They Lost Obama

Interesting that all three of the other posts here focus on poisoning the well, and none actually dare address the content of the article itself. Isn't that special.

>> It's strange to witness: He speaks in a modulated, indoor voice. His dark hair is a color found in nature. At home, there is a glamorous wife and three photogenic children, still not old enough to warm his seat at next week's G-20 summit or be involved in an espionage scandal.

When Trudeau moves on to his feminist bona fides (women and minorities make up more than half of his Cabinet), he pauses for a moment, but does not lose his train of thought. His words are coherent and will not need to be run through Google Translate when he is done (except if you want to translate his French into English).

He talks about steps taken to deal with the opioid crisis and mentions the country's dropping unemployment rate. He uses the original Clintonian recipe on the crowd: "We're focused on getting people into good careers and helping families get ahead and stay ahead," he says. "But we know there's more hard work in front of us than there is behind us."

Then he gives the press corps a high-five.

"The back and forth between the press and government is essential to any good democracy," he says. "When you're at your best, it reminds us and challenges us to be at ours. So thank you all for your tireless work." <<

Yeah, an interesting contrast, or really as it goes on, set of contrasts. Thanks for posting this to remind us what we're missing.

Summed up later in the article:

>> Justin Trudeau is now the adult in the room. <<​

Not meant as a slap at Trudeau,

Well, if you won't I will.
pow_2509607k.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-26_11-19-13.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-26_11-19-13.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 58
Interesting that all three of the other posts here focus on poisoning the well, and none actually dare address the content of the article itself. Isn't that special.

>> It's strange to witness: He speaks in a modulated, indoor voice. His dark hair is a color found in nature. At home, there is a glamorous wife and three photogenic children, still not old enough to warm his seat at next week's G-20 summit or be involved in an espionage scandal.

When Trudeau moves on to his feminist bona fides (women and minorities make up more than half of his Cabinet), he pauses for a moment, but does not lose his train of thought. His words are coherent and will not need to be run through Google Translate when he is done (except if you want to translate his French into English).

He talks about steps taken to deal with the opioid crisis and mentions the country's dropping unemployment rate. He uses the original Clintonian recipe on the crowd: "We're focused on getting people into good careers and helping families get ahead and stay ahead," he says. "But we know there's more hard work in front of us than there is behind us."

"The back and forth between the press and government is essential to any good democracy," he says. "When you're at your best, it reminds us and challenges us to be at ours. So thank you all for your tireless work." <<

Yeah, an interesting contrast, or really as it goes on, set of contrasts. Thanks for posting this to remind us what we're missing.

Nice to see a responsible leader and statesman

Imagine not having to continually talk about yourself and actually get along with people

I can see why our rightwing posters are outraged

The contrasts between here and there are not just superficial.

Trump is defunding Planned Parenthood. Trudeau is firmly pro-choice; abortions are provided as part of Canada's universal health care. (We know Trump's position on that issue.)

Meanwhile, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is trying to roll back America's weed laws to Reefer Madness days. Over the border, Trudeau, who admits he smoked pot after being elected to Parliament, campaigned on legalizing it across Canada.

Trump ditched the Paris environmental accord. Trudeau is urging American cities and states to work with their northern neighbors to cut emissions

Thank you for reiterating my point.

Trump is defunding Planned Parenthood. Trudeau is firmly pro-choice; abortions are provided as part of Canada's universal health care. (We know Trump's position on that issue.)

Meanwhile, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is trying to roll back America's weed laws to Reefer Madness days. Over the border, Trudeau, who admits he smoked pot after being elected to Parliament, campaigned on legalizing it across Canada.

Trump ditched the Paris environmental accord. Trudeau is urging American cities and states to work with their northern neighbors to cut emissions

Trudeau is their version of Hillary Clinton. We dodged the bullet. They embraced it. The result is, they are turning into Little Syria. We are not. And they should be held liable when their "refugees" start crossing our border to perpetuate machinations on our soil.

Thank you for reiterating my point.

Actually you didn't make a point. Even though this site kind of has the rule that you're supposed to.

Not that I object on those grounds, not at all. It's a worthy article that I take it you didn't bother to read. As I noted in that post, nobody else even bothered to comment on (or apparently read at all) the content of the article, preferring to slobber over the source, the "Establishment" and the "leftist press". Not a word about what was actually IN it.

Interesting tactic. Let us know if it ever works.

Trudeau is their version of Hillary Clinton. We dodged the bullet. They embraced it. The result is, they are turning into Little Syria. We are not. And they should be held liable when their "refugees" start crossing our border to perpetuate machinations on our soil.

What has happened is Canada is respected and Trudeau is accepted as a leader around the world

Trump is openly mocked and his judgment is not respected

Actually you didn't make a point.

Actually, I did. It is not my fault you've lost your eye, Polyphemus.

It's a worthy article that I take it you didn't bother to read.

Ah, but I did. It's notable that much of the same language appeared in similar slobbering articles about Obama and Clinton over the years. Same old shit. Must be a subscription service.

As I noted in that post, nobody else even bothered to comment on (or apparently read at all) the content of the article, preferring to slobber over the source, the "Establishment" and the "leftist press". Not a word about what was actually IN it.

My initial comments said it all. It is not my monkey to spread Leftie slobber, but merely to point it out.[/QUOTE]

What has happened is Canada is respected and Trudeau is accepted as a leader around the world

Trump and the First Lady were received very well on their trip abroad. It is only you Obamites that disapprove. And we are sick of your whining..

Trump and the First Lady were received very well on their trip abroad.

Actually, point of correction --- that's the third lady. The first one got raped and divorced, the second got humiliated by "John Miller" and "John Barron" and divorced. Can't follow the players without a program.

And how he was perceived, well that's what's immortalized in my sigline. Which relates right back to the line about Trudeau being the adult in the room. Et voilà, back on topic.

Actually, point of correction --- that's the third lady. The first one got raped and divorced, the second got humiliated by "John Miller" and "John Barron" and divorced. Can't follow the players without a program.

And how he was perceived, well that's what's immortalized in my sigline. Which relates right back to the line about Trudeau being the adult in the room. Et voilà, back on topic.

Did you refer to Nancy as the Second Lady?

Actually you didn't make a point.

Actually, I did. It is not my fault you've lost your eye, Polyphemus.

Actually you didn't. If you made a point you could quote it.

It's a worthy article that I take it you didn't bother to read.

Ah, but I did. It's notable that much of the same language appeared in similar slobbering articles about Obama and Clinton over the years. Same old shit. Must be a subscription service.

My initial comments said it all. It is not my monkey to spread Leftie slobber, but merely to point it out.

That's it?
You mean you started a thread about a specific article, with no intention whatsoever of discussing what was IN the article, on a discussion board?

As noted, let us know if that ever starts working.

Your "monkey"? :dunno:
English much?

Last edited:

Nope. Wasn't doing politics at the time. But it would have worked.

Say, did Reagan have a "John Miller" or a "John Barron"? :eusa_think:
Somehow I don't remember Ronnie spending a whole lotta time on narcissism, self-delusion, childish ad hominem, whining about criticism at four in the morning or outright lying.

Somehow I don't remember Ronnie spending a whole lotta time on narcissism, self-delusion, childish ad hominem, whining about criticism at four in the morning or outright lying.

I don't remember 2 women between Don and Melania in the WH.

How 'bout any post in this thread with your name on it that's actually on the topic? You remember that?

Nope, I don't either.

As I said to the OP --- interesting approach. Let us know if it ever works.

How 'bout any post in this thread with your name on it that's actually on the topic? You remember that?

Nope, I don't either.

As I said to the OP --- interesting approach. Let us know if it ever works.

and this has what to do with the topic?

last I heard, this was an open forum, and anyone could add their 2 cents.

Did that change while I was playing Backgammon?

Forum List

Back