They only Prove the Point.

Tell you what, feel free to point out that the people that killed people over all the movies mocking Christianity, Judaism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Mormonism. While you are scouring the internet trying to find the non existent examples of right wing violent reactions to their religious beliefs being mocked feel free to blame all the left wingers that made those films for inciting violence.

Alternatively, you could simply admit that you can't actually find a logical chain of reasoning that justifies your position.

Christians were killing other Christians for centuries because their version of Christianity didn't match their version of Christianity.

Muslims do the same thing, what's your point?
But it's okay when they do it!

Right, Carby?

I don't think it's ironic: We already know the reactions these people have had in the past to any depiction that is perceived to be in anyway derogatory to their loony beliefs and/or prophet. They think this violence is a perfectly legitimate reaction--even if that violence is directed toward people who have nothing to do with whatever the current supposed transgression is.
It's expected.
I think they'd feel like punks if they didn't burn/blow something up and/or kill somebody.

Where the fuck does this insanity come from?!

:confused:

They take it serious....middle east is a lot more religous than any other place you ever heard of....also this movie went too far showing their Prophet sniffing vagina......that's messed up
There is no right to Not Be Offended.

A number of the Board do not understand how the 1st Amendment works.

They have the right to say or write what they want.

I have the right to say or write that what they wrote was wrong: Nakoula was wrong.

See how my right of free speech works, as well as Nakoula's?
No one is claiming otherwise, dumbass.

However, the government does not have the power to silence an opinion because it offends a group.

Period.

I agree, and the government, as having a right to speech, has a right to tell Nakoula and the world that he screwed up.

That's how free speech out there works.

I agree, and the government, as having a right to speech, has a right to tell Nakoula and the world that he screwed up.

we need a face palm smilie. there is no "world" right to free speech idiot. even without the 1st amendment our government can say whatever they want. the 1st amendment is a unique law --> prohibiting <-- the government from restricting speech. it does not - allow - the government to tell nakoula and the word that he screwed up.

do ever get anything right?

A number of the Board do not understand how the 1st Amendment works.

They have the right to say or write what they want.

I have the right to say or write that what they wrote was wrong: Nakoula was wrong.

See how my right of free speech works, as well as Nakoula's?

The ones that don't understand how it works are the people, like the idiots in the embassy in Cairo, who call that an abuse of free speech.

Excuse me? The government does not have a right to free speech, nor does the government have the right to criticize the legal actions of a citizen who is not breaking the law. If Obama was half the constitutional professor that the left portrays him as he would stand up and say that, although the US does not condone what the film says, the US fully stands behind the right of everyone everywhere to say whatever they want.

Go ahead, find fault with that. I dare you.

we need a face palm smilie. there is no "world" right to free speech idiot. even without the 1st amendment our government can say whatever they want. the 1st amendment is a unique law --> prohibiting <-- the government from restricting speech. it does not - allow - the government to tell nakoula and the word that he screwed up.

There is a natural right to free speech, your refusal to admit that does not make it non existent, anymore than a government that refuses to outlaw slavery invalidates the right of everyone to be free.

there is that...

and certainly there's no excuse for that type of violence

but the rightwingnut idiot who did the video is a major loser.

and we go in circles.

Tell you what, feel free to point out that the people that killed people over all the movies mocking Christianity, Judaism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Mormonism. While you are scouring the internet trying to find the non existent examples of right wing violent reactions to their religious beliefs being mocked feel free to blame all the left wingers that made those films for inciting violence.

Alternatively, you could simply admit that you can't actually find a logical chain of reasoning that justifies your position.

Christians were killing other Christians for centuries because their version of Christianity didn't match their version of Christianity.

Key word... "WERE". How many hundreds of years ago was that? What are muslim's still doing TODAY?

There is a natural right to free speech, your refusal to admit that does not make it non existent, anymore than a government that refuses to outlaw slavery invalidates the right of everyone to be free.

what? jake specifically was talking about our 1st amendment. not the natural right.

Key word... "WERE". How many hundreds of years ago was that? What are muslim's still doing TODAY?

Ya, Western society has evolved, we realized that we can coexist and have different beliefs without going to hell for allowing that Mormon church to be built around the corner from our own church.

Does anyone else find it Ironic that these Radical Islamist over in Libya have just Reacted to a Video that claims their Religion is Intolerant and Violent, By being Intolerant and Violent?

Pathetic.

Kinda reminds me of the bombing of the King David Hotel...

The Bill of Rights applies to people, not to government. And when government says something, there is a threat of force.

You're about as good a Constitutional Scholar as your lord Obama. :lol:

The issues going on in the Middle East and in North Africa does not prove anything regarding Islam, because if that were the case there would be global uproar so let us not confuse the minute to the masses. Second, the filmmaker is a scam and a fraud so his credibility regardless whether exercising free speech is gone. Third, the reaction that we see is also fueled by radical clerics and Al-Qaeda so let us not confuse cultural influences with religion.

there is that...

and certainly there's no excuse for that type of violence

but the rightwingnut idiot who did the video is a major loser.

and we go in circles.

Are you actually retarded? I mean that sincerely, b/c there's no logical way anyone can compare what occurred thousands of years ago to what happened yesterday.

Are you actually retarded? I mean that sincerely, b/c there's no logical way anyone can compare what occurred thousands of years ago to what happened yesterday.

LOL....That's what I was thinking, but since its out there now in digits....yeah, I agree. I stated earlier, us Westerners have progressed or evolved in our understanding of spiritual matters and religion. Civilized society and then the rest of the world with the low EQ.

Forum List

Back