They want to put dead bodies on cigarette packs...

you really are an idiot....a waste of skin...etc

It's funny how I'm always the idiot with no explanation involved.

I'm just the idiot....

Why am I an idiot?

You have to explain those things if you want to be taken seriously and I seriously doubt you have the intelligence to commit to such a hard ass task.

Do you see the difference between this statement....

May as well put pictures of genitals with STD's on condoms..

....and this one....

Lets put pictures of aborted babies on tampon boxes just to remind chicks that they could possibly have an unwanted pregnancy and thats the result...

....and how they relate to the topic in your thread title? Do you know why the first one is a fair comparison and why the second is just plain retarded?

Hey, I'm not the retarded authoritarian that believes they have the right to force a business into putting pictures of dead bodies on a products packaging.

THAT IS THE PROGRESSIVE LIBERALS you stupid motherfucker..

Now, if we're going to have graphic warning labels why don't we do it for all risky human behavior?

Oh yeah because you're a progressive hence your brain is all fucked up.

It's funny how I'm always the idiot with no explanation involved.

I'm just the idiot....

Why am I an idiot?

You have to explain those things if you want to be taken seriously and I seriously doubt you have the intelligence to commit to such a hard ass task.

....and this one....

Lets put pictures of aborted babies on tampon boxes just to remind chicks that they could possibly have an unwanted pregnancy and thats the result...

....and how they relate to the topic in your thread title? Do you know why the first one is a fair comparison and why the second is just plain retarded?

Hey, I'm not the retarded authoritarian that believes they have the right to force a business into putting pictures of dead bodies on a products packaging.

Now, if we're going to have graphic warning labels why don't we do it for all risky human behavior?

What makes having your period a risky human behavior?

put dead bodies on cigarette packs????damn that would be hard to do!!maybe they are going to put cigarette packs on dead bodies!!:razz::razz:

I believe individuals have the FREEDOM to make choices.

Not to mention there is no evidence to suggest smoking causes cancer.

Excuse the fuck outta me!
My Mother passed away to lung cancer, and she had 6 doctors.....6.......and each and every one of them told me the hilar mass on her right lung was caused by her smoking cigarettes.
Not filthy air, not inhaling other people's smoke, not working in a bad environment....but because she had smoked for 50 years.
Smoking does cause cancer, why do you think it's so fucking important to drill it into children's (and anyone who will listen) heads??
Because smoking kills.

@ Ringel...one doesn't have to smoke, to die from cancer. Look at Christopher Reeves wife, Dana Reeves, she never smoked a day in her life, yet she died from lung cancer, while she was in her 40s. Second hand smoke kills too.

Sorry about your mother dabs but smoking never caused the tumor. That tumor had its roots in genetics not cigarettes.

Even if she didn't smoke she would have met the same fate - maybe 10-20 years later tho.

....and this one....

The female sex drive goes through the roof when they're menstruating.

Libido - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

The female sex drive goes through the roof when they're on their period.

Women buy tampons so they can have sex?

No, but the strong majority have sex on their mind when they're buying the tampons.

Why submit the general public to dead babies when you can hit your intended audience directly?

They would probably hit that audience better if they put pictures of dead babies on this...

k_y_brand_warming_liquid_personal_lubricant_enlarge.jpg

Or pictures of fat people on boxes of pasta.

But food doesn't make people fat.

75% of fat people have slow thyroid glands. They could eat a half of a grilled cheese sandwich a day and still be overweight.

I have the opposite problem - I have a hyper thyroid gland - I can eat anything I want and not gain a pound.

No, but the strong majority have sex on their mind when they're buying the tampons.

Why submit the general public to dead babies when you can hit your intended audience directly?

They would probably hit that audience better if they put pictures of dead babies on this...

k_y_brand_warming_liquid_personal_lubricant_enlarge.jpg

I can agree with that...

"caution: this product may cause you to kill an unborn human 9 months from now."

Last edited:

No, but many probably have sex on their mind when they're buying the tampons.

I don't see how you can make the same assumptions about someone buying tampons as you can someone buying smokes or condoms nor do I think it is at all a fair comparison.

When you are selling someone a pack of sigs there's a reasonable assumption that they are going to smoke them. Same with condoms, there's a reasonable assumption the buyer will be having sex. You can't make the same assumption about tampons. It's silly. You cannot assume that the person purchasing tampons is about to engage in a risky behavior.

Personally, I think a written health warning is more than fine but putting graphic pics on cigarette packs or condoms is over-the-top and I was with you with the condom comparison. Then you did what seems to be your MO and went full retard with the whole dead babies/tampon thing.

Or pictures of fat people on boxes of pasta.

But food doesn't make people fat.

75% of fat people have slow thyroid glands. They could eat a half of a grilled cheese sandwich a day and still be overweight.

I have the opposite problem - I have a hyper thyroid gland - I can eat anything I want and not gain a pound.

Is there such thing as a thyroid transplant?

I don't see how you can make the same assumptions about someone buying tampons as you can someone buying smokes or condoms nor do I think it is at all a fair comparison.

When you are selling someone a pack of sigs there's a reasonable assumption that they are going to smoke them. Same with condoms, there's a reasonable assumption the buyer will be having sex. You can't make the same assumption about tampons. It's silly. You cannot assume that the person purchasing tampons is about to engage in a risky behavior.

Personally, I think a written health warning is more than fine but putting graphic pics on cigarette packs or condoms is over-the-top and I was with you with the condom comparison. Then you did what seems to be your MO and went full retard with the whole dead babies/tampon thing.

It may be odd but it's not "silly."

My original comment was merely spur of the moment and I'm trying to point out WHY I used tampons as an example.

An individual just pointed out that KY would be a better market for advertising the results of irresponsible sex and I agree.

But lets not change my original point here.

Government has no goddamn right forcing businesses to put dead bodies on their products.

The female sex drive goes through the roof when they're menstruating.

Uh, no.

Before ovulation? Yes.

It's obvious you're not a girl.

Who exactly wants to do this? Do you have a link? I have difficulty working up outrage over something "they" want to do when I don't even know who "they" are.

I suppose that's the point..

How can you demonize one product but not the other?

So its OK to post dead bodies on cigarette packages yet sex kills ten times more people than cigarettes a year - as does alcohol yet those two products are exempt from dead bodies on their packaging?

You familiar with the word totalitarian??

Who exactly wants to do this? Do you have a link? I have difficulty working up outrage over something "they" want to do when I don't even know who "they" are.

I suppose that's the point..

How can you demonize one product but not the other?

So its OK to post dead bodies on cigarette packages yet sex kills ten times more people than cigarettes a year - as does alcohol yet those two products are exempt from dead bodies on their packaging?

You familiar with the word totalitarian??

And yet you cannot answer a simple question: Who is the "they" who wants to do this, and can you provide a source?

It may be odd but it's not "silly."

My original comment was merely spur of the moment and I'm trying to point out WHY I used tampons as an example.

An individual just pointed out that KY would be a better market for advertising the results of irresponsible sex and I agree.

But lets not change my original point here.

Government has no goddamn right forcing businesses to put dead bodies on their products.

I don't know whether or not the gov't has the right to do it but I agree that it's over-the-top. I'm not foaming at the mouth over it like you appear to be but if I could vote on it it would be a nay.

Your tampon example remains silly.

I was a heavy smoker for a lot of years and I am now a reformed smoker for going on two decades. As a certified addictions counselor, I went through the American Cancer Society stop smoking training so I would be certified to lead classes. I know a LOT about tobacco and I can assure everyone here that it will damage the body whether cancer develops or not, and tobacco smoke IS a proven carcinogen which may or may not affect the smoker.

Further I don't like to be around tobacco smoke. I don't like the strong smell of it on some people, in their carpeting, draperies, upholstery etc.. I know immediately if the hotel tries to pawn off a smoking room as a non smoking room. I don't like the mess it leaves. And OMG the expense. . . . .

BUT. . . .having said all that. . . .

I HATE the federal government playing mom, dad, nanny, and moral arbiter of the nation.

Require a reasonable warning on products known to contain harmful properties and that will be transported across state lines. I have no problem with that.

But to arbitrarily pick which products will be punished with overkill and which will get a pass is ludicrous. Why not pictures of morbidly obese people on fast food hamburger wrappers or the sugar bag? Or rotted teeth on candy wrappers? Or somebody stroking out from high blood pressure on the Morton's salt box? Etc. etc. etc.

It is bad enough that we have to listen to 20 seconds of all the ways a useful medication can kill us during a 30-second commercial promoting that medication. Why not a simple statement: this medication may not be safe for everybody so be sure to read ALL the warnings on and in the package and it is a good idea to consult your physician before taking this medication?

Why do we need any more regulation than that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back