They Kill Meth Heads around here!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Spokane Police kill knife-wielding man | Spokesman.com | Jul 10, 2009

A few weeks ago a women who was strung out on meth was involved in a high speed chase hit a tree splitting the car she and her boyfriend stole in half killing her. A few months ago another meth/crack head was shot by the Police when he shot a police dog.
If you are meth head in these parts you better watch your back.:lol:
Everyone of course is saying the Police here are out of control but we have one of the worst meth problems in the nation in Spokane making our crime rate higher than the national average. I say if you don't want to get killed by the Police don't do meth and commit a crime.

I deal with methers on a daily basis. They consist of 75% of my Shoplifting Apprehensions. If you have never dealt with one you will never understand what they are cabable of. I have actually had one break a pair of my hinged handcuffs. Typically it takes 3-4 people to take one down without a Taser or lethal force. Typically when dealing with them I have to use a very high risk move called a rear naked choke(Atleast thats what we call it). If done right it cuts off the blood to the brain in approximately 10 seconds and they go out for approximately 10-15 seconds. If the hold is not broken within 3-5 seconds of them going out you can kill the person. That is why its always a last resort.

The only times ive had to do it is on someone on Meth or PCP, and let me tell you it is a scary move because usually the person craps or pees themselves once they go out and you feel them go limp in your arms.

Please tell me you aren't a mall cop. Because that's just wrong, if you are.

I was under the impression that hold was illegal.

A Meth head (tweaker) is already killing him/herself. Meth is one of the deadliest of "recreational" drugs to ever use.

Please tell me you aren't a mall cop. Because that's just wrong, if you are.

I was under the impression that hold was illegal.

Nope, Loss Prevention Agent, I actually make more then an actual Police Officer(hence the reason I didn't go that route) and it's not illegal if it is done in a self defense manner. I only do it in extreme situation like someone on Meth or who is completely out of control. I have only done it a handful of times. It is only illegal if it is not released right after the person goes out. Yoou also better have a damn good reason to use it though, because it is a huge liability issue.

If it were illegal just about every UFC fighter would have been arrested by now.

So you ARE a mall cop?

And it IS illegal in wrestling, dumbshit.

Which means I guess that you're a mallcop getting his moves from WWF?

"Figure Four" variation

This variant is considered to be a "blood choke" because it restricts blood flow to the brain via the carotid arteries. When done correctly, it can cause temporary unconsciousness in a few seconds. The following is a description of this technique using the left arm.

Step 1: The attacker's left arm encircles the opponent's neck, with the opponent's trachea at the crook of the elbow.
Step 2: The attacker's left hand then grasps his own upper right arm [biceps].
Step 3: The right hand is placed behind (or occasionally on top of) the opponent's head.
Step 4: The elbows are then brought together such that lateral pressure is applied to the neck on both sides.
When applied properly unconsciousness occurs in about 10 seconds and recovery from the choke is just as quick. Since the technique applies pressure on the arteries in the neck that take blood to the brain permanent damage may occur to the brain from insufficient blood supply. Do not apply for longer than 3 seconds after unconsciousness

"Clasping Hands" variation

This variation has the supporting hand clasp the hand of the choking arm, allowing more pressure to be applied to the neck, but losing some of the control of the head. This alters the choke somewhat so that it is more likely to be applied as an airway-restricting choke or mixed blood and air choke, which results in more pain but a slower choke-out. As such, this technique is less frequently used at advanced levels in Judo[2]. Nonetheless, it has seen some successful applications in mixed martial arts competition: for instance, it was used by Fedor Emelianenko, a heavyweight champion in PRIDE, to defeat Kazuyuki Fujita at the PRIDE 26 event in 2003. Fujita tapped out about five seconds after the choke was applied. He used it again to defeat former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia in 36 seconds. Sylvia tapped out immediately once the choke was sunk in and after the fight described it as being very painful. It was also used by UFC fighter Matt Hughes to defeat Frank Trigg in their second fight which was transitioned from a hand-on-biceps version of the RNC. Some also still refer to this lock as the "Severn Lock" due to its usage by former Ultimate Fighting Champion Dan Severn.

Safe Application

This choke, in either the figure-four or clasped-hand variation, is an extremely dangerous technique if used thoughtlessly or improperly. When applied as a blood choke in particular, the brain is immediately deprived of oxygen, leading (as mentioned above) to unconsciousness and ultimately (if not released) to brain damage or death. It is imperative, when using this technique, to be completely aware of your opponent's physical state, and to release the choke at any sign of your opponent losing consciousness or "tapping out." Rafiel Torre, a former mixed martial arts trainer and fighter, was convicted of killing a man using this technique, demonstrating that it is entirely lethal if misused.

Source...............
Rear naked choke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you ARE a mall cop?

1. A "mall cop" and a loss prevention officer are vastly different things.
2. UFC isn't wrestling, and the "choke-out" hold is legal there.
3. WWF isn't wrestling of any form. It's self-defined as "sports entertainment" and it's even had a name change, to WWE.

So you ARE a mall cop?

First of all I am not a Mall Cop, I don't even have a Mall in my town Dumbshit.

Second I don't watch Wrestling or have anything to do with it and it is not illegal to use in a real life situation dumbshit.

Last edited:
LPA is not a mall cop, a completely different crease. LPA gets a kitty from which they can build a bonus in proportion to the risk losses they actually prevent. The way to make money from these bonus funds is to lure a LPA or three to try to make a citizen's arrest on you in a parking lot. If one knows the LPA has nothing on camera, one prepares to put them down with a stun can. The one places the LPA under arrest and calls the police. The store will almost always immediately settle in lieu of a suit, and the money comes right out of the LPA slush fund. This scam has been increasingly harder to successfully pull off the last year.

So you get paid more than a cop, but you aren't one...and you aren't a mall cop because there are no malls.

But you're using choke holds like crazy.

So what are you? I give.

LPA is not a mall cop, a completely different crease. LPA gets a kitty from which they can build a bonus in proportion to the risk losses they actually prevent. The way to make money from these bonus funds is to lure a LPA or three to try to make a citizen's arrest on you in a parking lot. If one knows the LPA has nothing on camera, one prepares to put them down with a stun can. The one places the LPA under arrest and calls the police. The store will almost always immediately settle in lieu of a suit, and the money comes right out of the LPA slush fund. This scam has been increasingly harder to successfully pull off the last year.

?

What you are talking about is called an NPI(Non productive incident or bad stop, which the person you stop has infact dumped the merchandise.) and I have NEVER had one because I follow a strict set of guidelines and DO NOT rely on CCTV, just floor observation.

The scam works, alli, by getting the Loss Prevention Agent to try arrest a supposed offender, when, in fact, no offense has occurred. The LPA will normally ask the suspect to come back in the store. When the suspect says "no" and resists, the LPA will take said suspect down. This is where the stun gun comes in. The person then calls the police and states he was assaulted in the parking lot. The store immediately settles.

What you are talking about is called an NPI(Non productive incident or bad stop, which the person you stop has infact dumped the merchandise.) and I have NEVER had one because I follow a strict set of guidelines and DO NOT rely on CCTV, just floor observation.

Just so.

You apparently are not subject to the form of "mall arrogance" that appears time to time in LPA. I bet you are a good agent.

So you get paid more than a cop, but you aren't one...and you aren't a mall cop because there are no malls.

But you're using choke holds like crazy.

So what are you? I give.

Like crazy? I have used maybe a half of a dozen in close to 10 years.

Loss prevention personnel

Loss prevention personnel will patrol the store acting as if they are real shoppers. They may try on merchandise and browse the racks, all the while looking for signs of shoplifting and looking for possible shoplifters. Many large retail companies use this technique, and will watch a shoplifter conceal an item then stop them after they have exited the store. These types of personnel must follow a strict set of rules, however, because of very high liability risks. Many big retail or grocery stores like Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, Zellers, Nofrills, Loblaws, etc. have an LP to keep an eye out for shoplifters or to catch runaways. Most of these stores use secret codes to alert, management, LP, and associates of shoplifters. LP is a very crucial job in that they act as an ordinary shopper and have to follow the suspects all around the store by foot or by reviewing the cameras, and watch every move the person makes so that they don't face a lawsuit for getting the wrong person. Usually if it's a big arrest that's going to be made, LP will call management or associates for back up

In the state of California, and in most cases the rest of the United States and other countries, store employees and managers have certain powers of arrest. Store officials may detain for investigation (for a reasonable length of time), the person whom they have probable cause to believe is attempting to take or has unlawfully taken merchandise.[citation needed] At the very least, staff usually have citizens' arrest powers.

Generally, in the United States, the store employees who detain suspects outside of and inside the store premises are allowed by state statute limited powers of arrest and have the power to initiate criminal arrests or civil sanctions, or both, depending upon the policy of the retailer and the state statutes governing civil demands and civil recovery for shoplifting as reconciled with the criminal laws of the jurisdiction.[

Shoplifting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Store detectives may be self-employed on a contract basis but most are employees of the retailer, of a security firm with an outsourcing arrangement with the retailer, or of an agency with a similar agreement.

The job involves patrolling stores in the role of an ordinary shopper, watching for shoplifters. The detective follows any shopper behaving suspiciously, and keeps records of such observations. The key difference between a store detective and a security guard is that the former's role is covert. If they observe an individual stealing, they may prevent them from leaving the store until the merchandise is returned. Otherwise, they have no law-enforcement powers not available to private citizens and cannot search or arrest suspects (although they may place offenders under Citizen's arrest in jurisdictions which permit it).

Most stores require their detectives to have stable work histories and no criminal record. Common backgrounds include the armed services, rescue services, and security.

Additional Responsibilities of the Store Detective
Many retail companies assign the task of investigating check and credit card fraud activity as well as employee theft activity to the Store Detective. They work closely with law enforcement on such cases whether it is on the local, state or federal level. Companies also assign the Store Detective the task of searching employee lockers and bags at random.

Store detective - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Retail loss prevention (in some retailers known as asset protection) is a form of private investigation into larceny or theft. The focus of such investigations generally includes shoplifting, package pilferage, embezzlement, credit fraud, and check fraud. "Loss prevention" or "LP" is used to describe a number of methods used to reduce the amount of all losses and shrinkage often related to retail trade.

Retail loss prevention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The average LP\AP Manager makes in access of $120,000 a year if they are good at their job.

An average A1 Agent will start out at $18.00 an hour and up with no experience.

An Average A2 Agent will make about $45,000 a year.

An Average A3 Agent or SI will make about $75,000 a year.

The scam works, alli, by getting the Loss Prevention Agent to try arrest a supposed offender, when, in fact, no offense has occurred. The LPA will normally ask the suspect to come back in the store. When the suspect says "no" and resists, the LPA will take said suspect down. This is where the stun gun comes in. The person then calls the police and states he was assaulted in the parking lot. The store immediately settles.

An average NPI will settle out of court for approximately $15,000, but I have seen them go as high as $500,000 in an actual jury case.

Just so.

You apparently are not subject to the form of "mall arrogance" that appears time to time in LPA. I bet you are a good agent.

No what your talking about is the wanna be cop mentality, which I HATE in this business. I rarely pull out my badge, I prefer to use my Store ID card. I do carry a police style badge but hate it and I almost never use handcuffs, no reason to if the suspect is coorperative. I am not a cop, I don't want to be a cop and I don't pretend to be one. Like I said that is what I hate about this business is the people who get a fucking badge, cuffs, vest, pepper spray and a tazer and act like they are a fucking cop. It pisses me off. I was issued all of that and only wear a single pair of cuffs in my pocket and badge in my pocket. I will wear my vest in our bad stores only because ive had a gun pulled on me and I have been cut with a knife on several occasions..

The rest of the stuff I leave at home, I have no need for them. Like I said I only handcuff 1% of all my apprehensions. I don't need to act like a fucking cop and hate the people that do. They don't realize that when you handcuff someone you are escilating the liability of the stop. I hate even carrying mine because of the liability. I also wont work with an Agent who feels they have to cuff everyone or flash their badge like crazy. Like I said shit like that makes me hate this industry.

Forum List

Back