‘They lost Ryan’: Trump blames his own generals for Yemen raid that killed Navy SEAL

The military has confirmed that the mission did not go anywhere near as planned, and you dont blame your military if the mission was a success

Seems the Pentagon was highly in favor of this raid. Guess you can blame them as well.

Instead it’s worth asking why Pentagon officials were pushing for the raid, and the broad authority that went with it, if the preparations were so flimsy. Or were they pushing for it? Usually, in these situations, military briefers outline a whole set of risks, contingencies, and caveats involved in a combat operation, if just to spread the blame if things go south. Did they do this with Mattis and Dunford?
Did Obama ever blame the military for a mission that failed? Did Bush, did any other President?

Did the military blame Obama or Bush when a mission went bad?? Did anyone blame either one??

If that mission had gone off picture perfect I'd bet you'd find something to complain about.

Grow up dumbass.
Dont change the subject sweetie, only a coward would dare blame the military

Well its been done there sweetie and will continue to be done.

Shit happens and will continue to happen and only a moron like you takes pleasure in assigning blame for the death of that Navy SEAL or anyone who dies in battle.

And you get a great deal of pleasure blaming Trump.

Carry on and enjoy you're pleasure.
Honeybunch, the blame was assigned by Rump when he blamed the generals. Even you can figure that simple sentence out

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.
Does he not understand that the buck stops with him?

30 dead civilians, a dead seal, a dead american girl, and the target missed and mocking the US after the raid.

Per the Trump admin, it was both a 'complete success'.....and someone else's fault.

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

30 dead civilians, a dead seal, a dead american girl, and the target missed and mocking the US after the raid.

Per the Trump admin, it was both a 'complete success'.....and someone else's fault.
Can you imagine the results if Trump has a mission that failed?

They missed the target, lost a Seal, killed 30 civilians including an 8 year old American girl, and had to destroy a 75 million dollar plane.

In what world is that a 'complete success'?

Seems the Pentagon was highly in favor of this raid. Guess you can blame them as well.

Instead it’s worth asking why Pentagon officials were pushing for the raid, and the broad authority that went with it, if the preparations were so flimsy. Or were they pushing for it? Usually, in these situations, military briefers outline a whole set of risks, contingencies, and caveats involved in a combat operation, if just to spread the blame if things go south. Did they do this with Mattis and Dunford?
Did Obama ever blame the military for a mission that failed? Did Bush, did any other President?

Did the military blame Obama or Bush when a mission went bad?? Did anyone blame either one??

If that mission had gone off picture perfect I'd bet you'd find something to complain about.

Grow up dumbass.

Shit happens and will continue to happen and only a moron like you takes pleasure in assigning blame for the death of that Navy SEAL or anyone who dies in battle.

Honeybunch, the blame was assigned by Rump when he blamed the generals. Even you can figure that simple sentence out

Who planned the mission honeybun??

I'd say the Generals. How bout you?? It was planned on Obama's watch. Want to blame him as well. LOL

They missed the target, lost a Seal, killed 30 civilians including an 8 year old American girl, and had to destroy a 75 million dollar plane.

In what world is that a 'complete success'?

Al-Qaeda Fighters in Yemen Seemed Ready for SEAL Raid: Source

Grow up dumbass.

I'd say the Generals. How bout you?? It was planned on Obama's watch. Want to blame him as well. LOL

So the mission was a 'complete success'..... and someone else's fault?

Pick one, honeybun.

Grow up dumbass.

Pick one, honeybun.

Did I say it was a success?? Nope.

As for fault. How bout the whoever leaked the mission. I'd say there's your culprit right there.

How bout you??

Pick one, honeybun.

As for fault. How bout the whoever leaked the mission. I'd say there's your culprit right there.

How bout you??
do you enjoy licking Rumps balls? Should he be blaming our Generals for this failure?

Well its been done there sweetie and will continue to be done. I can't even remember how many times my Father or my Brother complained about the higher ups in the military and the orders they issued. Anyone from the military can corroborate that.

I doubt you give shit one about that dead SEAL. He's just the means so you can blame Trump.

I would add that on occasion we were given an order to stand down that meant do it....brass always covers their ass and it's refreshing to see a CIC that knows that. The Pentagon could end the conversation with one phone call but they won't.

Pick one, honeybun.

Oh, that would be the Trump administration. Where they lying again, honeybun?

Even with 30 dead civilians including an 8 year old American girl, a dead soldier, 3 more wounded, the loss of a 75 million dollar plane and target missed and mocking the US after the raid...

...the Trump admin is still desperately trying to spin this as a 'complete success'. And laughably, also trying to blame others.

The buck doesn't stop anywhere near Orange, does it honeybun?

Well its been done there sweetie and will continue to be done. I can't even remember how many times my Father or my Brother complained about the higher ups in the military and the orders they issued. Anyone from the military can corroborate that.

I doubt you give shit one about that dead SEAL. He's just the means so you can blame Trump.

I would add that on occasion we were given an order to stand down that meant do it....brass always covers their ass and it's refreshing to see a CIC that knows that. The Pentagon could end the conversation with one phone call but they won't.
Its refreshing to see a President blame his generals?

Pick one, honeybun.

How bout you??
do you enjoy licking Rumps balls? Should he be blaming our Generals for this failure?

I'm sure you'd enjoy licking his balls more than I would.

Should you be blaming Trump??

I'll blame whoever leaked the info about the mission.

Pick one, honeybun.

How bout you??

Your playing games, sweetie. Should trump be blaming his military- simple question- yes or no

Given that Trump knows more about ISIS that the general do, I'm shocked he didn't apply the vast pool of knowledge he gained schucking real estate and plan the raid himself.

I mean shit, if a real estate license is all you need to take care of ISIS, we could just air drop Coldwell Banker into the middle east and have this situation pacified by dinner.

No leak....AQ heard surveillance drones flying at lower altitude than usual....they figured out something was coming and were ready for it. The SEAL commanding officer could have aborted but didn't....nobody is to "blame" for a successful mission, and it was successful.

Given that Trump knows more about ISIS that the general do, I'm shocked he didn't apply the vast pool of knowledge he gained schucking real estate and plan the raid himself.

I mean shit, if a real estate license is all you need to take care of ISIS, we could just air drop Coldwell Banker into the middle east and have this situation pacified by dinner.
Great post!!!

No leak....AQ heard surveillance drones flying at lower altitude than usual....they figured out something was coming and were ready for it. The SEAL commanding officer could have aborted but didn't....nobody is to "blame" for a successful mission, and it was successful.
Does the President start throwing blame around if a mission is a success?

Pick one, honeybun.

How bout you??

Your playing games, sweetie. Should trump be blaming his military- simple question- yes or no

How bout the experienced Commander on the ground who wanted to go ahead with the mission even though things weren't perfect for it? He is in the military is he not??

He was boots on the ground and thought he and his team could pull it off.

Maybe you should stop playing games. If this mission had gone picture perfect you'd still find something to blame Trump for.

Carry on snowflake

Pick one, honeybun.

How bout you??

How bout the experienced Commander on the ground who wanted to go ahead with the mission even though things weren't perfect for it? He is in the military is he not??

He was boots on the ground and thought he and his team could pull it off.

Maybe you should stop playing games. If this mission had gone picture perfect you'd still find something to blame Trump for.

Carry on snowflake
I asked you if trump should be blaming his military. Don't run away, answer the question

Forum List

Back