They Haven't Learned A Thing!!

What specifically makes you think otherwise? We are already pulling troops and equipment out of there about as fast as can be accomplished.

Because Obama no longer has to worry about the anti war wing of his base and we all know what ignoring what was going on in Afghanistan lead to before if we choose to go down that path again and it leads to another 9-11 type attack the starting point of it would this administrations pulling out all U.S. forces. If Obama does not really care about that possibility I guess he will pull out all the troops I would hope he would remember the saying those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So.....

Are we just gonna stay forever?
Or are crazy cavemen Muslims gonna stop hating us?

Becuase unless one of those happens, it sounds like you're saying we are destined to have another 911, no matter what.

Let's find out what left wing sites think about Obama pulling troops out in 2014.

Obama’s 2024 Afghan ‘Transition’ Deal Not Convincing Everyone -- News from Antiwar.com

Damn, looks like you are the one that is being fooled here.

Here it comes. You know Henry Kissinger runs the show right? Have you guys ever done any research into the agencies Kissinger is the Head of? Of course you haven't.

Prediction: Obama will say we need to stay and "finish the job". Liberals will agree.

If we stay in Afghanistan that makes us less mentally capable than the old Soviet Union. At least they pulled out with a kicked ass after nine years.

This country reminds me of Fearless Fosdick in the old Lil Abner comic strip. A canning plant let two cans of poisoned beans get shipped out and Fearless was getting to the place where people were about to eat beans from the shipment just in time to save them from the poisoned beans by shooting them. I guess he must have done away with about 20 before they changed the subject.

We lost about 3000 people in the 9/11 attacks and so far we've sacrificed nearly 7,000 young Americans getting revenge. That doesn't include the 35,000 whose lives were ruined when they were seriously wounded nor the effects on their families or the trillion dollars we have borrowed and spent. Also conservative estimates put the number of innocent people killed in those countries at 200,000-300,000. How much longer will this insanity continue?

Last edited:
Henry Kissinger, Lindsey Graham, the racist John McCain and John Bolton are on Fox News right now saying the plan to leave Afghanistan in 2014 is bad and if we pull out Al Queda and the Taleban will again infest the place and plot against the U S.

So phuckin' what!!!!! To hell with losing young Americans and spending hundreds of billions a year in a country 10,000 miles away just because some sabre rattler is scared of his own shadow and wants to make Halliburton and a bunch of contractors richer than six foot up a bull's ass.

The Republican party is Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Anybody remember this..................wrong country!!!

January 26, 1998

The Honorable William J. Clinton
President of the United States
Washington, DC

Dear Mr. President:

We are writing you because we are convinced that current American policy toward Iraq is not succeeding, and that we may soon face a threat in the Middle East more serious than any we have known since the end of the Cold War. In your upcoming State of the Union Address, you have an opportunity to chart a clear and determined course for meeting this threat. We urge you to seize that opportunity, and to enunciate a new strategy that would secure the interests of the U.S. and our friends and allies around the world. That strategy should aim, above all, at the removal of Saddam Hussein’s regime from power. We stand ready to offer our full support in this difficult but necessary endeavor.

Sincerely,

Elliott Abrams Richard L. Armitage William J. Bennett

Jeffrey Bergner John Bolton Paula Dobriansky

Francis Fukuyama Robert Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad

William Kristol Richard Perle Peter W. Rodman

Donald Rumsfeld William Schneider, Jr. Vin Weber

Paul Wolfowitz R. James Woolsey Robert B. Zoellick

Ah, yes.....the early campaign-efforts to elect Lil' Dumbya Bush.

bush_littlebigman.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqX3DRtZtU]60 Minutes: George W. Bush Sought to -Find A Way- to Invade Iraq - YouTube[/ame]​

Whether we stay or whether we leave, Afghanistan is NOT going to become a secular democracy.

So the question really is: IF WE LEAVE, will it once again become a haven for terrorists bent to destroying this country?

I think it could, but even if it does, attacking those international terrorists by air is a better response than trying by OCCUPATION to make a silk purse our of this sow's ear.

Whether we stay or whether we leave, Afghanistan is NOT going to become a secular democracy.

So the question really is: IF WE LEAVE, will it once again become a haven for terrorists bent to destroying this country?

I think it could, but even if it does, attacking those international terrorists by air is a better response than trying by OCCUPATION to make a silk purse our of this sow's ear.

That sounds like the voice of the military/industrial complex speaking.

What if the world comes to an end December 21st?

Here it comes. You know Henry Kissinger runs the show right? Have you guys ever done any research into the agencies Kissinger is the Head of? Of course you haven't.

Prediction: Obama will say we need to stay and "finish the job". Liberals will agree.

If we stay in Afghanistan that makes us less mentally capable than the old Soviet Union. At least they pulled out with a kicked ass after nine years.

This country reminds me of Fearless Fosdick in the old Lil Abner comic strip. A canning plant let two cans of poisoned beans get shipped out and Fearless was getting to the place where people were about to eat beans from the shipment just in time to save them from the poisoned beans by shooting them. I guess he must have done away with about 20 before they changed the subject.

We lost about 3000 people in the 9/11 attacks and so far we've sacrificed nearly 7,000 young Americans getting revenge. That doesn't include the 35,000 whose lives were ruined when they were seriously wounded nor the effects on their families or the trillion dollars we have borrowed and spent. Also conservative estimates put the number of innocent people killed in those countries at 200,000-300,000. How much longer will this insanity continue?

At LEAST another 4 years... :dunno:

Afghanistan can't be fixed. No place under islamic rule can be fixed. Look at Turkey, it USED to be a firm secular democracy, now falling under islamic domination. It can be contained. You leave them alone and when they stick their heads out of their caves, go in and shove them back in the cave. You don't let them out of the cave and into other nations.

What specifically makes you think otherwise? We are already pulling troops and equipment out of there about as fast as can be accomplished.

Because Obama no longer has to worry about the anti war wing of his base and we all know what ignoring what was going on in Afghanistan lead to before if we choose to go down that path again and it leads to another 9-11 type attack the starting point of it would this administrations pulling out all U.S. forces. If Obama does not really care about that possibility I guess he will pull out all the troops I would hope he would remember the saying those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So.....

Becuase unless one of those happens, it sounds like you're saying we are destined to have another 911, no matter what.
It sounds like you want to go back to the same mindset that allowed 9-11 to happen. Yeah you might have to keep some kind of military force there for a very very long time would that prevent another 9-11 I don't know but I would venture it gives you a better chance of doing so than just walking away and ignoring the problem.

So.....

It sounds like you want to go back to the same mindset that allowed 9-11 to happen. Yeah you might have to keep some kind of military force there for a very very long time would that prevent another 9-11 I don't know but I would venture it gives you a better chance of doing so than just walking away and ignoring the problem.

That's exactly what the party of the military/industrial complex wants us to believe. I voted for this man....he knew:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY]Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex. - YouTube[/ame]

Right wingers should applaud pulling out.

In Afghanistan, we are doing two things:

1- Paying HUGE amounts of money to compensate, feed and care for tens of thousands of government workers
2- Spending HUGE amounts of precious tax payer dollars on a 10 year long project that has shown the payoff is regressing big time

WHY ON EARTH would good, fiscal right wing conservatives support spending such huge amounts of tax money on govt workers and a govt mission that is...well, not gonna give us much of a return, if any? Thats bad business folks, and we're supposed to be running govt like a business.

If pulling out out means less nitwits like you being conceived count me among those that are "evolving".

Last edited:
Obama's Afghan Security Forces are killing more American GI's than Al Qaeda and the Taliban combined

Only one way to deal with this terror bullshit.
Kill them.

We pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, ;et them have the shitty place.

We will get hit again, Americans will die.

Find out where it came from and carpet bomb them into nothing, the attacks will stop.

Right wingers should applaud pulling out.

In Afghanistan, we are doing two things:

1- Paying HUGE amounts of money to compensate, feed and care for tens of thousands of government workers
2- Spending HUGE amounts of precious tax payer dollars on a 10 year long project that has shown the payoff is regressing big time

WHY ON EARTH would good, fiscal right wing conservatives support spending such huge amounts of tax money on govt workers and a govt mission that is...well, not gonna give us much of a return, if any? Thats bad business folks, and we're supposed to be running govt like a business.

Kinda like what we are doing with welfare? At least the as you call them goverment workers are working. I call them our great and noble soldiers and deserve our respect. We know how liberals really think about them, your post and the way liberals treated vietnam vets prove it.

You just said that Obama is mentally deficient.

Whatever he is he just got through kicking the shit out of Romulus:

Obama.............332
Romulus...........206

So.....

That's exactly what the party of the military/industrial complex wants us to believe. I voted for this man....he knew:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY]Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex. - YouTube[/ame]

Get back to me when you can respond with some besides talking points.

There is more than one country in the world where terrorists operate, nothing special about Afghanistan in that respect, but there is not a terrorist on this earth that does not fear being blown into atoms at any moment, that's a fact that all conservatives would be proud of if they were not consumed with hatred for the guy who has killed more of them than the man who invented the "war on terror". Now go back to hoping one of them succeeds in attacking us so that Obama will look bad.

That is some beautiful partisan idiocy you responded with tell us brilliant one how many terrorist were getting blown to atoms before 9-11 and the invented war on terror? Wasn't the main base for terrorist operations in Afghanistan before 9-11? I f we do a total pullout from Afghanistan what do you think the odds are it will become the main base for terrorist again? Lastly if I was hoping for a successful attack I wouldn't be voicing my concerns about us going back to a pre 9-11 mindset dumb ass.

Whatever he is he just got through kicking the shit out of Romulus:

Obama.............332
Romulus...........206

Since I never supported Romney pointing out he lost makes you even dumber than Obama.

Forum List

Back