They dyed the Chicago river for St. Patrick day

The Green Axis

Q: "I don't understand. Is the river green, since it's Saint Patrick's Day, or is it green because Saint Patrick's Day is now 'coordinated' with water pollution?"
A: "Where have you been? The answer is, 'both.'"
Q: "What if I thought it was green, because it's just plain dirty (like toxic waste green)? Who would then make the Saint Patrick's Day connection?"
A: "Only you."

This is why eco-liberals have the liberty now to say things like, You know, Leatherface (that iconic horror film avatar), the psychopathic chainsaw-wielding cannibal from Tobe Hooper's freakish but fun 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974),' could be wielding that chainsaw with an eco-terrorism statement like, "I'd rather rip up people than tear down trees with this handy-dandy chainsaw."

Maybe the new recruits for the IRA (Irish Republican Army) wear distinctive green-colored raincoats now to signify their devotion to their cause, their appreciation for green-colored novelties in Irish folklore/culture, and their newfound commitment to eco-activism.

They should light the Eiffel Tower with green lights for Earth Day.

There should be more prominent Irish comic book superheroes. Superman (DC Comics) and Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) are both regular Americans. Captain America (Marvel Comics) has Irish heritage, but no one seems to care.

:afro:

Saint Patrick's Day (Wikipedia)

Forum List

Back