They want to ruin education!

What you believe is untrue. You are being told lies, that you believe.
I've studied religion. I already knew that time period existed. Either way, prove that historically christian nations are not further ahead than non christian nations.
Europe lived in mud huts when the Arabs had fountains and streetlights in the deserts, and the Chinese had printing presses and fireworks. Science, not religion, did wonders for the white man, but they were late to the game. Learn world history, it doesn't start with Jesus.
I'm saying it worked out in the long run. Why does the past matter? When you invent a time machine so I can go back there I will care more about how Christian nations were once behind. As of now that's not the case. You stop at the part to best make your point instead of the part of the story we are at right now.
Christianity is not what created your world. It tried, and still does try, to hold it back.

Start your history lesson here: History of science - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I already gave you the evidence. You keep trying to twist it and avoid the fact that Christian science has passed others.
There is no such thing as Christian science. They oppose each other in all significant ways. If you knew them, you'd know why.

Maybe you should research when owning a Bible would get your head chopped off? It wasn't that long ago.
Even with that strategy Christians still managed to make more progress than other religions. I only care about production. The means to achieve it don't really matter if they still reached the goal.
I've studied religion. I already knew that time period existed. Either way, prove that historically christian nations are not further ahead than non christian nations.
Europe lived in mud huts when the Arabs had fountains and streetlights in the deserts, and the Chinese had printing presses and fireworks. Science, not religion, did wonders for the white man, but they were late to the game. Learn world history, it doesn't start with Jesus.
And how are the Arabs and Chinese doing now?
The Chinese have the money we need, and the products, and the Arabs have the oil that make both possible. At the moment, you couldn't live without either.

They already ruined our educational system, what else they wanna do?!
We now have worst education in the world(of course no, but latest surveys showed that many kids today are more stupid than average American 50-60 years ago!)

I'm saying it worked out in the long run. Why does the past matter? When you invent a time machine so I can go back there I will care more about how Christian nations were once behind. As of now that's not the case. You stop at the part to best make your point instead of the part of the story we are at right now.
Christianity is not what created your world. It tried, and still does try, to hold it back.

Start your history lesson here: History of science - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I already gave you the evidence. You keep trying to twist it and avoid the fact that Christian science has passed others.
There is no such thing as Christian science. They oppose each other in all significant ways. If you knew them, you'd know why.
I honestly haven't heard of any Christians opposing science. This is a delusional view. I know many engineers and scientists who are Christians. I study nuclear power so therefore am a scientist. I'm a theist. You think I don't want people to study science, Chemistry, technology? You're just a fool thinking because they don't support evolution they don't support proven sciences.

Even with that strategy Christians still managed to make more progress than other religions. I only care about production. The means to achieve it don't really matter if they still reached the goal.
And how are the Arabs and Chinese doing now?
The Chinese have the money we need, and the products, and the Arabs have the oil that make both possible. At the moment, you couldn't live without either.
You're an idiot. You know the United States has so much oil now that they just decide not to drill cause oil prices would drop too far? We have more than enough oil right now.
We win by far on our military being way better than any other countries but that doesn't matter considering in a real war nuclear weapons would probably be used.
We exploit the Chinese for cheap labor and a large consumer market.

They already ruined our educational system, what else they wanna do?!
We now have worst education in the world(of course no, but latest surveys showed that many kids today are more stupid than average American 50-60 years ago!)
Last I checked our government isn't Christian. They just tried to put a family on the street for following Christian principles.

I honestly haven't heard of any Christians opposing science. This is a delusional view. I know many engineers and scientists who are Christians. I study nuclear power so therefore am a scientist. I'm a theist. You think I don't want people to study science, Chemistry, technology? You're just a fool thinking because they don't support evolution they don't support proven sciences.
Wherever you study it's not the real world where conservative Christians believe science kills faith, which like rational thought, it does.

Wherever you study it's not the real world where conservative Christians believe science kills faith, which like rational thought, it does.
You live in a dark troll cave filled with Amish people. That's my only way to rationalize your beliefs about Christians.

Education and smart kids are not anti Christian. That is total stupidity to get rid of AP classes.

Well if we do have a workforce that questions everything that the boss says then the GOP gets nervous they might figure out that the worker is getting screwed. That scares them.

I would disagree. Science and Religion are compatible with each other. They are mutually exclusive epistemologies.

I would disagree. Science and Religion are compatible with each other. They are mutually exclusive epistemologies.

PMH is dumb and things everyone who believes in religion is Amish. The fact is that every major religion today is completely compatible with every useful form of science. You can say maybe not with evolution but even that I don't see why anyone wouldn't consider studying it. Evolution is such a small area of study though and is not a progress oriented science so isn't very useful to the United States as a whole. I don't see how PMH believes religion holds science back so much.

PMH is dumb and things everyone who believes in religion is Amish. The fact is that every major religion today is completely compatible with every useful form of science. You can say maybe not with evolution but even that I don't see why anyone wouldn't consider studying it. Evolution is such a small area of study though and is not a progress oriented science so isn't very useful to the United States as a whole. I don't see how PMH believes religion holds science back so much.

I bet if we could get a couple of beers into Paint, we could get him to admit that there really isn't much of a disagreement.

Some schools have been questioning this for years. They would prefer to handle it differently and believe they can do better on their own. Usually, pressure from enough schools across the country bring about this kind of change. Same deal with Common Core.

"Eliminating AP courses would also allow more time for teaching and would reduce the workload of many courses. As it stands, AP courses have to cover all of the material by the end of April to prepare for exams during the first two weeks of May. Afterwards, AP classes (with a few exceptions) simply end. If we eliminated the AP designation from many of the courses, teachers would have up until the end of May to teach.

Courses would become more relaxed in pace as the material could be spread over a longer period of time, and students would be less stressed as a result.

Of course, eliminating AP courses would not be easy to do at first. Courses would have to be redesigned and the administration would likely have to deal with strong parent criticism.

But if the school has the courage to eliminate AP classes, the benefits will soon become apparent."

http://www.hwchronicle.com/get-rid-of-ap-classes/

"But now, some of the most elite schools in the country are opting out of the AP frenzy, saying they can design better and more rigorous courses on their own that won’t force them to adhere to someone else’s curriculum and timeline and force teachers to teach to the test. And, instead of replicating a college level course in high school, they say they can go one better – partnering with local colleges so their students get the real deal.

"Our major complaint with the AP courses was that it was a race for breadth against depth," explained Robert Vitalo, Head of School at Berkeley Carroll, a Brooklyn prep school that decided to completely do away with AP courses in the 2011-2012 school year. "We think the way of the world, the way to be teaching, the way that kids should be learning is to look at how subjects and questions and ideas are connected and related, and to take the time to make those connections and ask those questions and not to have it be a race to cover a lot of content.""

http://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2012/08/08/is-it-time-to-reconsider-ap-classes/

I bet if we could get a couple of beers into Paint, we could get him to admit that there really isn't much of a disagreement.

Haha. Maybe he would lose his religious hating, straight hating, and white hating shell and actually think logically instead of thinking everyone that falls into those categories is against education, progress, and equality.

Forum List

Back