wasn't man enough to admit it. But at that point he know citing me would go bad for him. So he finally let it go.

I didn't threaten him, wow, I was clever. Some people, not so much

As they say in New Jersey, you insulted him when you flashed your lights at him.. But the attitude is pervasive to all states, everywhere. The cop culture has changed in the last 20 years, for the worse. Policeman's unions are the most powerful unions in the country, and it shows.

Not dead

And the same happens to people of all races every day without someone dying. Plenty of white people are killed by police as well. The fact that you posted 2 YouTube videos of white people being put down but not killed is evidence of nothing at all. The real evidence does not even exist because the sheple have not demanded that police report every single killing they make and the details around it. That is one of the areas that this movement against brutality nee4ds to start with - get the hard facts so that the problem is out there and cannot be refuted.

Sorry, dude. I googled "man resists arrest and lives " and those came up. I'm not making this a race thing. I'm telling the OP that his theory is not accurate. Many people.....of all races.....resist and do not get shot dead. The OP is bullshit.

Get it?

That does not negate the fact that resistance was the determining factor here.

Not dead

Get it?

Of course it does. If resistance necessarily results in death.....then we have some weird definitions of resistance.

The OP is stating the obvious truth. It's funny how liberals won't concede it as true though.

What the author is stating is a blind sycophancy to the idea of Authoritarianism. A trait that gives me the urge to regurge.
Bullshit.

There is a stark difference between capitulating and simple prudence.

Cops are in a position of authority as well as having the means to kill you when you likely do not have the means to protect yourself. Don’t act like an idiot when they pull you over or engage with you. I am not an advocate for the police by any means but at least I understand that you do not fight the current trend of police brutality in the street against the cops – it only allows them to JUSTIFY that brutality.

Some of the recent cases are clear to me that the perpetrator was at fault and some I think it is pretty clear that the cops are not being held to the fire when they wrongfully shoot someone (or handle them roughly) but most of these cases would have gone a lot better for the victims if they did not act like idiots with the cops.

Bullshit backatchya. What may have gone down in some individual cases is irrelevant to the point that the OP is spewing blatant authority-worship. As you yourself alluded to in your next post, that's not a healthy attitude.

Whoa! Killer logic!

These guys should be dead, right?

Maybe because the cop knows it's only a bunch of college kids,not armed street thugs.

Armed? ARMED?? ARMED???

You should get that stutter worked on.
So where exactly is the guy at the beach hiding that pistol,and what are the odds of him having one verses a drug dealer,car thief or any other of those illegal endeavors the black community seems to be so fond of?
You're talking criminals vs college kids. If you dont see the difference I dont know what to tell you.

Whoa! Killer logic!

Maybe because the cop knows it's only a bunch of college kids,not armed street thugs.

Armed? ARMED?? ARMED???

So where exactly is the guy at the beach hiding that pistol,and what are the odds of him having one verses a drug dealer,car thief or any other of those illegal endeavors the black community seems to be so fond of?
You're talking criminals vs college kids. If you dont see the difference I dont know what to tell you.

None of the ******* gunned down by police and referred to in the OP were armed. Fuck off........you made a major mistake and won't cop to it. Typical nutbag.

Not dead

Get it?

Of course it does. If resistance necessarily results in death.....then we have some weird definitions of resistance.

You are the only one that has stated resistance NECESSARILY results in death. Resistance drastically increases the odds that you are going to be shot or killed. That does not mean that it is a given.

The OP is stating the obvious truth. It's funny how liberals won't concede it as true though.

Bullshit.

Cops are in a position of authority as well as having the means to kill you when you likely do not have the means to protect yourself. Don’t act like an idiot when they pull you over or engage with you. I am not an advocate for the police by any means but at least I understand that you do not fight the current trend of police brutality in the street against the cops – it only allows them to JUSTIFY that brutality.

Some of the recent cases are clear to me that the perpetrator was at fault and some I think it is pretty clear that the cops are not being held to the fire when they wrongfully shoot someone (or handle them roughly) but most of these cases would have gone a lot better for the victims if they did not act like idiots with the cops.

Bullshit backatchya. What may have gone down in some individual cases is irrelevant to the point that the OP is spewing blatant authority-worship. As you yourself alluded to in your next post, that's not a healthy attitude.
I dont read that at all from the OP. Methinks you are interjecting things that were not said. The OP made a single point - if they had not resisted the police those cases would not have ended up with a corpse. The 'authority-worship' is being projected by you. Perhaps you can quote what you think means we should capitulate to authority or that it is always correct rather than simply stating that resisting arrest can get you killed.

Bullshit.

I dont read that at all from the OP. Methinks you are interjecting things that were not said. The OP made a single point - if they had not resisted the police those cases would not have ended up with a corpse. The 'authority-worship' is being projected by you. Perhaps you can quote what you think means we should capitulate to authority or that it is always correct rather than simply stating that resisting arrest can get you killed.

Read the quote history right above --- I'm not even addressing the OP. I was addressing Rocko's assessment of the OP.

As for the OP itself it seems obsessed with the concept of "compliance" with Authority. Used the term no fewer than three times. And as I pointed out to him first, compliance can get you killed too.

Bullshit.

Read the quote history right above --- I'm not even addressing the OP. I was addressing Rocko's assessment of the OP.
I had construed the term 'author' to mean that you were referring to the OP and not Rocko.

I dont get that from Rocko's post either tbh but then again I am not really getting anything in that post other than agreement with the OP. I would need more context than a single sentence to construe that as authority-worship.

Bullshit.

I had construed the term 'author' to mean that you were referring to the OP and not Rocko.

That's correct. Writing to Rocko, about the OP.

I dont get that from Rocko's post either tbh but then again I am not really getting anything in that post other than agreement with the OP. I would need more context than a single sentence to construe that as authority-worship.

What I'm inferring from his hangup on the word "comply" -- which absolutely drips with subservience -- is his pollyannish
concept that "just do what the nice policeman says and everything will be all right", which is profoundly naïve. In the real world, if you draw a cop's attention, you're in trouble, no matter what you did or didn't do. And the best thing you can do is extract yourself from that confrontation any way you can.

That, and the OP's apparent obliviousness to the differences in how various classes are treated by police.

Whoa! Killer logic!

Armed? ARMED?? ARMED???

None of the ******* gunned down by police and referred to in the OP were armed. Fuck off........you made a major mistake and won't cop to it. Typical nutbag.

Still ignoring the facts I see.

That's fine. Just realize that makes you far more likely to end up on the bad end of things dealing with a cop.

Indeed cops are, in the moment, omnipotent.
What's your point?

Most cops I know are good, but there are some dicks out there.

I was turning right on a green arrow and a car made a u-turn and cut me off. I flashed my lights at them. Turned out to be a cop in an unmarked car. He pulled me over and said I failed to stop at the intersection. I said I know, I had a green light. I don't have to stop. He started ranting about being in control of the car and idiotic nonsense. I said, I had a green light, I was turning right, you cut me off, I just flashed my lights to let you know.

He finally shut up and I drove on. He was clearly in the wrong. I had a green arrow, he was making a u-turn, I clearly had the right of way. I think at one point that occurred to him, but he wasn't man enough to admit it. But at that point he know citing me would go bad for him. So he finally let it go.

I didn't threaten him, wow, I was clever. Some people, not so much

As they say in New Jersey, you insulted him when you flashed your lights at him.. But the attitude is pervasive to all states, everywhere. The cop culture has changed in the last 20 years, for the worse. Policeman's unions are the most powerful unions in the country, and it shows.

He cut me off. However, as I said, the vast majority of my encounters with police I'm amazed at their discipline and training and their attempt to defuse situations and get people to move on rather than perpetuating problems

Forum List

Back