They Hate Us/Wanna Kill Us and We Make Them Rich

nor is the stuff you guys are talking about as it relates to the topic of thread (taking away the power of the Middle East).

How do you figure?

We are involved (supposedly) in the middle east over oil. Creating our own domestic productions to fill our needs and skipping the imports from those countries takes away a portion of their power over us. the middle east doesn't like the US for an assortment of reasons. You want me to name them and how we can cut the ties and perhaps even foster good diplomacy with that region?

More so, what does China have to do with that power in correlation to us?

WTF are we talking about here??

earlier in this thread you said "We need free markets instead of authoritarian controlled markets." how do you plan on controlling the oil that the private businesses in the US produce (since they now sell it on the open market) to keep it here?

There wouldn't be a need. Regulatory and subsidy measures make foreign markets more appealing because they can make more and cut less red tape. Even with the costs of shipping. Shipping is expensive and if the appeal is to return here, it is a nonissue for them to export more than they keep domestic.

Last edited:
No, I oppose that vehemently. It will be far more profitable to sell domestically produced oil here in North America. If not, then who cares? We are still getting the economic benefits of the exports, and the added supply. Let the market take care of itself. All this well intentioned meddling by the government is the reason we have problems to begin with. Stop playing social engineer and let the people and companies decide what is in their own best interest.

Blame Oil Speculators, Not Obama, For Rising Oil Prices | ThinkProgress

Historically, financial speculators accounted for about 30 percent of oil trading in commodity markets, while producers and end users made up about 70 percent. Today it’s almost the reverse.

A McClatchy review of the latest Commitment of Traders report from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, which regulates oil trading, shows that producers and merchants made up just 36 percent of all contracts traded in the week ending Feb. 14 while speculators who will never take delivery of the oil made up 64 percent.
And there's the answer, only allow producers and end users to trade in oil.
Speculation ended and the price of gasoline drops 1 to 2 dollars over night.

i have to admit that speculating pisses me off. i wish i could do that with my company.

"Sir, the price was $100 yesterday but we're anticipating that our next shipment will be more expensive so the price today is $150."

Speculation will persist in driving the prices as long as only certain areas are producing the bulk of the product and the tensions there leave the market unstable. It's actually a ploy they've devised over time and it starts with govt. and industry collusion.

The middle east doesn't have "power over many countries of the world". That's a misconception. They have a very strong arm over Israel, and that is a big part of where we are today. To us, the interests are vested in securing specific regions for specific reasons. Don't believe oil is the end game in the middle east. If that were so, are ties with Saudi Arabia would be a lot different as opposed to Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghan, Pakistan, Iran, Yemen, etc....

Don't believe the Middle East oil is the ONLY reason for our struggles with them.

If we're talking strictly about oil and negating other variables regarding the world power broker game, then friendship with Venezuela would be a cruciall tie. Yet, it is not. It is not because we wanted to command their economy in our typical ways and they (Chavez) weren't having it.

2000: The Revolution will not be televised

Find it and figure it out, CaughtITM.

The game is chess, not checkers.

The middle east doesn't have "power over many countries of the world". That's a misconception. They have a very strong arm over Israel, and that is a big part of where we are today. To us, the interests are vested in securing specific regions for specific reasons. Don't believe oil is the end game in the middle east. If that were so, are ties with Saudi Arabia would be a lot different as opposed to Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghan, Pakistan, Iran, Yemen, etc....

Don't believe the Middle East oil is the ONLY reason for our struggles with them.

If we're talking strictly about oil and negating other variables regarding the world power broker game, then friendship with Venezuela would be a cruciall tie. Yet, it is not. It is not because we wanted to command their economy in our typical ways and they (Chavez) weren't having it.

2000: The Revolution will not be televised

Find it and figure it out, CaughtITM.

The game is chess, not checkers.

i give you an "A" for changing the subject of the thread and a "A-" for dodging. overall, you did a pretty good job not talking about the topic. but you get an "F" for being transparent about it.

OK.....

Again, the middle east has no power over most countries, that is a complete misconception and from there, oil seems to be what people believe is the reason for meddling in their affairs and dealing with them. It isn't, but is part of that. The convo was then about oil and we've gone a page over it and now you're telling me I haven't answered the question when I keep pushing the why they have a perceived "power over many countries"?

Just give you the facts, Jack.

It isn't oil. You wanna cut ties with them?

Cut Israel loose.
Stop meddling in their political affairs.
Withdraw from their countries.
Show good diplomacy and trade with them.

Yup.

We should be drilling in ANWAR, off the Coast of Cali, Florida and in the Gulf. If we have our own oil then we can tell the ME to fuck off.

Hopefully they will all off themselves for their religioin.
Any new oil that is found gets CAPPED. Remember the Deepwater Horizon well? The only oil that went on the market was the oil that was skimmed off after the CAP blew up, and no more oil has come from it since it was recapped.

No matter where Big Oil Drills, Baby, Drills no new oil will be put on the market. The only new oil put on the market comes from small independents drilling on private land, no new oil comes from Big Oil drilling on Federal land.

Big Oil should be told to uncap the new wells on Federal land or lose the leases.

I don't see any evidence that they(big oil) Cap new wells. Usually the test wells do get capped but that is in liu of production wells the field engineers decide on. In the BP horizon well it was different. They were not capping that sucker but were going to use a special value that would make that test well a production well. Something that is not common these days.

Again, the middle east has no power over most countries...

yeah, cutting oil production has no affect on the world. i'm not sure what earth you've been living on, but it's not the one with the rest of us. but i do understand that it's important for you to pretend that the middle east doesn't have power. it helps prove the silly point you're trying to sell. bravo on that.

Forum List

Back