They changed America before with the Children's Crusade in 1963, now David Hogg &Co will do it again

Hogg is a little baby juvenile. As far as the Children's Crusade...

"The Children's Crusade was a disastrous popular crusade by European Christians to regain the Holy Land from the Muslims, said to have taken place in 1212. The crusaders left areas of Northern France, led by Stephen of Cloyes, and Germany, led by Nicholas. The traditional narrative is likely conflated from some factual and mythical events which include the visions by a French boy and a German boy, an intention to peacefully convert Muslims in the Holy Land to Christianity, bands of children marching to Italy, and children being sold into slavery. Many children were tricked by merchants and sailed over to what they thought were the holy lands but, in reality, were slave markets."

Children's Crusade - Wikipedia

two thirds of millenials believe concealed carry makes them safer. i give up. i surrender. the NRA have won!

ā€œNothing in my entire life has affected me that much ā€” ever. Not only am I a different person, but I was robbed of my innocence.ā€ - David Hogg

'History shows that kids, with their innocence, honesty and moral urgency, can shame adults into discovering their conscience. It worked in Birmingham. During the childrenā€™s crusade, young people swarmed in to redirect the arc of history.

we shared many of the same basic feelings of adolescence: unbounded idealism, courage unclouded by ā€˜practicalā€™ concerns, faith and optimism untrampled by the ā€˜realitiesā€™ of the adult world.' - John Lewis

"But the Birmingham movement was flagging. In need of a radical shift in strategy, James Bevel, an adviser to King, recommended turning young blacks into foot soldiers for equal rights. King was hesitant, fearing for the childrenā€™s safety. He prayed and reflected and finally accepted that putting children in danger could help determine their future.

they were laughing and singing and carrying handmade picket signs reading ā€œSegregation is a sinā€ and ā€œIā€™ll die to make this land my home.

By the end of the day, under Bull Connorā€™s orders, more than 500 kids were behind bars charged with parading without a permit, some 75 youngsters crammed into cells meant for eight adults.

On May 2, 1963, the first day of the Birmingham childrenā€™s crusade, some 800 students skipped class, high-schoolers all the way down to first-graders. Sneaking over the fences, they scampered to the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, the marchā€™s staging ground. (Four months later, the church would be dynamited by the Ku Klux Klan, killing four black girls.)"

The childrenā€™s crusade was national news. The Birmingham movement had been revived. And President John F. Kennedy was now paying attention.

It was then that the president and the attorney general began considering a path toward comprehensive civil rights legislation. Until students took to the streets, John Kennedy had failed to act; for two and a half years, he had been slow to recognize the plight of blacks in America. Throughout his brief term, he had been focused on other matters: foreign affairs, the national economy, the space program. But now his eyes had been opened.

ā€œLooking back,ā€ King wrote later, ā€œit is clear that the introduction of Birminghamā€™s children into the campaign was one of the wisest moves we made. It brought a new impact to the crusade, and the impetus that we needed to win the struggle.ā€
Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights

get a red tomato. feel it's heft. consider it's origins.

there's a fair chance it was picked in Florida, home to a 600 million dollar tomato industry, and if so, it was picked in Immokalee, in hot southwest Florida, if so, a fair chance it was picked by someone who not that many years ago was a slave.

by the hands of migrant workers from Mexico, who were abused physically & sexually, paid by the bucket and not the punishing hours in the field, yet whose meager wages were routinely stolen by their bosses, and who were pistol-whipped and chained in locked containers if they complained. POWERLESSNESS!

these workers had NO RECOURSE. NO ADVOCATES. NO FLUENCY IN ENGLISH. they were socially dead to the rest of the United States.

in 2001, they organized the 1st ever farmworker boycott of a fast-food company, against Taco Bell, 4 years later TB agreed to raise wages

the buyers agreed to contribute some of the pittance they once squeezed from their workers to a common fund for worker health and worker safety and worker education. WalMart joined the effort in 2014. 10 million dollars has been paid into the fund.

the pickers of Immokalee fought for a fair chance, and they're still fighting.

my fellow millenials, the old generation is a thing of the past, forget them, but WE have a bright future!

So since Hogg isnā€™t innocent, honest, or moral who is going to shame people?

"He was in seventh grade, and, needing one more sale to qualify for a prize, he decided to buy himself a subscription to Guns & Ammo, which looked less boring than the alternatives. While flipping through the magazine one day, he came across a column written by Charlton Heston, the movie star turned gun-rights activist. It was, he recalled, ā€œthe first conservative writing Iā€™d ever read.ā€

Growing up in the so-called Peopleā€™s Republic of Santa Monica as the son of well-off Jewish Democratsā€”his father was a lawyer and real-estate investor, his mother a homemakerā€”Miller was uninitiated in conservative thought. But the magazine piqued his curiosity. Guns & Ammo led him to Wayne LaPierreā€™s book Guns, Crime, and Freedom, which he devoured, enraptured by the blunt force of the authorā€™s prose. (ā€œClearly, the Warsaw ghetto stands in history as a shining example of the dangers of gun control.ā€) ā€œI remember thinking to myself, If what I believe is true is so wrong on these issues ā€¦ what else could I be wrong about?,ā€ Miller told me." - profile of Trump advisor Stephen Miller

folks become conservatives because they like guns, then they become advisors in the Trump administration!

enough is enough. VOTE THEM ALL OUT! no more Republicans. no more Democrats. vote every single politician who is linked with NRA out.
/ā€”ā€”/ The NRA just hit 6 million members. Keep up the good work gun grabbers. Letā€™s make it 7 million.

enough is enough. VOTE THEM ALL OUT! no more Republicans. no more Democrats. vote every single politician who is linked with NRA out.
/ā€”ā€”/ The NRA just hit 6 million members. Keep up the good work gun grabbers. Letā€™s make it 7 million.

what the heck. 6 million?! i give up. i might as well live fast, die young, and leave a pretty corpse.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

we have a cultural problem with violence. we are a violent country. we're violent. if we don't change the culture, we won't change the violence, or stop the violence, rather.

So why are all these law abiding regions of the country (full of regular citizens who own and carry guns) so peaceful?

let the record show the NRA is calling places like Stoneman Dougman High School "peaceful"

we have a cultural problem with violence. we are a violent country. we're violent. if we don't change the culture, we won't change the violence, or stop the violence, rather.

So why are all these law abiding regions of the country (full of regular citizens who own and carry guns) so peaceful?

let the record show the NRA is calling places like Stoneman Dougman High School "peaceful"

Let the record show:
Federalist 46:
Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes. But were the people to possess the additional advantages of local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect the national will and direct the national force, and of officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments, and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite of the legions which surround it.

Battle of Athens (1946) - Wikipedia
In 1936 the E. H. Crump political machine, which occupied Tennessee, appeared in McMinn County with the introduction of Paul Cantrell as the Democratic candidate for sheriff.[6] Cantrell, who came from a family of money and influence in nearby Etowah, tied his campaign closely to the popularity of the Roosevelt administration and rode FDR's coattails to victory over his Republican opponent in what came to be known as "vote grab of 1936" which delivered McMinn County to Tennessee's Crump Machine.[6] Paul Cantrell was elected sheriff in the 1936, 1938, and 1940 elections, and was elected to the state senate in 1942 and 1944, while his former deputy, Pat Mansfield, a transplanted Georgian, was elected sheriff.[6] A state law enacted in 1941 reduced local political opposition to Crump's officials by reducing the number of voting precincts from 23 to 12 and reducing the number of justices of the peace from fourteen to seven (including four "Cantrell men").[5] The sheriff and his deputies worked under a fee system whereby they received money for every person they booked, incarcerated, and released; the more arrests, the more money they made.[5] Because of this fee system, there was extensive "fee grabbing" from tourists and travelers.[7] Buses passing through the county were often pulled over and the passengers were randomly ticketed for drunkenness, whether guilty or not.[5] Between 1936 and 1946, these fees amounted to almost $300,000.[7]

Citizens of McMinn County had long been concerned about political corruption and possible election fraud though some of the complaints, especially at first, may have been partisan carping.[5][8] The U.S. Department of Justice had investigated allegations of electoral fraud in 1940, 1942, and 1944, but had not taken action.[5] Voter fraud and vote control perpetuated McMinn County's political problems. Manipulation of the poll tax and the counting of the votes were the primary methods, but it was not uncommon for votes from the dead to appear in McMinn County elections.[7] The political problems were further entrenched by economic corruption of political figures enabled by the gambling and boot legging they permitted. Most of McMinn County's young men were fighting in World War II, allowing appointment of some ex-convicts as deputies.[7] These deputies, among many others, furthered the political machine's goals and ran roughshod over the citizens of the county.[7] While the machine controlled the law enforcement, its control also extended to the newspapers and schools. When asked if the local newspaper the Daily Post-Athenian supported the GIs, Bill White, a veteran, replied: "No, they didn't help us none." White elaborated: "Mansfield had complete control of everything, schools and everything else. You couldn't even get hired as a schoolteacher without their okay, or any other job."[9]

Estimates of the number of veterans besieging the jail vary from several hundred[20] to as high as 2,000.[15] Bill White had at least 60 under his command. White split his group with Buck Landers taking up position at the bank overlooking the jail while White took the rest by the Post Office.[19]

Just as the estimates of people involved vary widely, accounts of how the Battle of Athens began and its actual course disagree.

Edgerton and Williams recall that when the men reached the jail, it was barricaded and manned by 55 deputies. The veterans demanded the ballot boxes but were refused. They then opened fire on the jail, initiating a battle that lasted several hours by some accounts,[15][20] considerably less by others.[22]

As Lones Selber, author of the 1985 American Heritage magazine article wrote: "Opinion differs on exactly how the challenge was issued." White says he was the one to call it out: "Would you damn bastards bring those damn ballot boxes out here or we are going to set siege against the jail and blow it down!" Moments later the night exploded in automatic weapons fire punctuated by shotgun blasts. "I fired the first shot," White claimed, "then everybody started shooting from our side." A deputy ran for the jail. "I shot him; he wheeled and fell inside of the jail."[5]

In 2000 Bill White claimed he said "Boys, ... I'm going to tell them to bring the ballot box out of there, and if they don't we're gonna open up on them.' I hollered in there, I said, 'You damn thieve grabbers, bring them damn ballot boxes out of there.' 'That's just what I said. He didn't make a move down there and finally one of them said, 'By God I heard a bolt click.' Down thereā€”one of them grabbers did, you knowā€”they started scattering around. And I had a pistol in my belt with a shotgun. I had a shotgun and a rifle. And I pulled the pistol out and started firing down there at them. Well, when I did that, all that whole line up there started firing down there in there. A lot of them got in the jail, some of them didn't, some of them got shot laying outside. And the battle started."[19]

Byrum wrote in 1984 "One shot from the jail, which in previous years would have been enough to disperse any objectionable crowd, was answered by a volley of fire that continued for hours." Then his history of McMinn County breezes over the battle proper and goes immediately to 3:30 AM when the deputies surrendered.[21]

The day after the battle, the New York Times front page reported a Sheriff had been killed, and that the shooting had started with a shot through a jail window and with the demand the hostages be released. Then the Times reported the deputies refused and the siege ensued. The account followed, revealing the Times's source as Lowell F. Arterburn, publisher of The Athens Post Athenian. Arterburn reported shots being fired, 2,000 persons milling around and "at least a score of fist fights were in progress."[23]

An attempt by deputies outside the jail to reinforce (or take refuge in) the jail was thwarted by Bill White's "fighting band". Some people in the jail managed to escape out the back door.[19] The fleeing people threw down their weapons and ran off, so White ordered his forces not to shoot the escapees.[24] One of the escapees was George Woods who had telephoned Birch Biggs, the boss of next door Polk County, requesting that Biggs send reinforcements to break the siege. Biggs replied "Do you think I'm crazy?"[5]

For the veterans it was win before morning or face a long time in jail for violating local, state and federal laws.[21] Rumors spread that the National Guard or State Troopers were coming.[5] White made hourly demands for surrender. The GIs attempted to fire the jail with Molotov cocktails but were not able to throw them far enough to reach the jail.[19] The GIs decided to resort to dynamite. At about that time an ambulance pulled up to the jail. The GIs assumed it was called to remove the wounded and held fire. Two men jumped in, and it sped off carrying Paul Cantrell and Sheriff Mansfield to safety out of town.[5]

Then the dynamite was deployed. Bill White said, "We'd put two or three sticks of dynamite together and tape it together and put a cap in there and a fuse. And we'd rear back and throw them. Well, we couldn't get them all the way to the jail, but we got them out to them cars. They'd blow them cars up in the air and turn them over and land them back on the top. Several cars down there were blowing up."[24] That first bomb landed under Bob Dunn's cruiser, flipping it on its back.[5] Bill White, commander of the "fighting bunch" knew the GIs had to do better: "I ... said, 'We're going to have to get some charges up there on that jail.' I said, 'Make a couple charges there.... We'll go down there and we'll place some charges.' So I made up a couple charges and I crawled up and put a charge on the jailhouse porch."[24] In fact three bombs went off almost simultaneously. One destroyed Mansfield's car, one landed on the jail porch roof, and one went off against the jail wall. The bombs caused some damage to the jail and scattered debris.[5] The larger bomb placed by Bill White against the jail wall did the job.

As with the beginning of the battle accounts of the end differ: American Heritage states, "In the end, the door of the jail was dynamited and breached. The barricaded deputiesā€”some with injuriesā€”surrendered, and the ballot boxes were recovered."

During the war, two service men on leave were shot and killed by Cantrell thugs

The Republic will Rise Again:

Last edited:
The N.R.A. sponsored armed citizen/militia patrols are doing wonders. What brave, giving souls!

....my fellow millenials, the old generation is a thing of the past, forget them, but WE have a bright future!

Careful. Get too far out of line and the brightness may be red, wet, and flowing out of your chest.

Your generstion's time WILL come (long after I'm dead) , but not for many years. Until then you need to respect (and fear) your elders (and betters) or you folks might not be around long enough to see that time arrive.
You are such the epitome of a keyboard internet tough guy it's disgusting. Why don't you go make your veiled threats somewhere else, blood-luster....

If anything, your demented as fuck views are good to get out in the open - but go ahead and do it in real life there, tigress

You are such the epitome of a keyboard internet tough guy it's disgusting. Why don't you go make your veiled threats somewhere else, blood-luster....

If anything, your demented as fuck views are good to get out in the open - but go ahead and do it in real life there, tigress

There's a fight comin' in this country GT. Probably not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But soon, and violently.

It won't be a battle of words or political rhetoric. It won't be North vs South, blue vs grey or even colored vs white. It will be one of brother vs brother and father vs son. Progressive vs Conservative.

It will be a battle of blood and gore and death in the streets. A battle of extermination, and when it's over only one side will remain.

A house divided amongst itself cannot stand. This nation. Has been divided for far too long and soon its gonna reach the point of no return.

There's a fight comin' in this country GT. Probably not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But soon, and violently.

It won't be a battle of words or political rhetoric. It won't be North vs South, blue vs grey or even colored vs white. It will be one of brother vs brother and father vs son. Progressive vs Conservative.

It will be a battle of blood and gore and death in the streets. A battle of extermination, and when it's over only one side will remain.

A house divided amongst itself cannot stand. This nation. Has been divided for far too long and soon its gonna reach the point of no return.
Or - you're a drama queen that admittedly hits his wife. I won't hold my breath on the former, Nancy.

Or - you're a drama queen that admittedly hits his wife. I won't hold my breath on the former, Nancy.

Whatever you care to believe, GT. Your opinion has no more value to me than the product of the Southern end of a pair of North-bound oxen.

Forum List

Back