'They deserve jail time': Mom of infant accidentally shot at party wants justice

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
1. I have sympathy for this little girl because she's been traumatized and apparently needed 2 surgeries/ And because the adults in her environment are so stupid

2. I'm not sure what justice looks like to the mother since the shooter was arrested and is facing charges unless she wants the lawful owner & CPL holder to face charges as well. The only way I can imagine that happening is if the person he handed his weapon to was a prohibited person (and he knew or should have known that he was).

3. Although I do not condone the beahvior of any of the people involved, the reason I posted this story is because it (sort of) reminds me of those individuals who want legal firearm owners to pay when someone else get hurt. While in this case, the infant was injured with his owner's weapon however what was an infant doing at an adult party where "marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol" were present?

TACOMA, Wash. - - The mother of a baby who was accidentally shot during a house party Saturday night in rural Olympia is in shock and wants to see those responsible to face jail time. The infant's babysitter was also wounded.

Samantha Allen says the gun owner, her neighbor, has a concealed weapons permit. But someone else was holding the weapon when it went off.

The infant had surgery Sunday and is expected to have another surgery Monday.

“Just looking at my child hooked up to two IVs,” said Allen from the baby's hospital room at Tacoma's Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. “This is my baby, my everything.”

The shooting happened Saturday night at a party involving six adults, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol, according to the Thurston County Sheriff's Office. Allen, who was at work, learned that one of those people was her 40-year-old neighbor. He has a concealed weapons permit and was carrying a loaded and holstered 9 mm handgun.​

Da fuq kind of responsibly-armed permit holder goes to a party where marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol are present, then un-holsters his weapon and hands it off to someone else? The guy deserves to be dick-slapped.

That's some industrial-strength idiocy there. The only time my weapon comes out of its holster is if I need to use it to defend my own life, or the lives of my family members.

That's some industrial-strength idiocy there. The only time my weapon comes out of its holster is if I need to use it to defend my own life, or the lives of my family members.
Ah. A purely instinctive shooter, eh?

Ah. A purely instinctive shooter, eh?

Hard to tell, as I haven't needed to perforate anyone yet.

1. I have sympathy for this little girl because she's been traumatized and apparently needed 2 surgeries/ And because the adults in her environment are so stupid

2. I'm not sure what justice looks like to the mother since the shooter was arrested and is facing charges unless she wants the lawful owner & CPL holder to face charges as well. The only way I can imagine that happening is if the person he handed his weapon to was a prohibited person (and he knew or should have known that he was).

3. Although I do not condone the beahvior of any of the people involved, the reason I posted this story is because it (sort of) reminds me of those individuals who want legal firearm owners to pay when someone else get hurt. While in this case, the infant was injured with his owner's weapon however what was an infant doing at an adult party where "marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol" were present?

TACOMA, Wash. - - The mother of a baby who was accidentally shot during a house party Saturday night in rural Olympia is in shock and wants to see those responsible to face jail time. The infant's babysitter was also wounded.

Samantha Allen says the gun owner, her neighbor, has a concealed weapons permit. But someone else was holding the weapon when it went off.

The infant had surgery Sunday and is expected to have another surgery Monday.

“Just looking at my child hooked up to two IVs,” said Allen from the baby's hospital room at Tacoma's Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. “This is my baby, my everything.”

The shooting happened Saturday night at a party involving six adults, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol, according to the Thurston County Sheriff's Office. Allen, who was at work, learned that one of those people was her 40-year-old neighbor. He has a concealed weapons permit and was carrying a loaded and holstered 9 mm handgun.​

Maybe she should find a more suitable babysitter? That's where the blame needs to be placed.

Forum List

Back