They shall take up serpents; ....., it shall not hurt them Mark 16:18

sure they do, they believe if you are bitten it is a sign that your faith was not strong....they also pass their hands over propane torches and drink poisons but no one seems to care about that.....

they are normally found in pentecostal churches the church marquee will normally read.....so and so church with signs.....the with signs will be speaking in tongues and following this verse

sure they do, they believe if you are bitten it is a sign that your faith was not strong....they also pass their hands over propane torches and drink poisons but no one seems to care about that.....

they are normally found in pentecostal churches the church marquee will normally read.....so and so church with signs.....the with signs will be speaking in tongues and following this verse

the tongues I grew up with.. the snakes, no. Now you're referring to "holiness churches", yes? started in alabama?

holiness yes, but they are pentacostals.....the holly rollers....i dont like to call them that....
the handling familys are strong in several areas.....ala, tn, nc, wva, ga....it is mainly 3 or 4 families....
we have them here as y ou might have guessed.....say what you will they are strong in their faith...
you can tell a lot of the old men by their knotted hands from being bitten

whatever they can catch or buy....rattlers....moccasins....copperheads....i dont think they handle non poisonous ones..a few states have made having the serpents illegal

perhas cause i am an outsider to this all....handling serpents seems no more crazy to be than believing you are drinking the blood of christ or eating his body.....

perhas cause i am an outsider to this all....handling serpents seems no more crazy to be than believing you are drinking the blood of christ or eating his body.....

the wine and bread are symbols. I don't think anyone believes they're drinking his blood or eating his body. as far as serpents... you're not supposed to test God. at least that's how I see it.

the wine and bread are symbols. I don't think anyone believes they're drinking his blood or eating his body. as far as serpents... you're not supposed to test God. at least that's how I see it.

There quite a difference between testing God and "throwing out the wool". Don't think for a second that the strongest of their faith ends with the handling of serpents. :eusa_shhh:

There quite a difference between testing God and "throwing out the wool". Don't think for a second that the strongest of their faith ends with the handling of serpents. :eusa_shhh:

I'm sure it doesn't. I'd like to see someone handle a serpent and not get bit.

Listen, if this is the case, then it takes an adjustment to certain atmospheres that most are not willing to tolerate. Most, from what I know (which is little) do not handle the snakes in mixed company. Meaning... NOT with outsiders. Before I got married, I knew atmospheres that were comparable and we keep non poisonous snakes in our home for our children... but there are many different worlds. Most have no clue and don't care to.

What could be happened to a political correct liberal after he pick up a serpent with his hand?Right, snake will bit him on his atheistic ass and unlucky liberal will die shortly thereafter. But True Christians suffer nothing because God protect them. The typical liberal explanation of this wonder is that Christians are "hateful", "crazy", "right-wing", "bigots", no one of lefts can explain this Great Wonder without insults or bashing of the True Christians.

What do you mind about; are the True Christians really "dumb" "morons"?

If you think God is going to protect you from snake venom, then yes, you are a dumb moron, no matter what your religion.

What could be happened to a political correct liberal after he pick up a serpent with his hand?Right, snake will bit him on his atheistic ass and unlucky liberal will die shortly thereafter. But True Christians suffer nothing because God protect them. The typical liberal explanation of this wonder is that Christians are "hateful", "crazy", "right-wing", "bigots", no one of lefts can explain this Great Wonder without insults or bashing of the True Christians.

If you think God is going to protect you from snake venom, then yes, you are a dumb moron, no matter what your religion.

:lol:

This means several crazy things... Like that you can define their God and that you know a bigger God. Sometimes it pays us BIG to pay attention to what others are saying when they aren't saying it. I fail at this. Do you?

I just don't doubt. Sometimes I may question, but not for them, rather, for myself. I am always wondering.... what good/bane/bad can I pass on? I admire those who work without seemingly such wonder, but I would NOT want to be them. *he*arts*

if you had a clue you would know they do not like being called 'snake handlers' they prefer 'serpent handlers'

but do go on

they do use rhythms etc but unlike the charmers they do pick the serpents up and pass them around.....at the altar....men go first then women if they are inclined...children are not allowed to handle serpents

They're extremists who put themselves and others in very grave danger of an excruciatingly painful death, just to prove their faith. It's not only incredibly stupid, and a violation of the teachings of the Bible (Deuteronomy 6:16), it's also a hazard to public safety, and animal cruelty. If some dumbass wants to play with a wild animal that's very pissed off, scared out of its mind, and has two organic syringes filled with a fatal dose venom attached to a lightning fast, spring loaded jaw, then by all means, let him earn his Darwin Award. Putting other people, including children, in that environment, however, is reckless. It doesn't matter if the kids don't touch the snakes, the reason why the children aren't allowed to is because a 7 year old girl was killed during a snake handling ritual in Georgia. It's a felony, but baron's video conveniently failed to mention that.

Rattlesnake venom is nothing to play around with. It causes living tissue to swell, rot, and die. A rattlers hemotoxin also prevents clotting so it's prey will bleed out quickly as the flesh and muscle swell so much that it causes the tissue to burst. Even if the victim survives, they will be permanently disabled.

Some species of rattlers in the Mojave desert produce a powerful neurotoxin that causes paralysis of the nervous system, and halts respiratory function. The worse thing about the Mojave Rattlesnake is that a victim the size of a human being would be fully conscious as the venom took its full effect, and the person would suffer immensely as they tried to tell make their unresponsive body take in air, to no effect. A healthy adult male could be in a state of pure hell for up to five minutes if they're a swimmer.

These cults are a hazard to themselves and others, it's animal cruelty, and the really stupid thing about this nonsense is that the entire premise of these cults originate from one out-of-context verse that was cherry-picked from 31,102 other verses. There are countless ways to prove and test ones faith, if one is so inclined, so there is no reason for this endangerment to even exist.

if you had a clue you would know they do not like being called 'snake handlers' they prefer 'serpent handlers'

but do go on

they do use rhythms etc but unlike the charmers they do pick the serpents up and pass them around.....at the altar....men go first then women if they are inclined...children are not allowed to handle serpents

They're extremists who put themselves and others in very grave danger of an excruciatingly painful death, just to prove their faith. It's not only incredibly stupid, and a violation of the teachings of the Bible (Deuteronomy 6:16), it's also a hazard to public safety, and animal cruelty. If some dumbass wants to play with a wild animal that's very pissed off, scared out of its mind, and has two organic syringes filled with a fatal dose venom attached to a lightning fast, spring loaded jaw, then by all means, let him earn his Darwin Award. Putting other people, including children, in that environment, however, is reckless. It doesn't matter if the kids don't touch the snakes, the reason why the children aren't allowed to is because a 7 year old girl was killed during a snake handling ritual in Georgia. It's a felony, but baron's video conveniently failed to mention that.

Rattlesnake venom is nothing to play around with. It causes living tissue to swell, rot, and die. A rattlers hemotoxin also prevents clotting so it's prey will bleed out quickly as the flesh and muscle swell so much that it causes the tissue to burst. Even if the victim survives, they will be permanently disabled.

Some species of rattlers in the Mojave desert produce a powerful neurotoxin that causes paralysis of the nervous system, and halts respiratory function. The worse thing about the Mojave Rattlesnake is that a victim the size of a human being would be fully conscious as the venom took its full effect, and the person would suffer immensely as they tried to tell make their unresponsive body take in air, to no effect. A healthy adult male could be in a state of pure hell for up to five minutes if they're a swimmer.

These cults are a hazard to themselves and others, it's animal cruelty, and the really stupid thing about this nonsense is that the entire premise of these cults originate from one out-of-context verse that was cherry-picked from 31,102 other verses. There are countless ways to prove and test ones faith, if one is so inclined, so there is no reason for this endangerment to even exist.

Listen, you have a few great points and yet you don't. It should NOT ever be completely removed from an individual to consider one's potential surroundings. Would YOU deny YOUR children the ability to handle that which is most dangerous within the land in which they dwell? I bet not. Back off... would be my suggestion... of anyone living peaceably among themselves even if it means at odds with you! *hearts* does not mean *he*arts* but *he*arts* comes to *hearts* regardless.

but something does protect them.....they get bitten and live or dont get bitten at all

Venomous snakes have a very unfortunate design in that all they really have is their mouth and venom for prey, and predators. Snakes will usually not use a full shot of venom on an attacker, depending on how long it's been since their last meal. Their venom glands don't just make with the goods at will, and that's the most precious thing a snake has.

Forum List

Back