They came first!

A boycott is a non violent method of showing displeasure. I am sympathetic to the people of Arizona, but don't for a minute believe they're under seige as suggested by one of the lesser lights of the RW Fringe.
Most illegal aliens are not here to commit violent crime, they are seeking work as a means of supporting their families. Our border should be secure and Federal Efforts to do so have been unsuccessful. This is not a new issue, and to blame the Obama Administration (as another of the lesser lights suggests Obama should, STFU) is partisan bull shit.
Immigration is a Federal matter and the Congress ought to do something about it. Iit is a wedge issue the R's hope to exploit in 2010, so the party of NO will be it's usual self and will stonewall any and all suggested solutions.
The Court(s) will overturn the Arizona Law; the State has no jurisdiction to enforce immigration laws (can you imagine if each of the 50 states determined who comes in and who doesn't) and on its face seems to violate the fourth and fouteenth amendments.

There a legal and an illegal means to immigrate here. Do you actively support breaking the law?

Nope. I would actively support Arizona making it a felony for anyone to hire an illegal alien. So the crowds of young men hanging outside of Home Depot may go home, simply because Joe Six Pack understands to hire cheap labor ain't cheap no more - the day jobs might go away quickly.
I'd make sure the owners of small and large business' understand the cost of hiring cheap labor, by increasing fines and imposing jail (or even prison) sentences for the executive management of large firms who violate the law.
Without work many of those young men may turn to crime, particularly drug sales and transportation. I support the Feds removing Marijuana from the list of Schedule I drugs and allow Arizona (and all other states) to decide if M should be legally possessed and sold and under what terms and conditions.
I'd support anyone arrested for a crime to provide proof of citizenship at arraignment, and if the court determined illegal status that the complaint/information be amended to add an enhancement.
There is much to be done that can be done without violating the rights of citizens, as is likely under the recently passed law.

Will you also punish the local public school for allowing an Illegal to enroll their child, or the local hospital for treating an Illegal?

There a legal and an illegal means to immigrate here. Do you actively support breaking the law?

Nope. I would actively support Arizona making it a felony for anyone to hire an illegal alien. So the crowds of young men hanging outside of Home Depot may go home, simply because Joe Six Pack understands to hire cheap labor ain't cheap no more - the day jobs might go away quickly.
I'd make sure the owners of small and large business' understand the cost of hiring cheap labor, by increasing fines and imposing jail (or even prison) sentences for the executive management of large firms who violate the law.
Without work many of those young men may turn to crime, particularly drug sales and transportation. I support the Feds removing Marijuana from the list of Schedule I drugs and allow Arizona (and all other states) to decide if M should be legally possessed and sold and under what terms and conditions.
I'd support anyone arrested for a crime to provide proof of citizenship at arraignment, and if the court determined illegal status that the complaint/information be amended to add an enhancement.
There is much to be done that can be done without violating the rights of citizens, as is likely under the recently passed law.

Will you also punish the local public school for allowing an Illegal to enroll their child, or the local hospital for treating an Illegal?

The school yes, the hospital no.

A boycott is a non violent method of showing displeasure. I am sympathetic to the people of Arizona, but don't for a minute believe they're under seige as suggested by one of the lesser lights of the RW Fringe.
Most illegal aliens are not here to commit violent crime, they are seeking work as a means of supporting their families. Our border should be secure and Federal Efforts to do so have been unsuccessful. This is not a new issue, and to blame the Obama Administration (as another of the lesser lights suggests Obama should, STFU) is partisan bull shit.
Immigration is a Federal matter and the Congress ought to do something about it. Iit is a wedge issue the R's hope to exploit in 2010, so the party of NO will be it's usual self and will stonewall any and all suggested solutions.
The Court(s) will overturn the Arizona Law; the State has no jurisdiction to enforce immigration laws (can you imagine if each of the 50 states determined who comes in and who doesn't) and on its face seems to violate the fourth and fouteenth amendments.

The question above is a red herring? The correct question is: will you tell your legislators their vote from you depends on one issue ~ actively working for immigration reform.

Forum List

Back