They came first!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

'We learn from history that we learn nothing from history"
"Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it"

Boycott Arizona.

THEN THEY CAME for me

Boycott Arizona.

Ya cause well we should not EVER enforce our own immigration laws. You are as fucking stupid as they come.

Funny how these lefty dimmies want us to be like every other country out there but they don't believe we should enforce our immigration laws as thoroughly as other countries do.

Do some research on how tough it is to move to another country.

"No", then don't. But I never expected you CG to actually think beyond the emotion of the moment. Hate, Fear - works everytime with 'your kind'.

You have no idea what 'your kind' is, moron.

I don't hate anyone. No one is that important that I should waste time 'hating'. It is the accusation of the moronic. What you don't understand, you must label. That's because you're a fool.

They came first for the Illegal Aliens
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't an Illegal Alien

Then they came for the Non-Living,
and I didn't speak up because I was living

Then they made me show ID when I voted,
and I didn't speak up because I had a valid drivers license and only voted once.

Then we had an election
And Democrats lost every single race

THEN THEY CAME for me

Boycott Arizona.

I love that poem, WryCatcher. I can appreciate the suffering of Latinos (legal, illegal, residing in other nations but hoping to move here, planning to remain on where they are -- and anyone else I have forgotten to list). I truely can.

But it is the AMERICAN Southwest. It is not a no-mans-land where people of any nation can flow freely back and forth across the border. No other nation's residents view themselves as having some "inalienable right to American citizenship". The idea is absurd.

People used to cry when they first saw Lady Liberty as their ships sailed into NY Harbor because coming here was a dream of theirs and it had come true. Is is so terribly wrong to ask a Latino who does not live here -- or does not live here legally -- to address himself to the same immigration laws and processes as any other immigrant? We have turned away Canadians we thought might have AIDS. Why is it so wrong to impose restrictions on Latinos for health or safety or even economic reasons?

I think Latinos are growing more vitriolic in their rhetoric about immigration because they are desperate to get out of their own nations -- and who can blame them? I'm not certain what all foreign policy initiatives the US should adopt towards Latin American nations. Repealing the US drug laws seems like an obvious first step, but much more is clearly needed. I hardly know what is happening in Mexico (except that it is terrible) and have no idea what is happening in other nations...but there are people who do.

We should be regarding Mexico as an essential ally whose well-being we will protect in the same way we view Israel as such. If we don't address this soon, Americans in the Southwest are golng to begin fleeing themselves...and where the hell is that going to end?

Boycott Arizona? Why add to the suffering of Americans caught in the cross-fire? What have they done, apart from try and defend themselves?

I just cannot agree with your call to action.

Last edited:

THEN THEY CAME for me

Boycott Arizona.

You do that. Thanks in Advance.

THEN THEY CAME for me

Boycott Arizona.

Why? Because they believe in enforcing the law? Because they're sick of the damn war being waged on them by illegal aliens? Because they decided enough was enough and decided to do something about it?

Take your bleeding heart, open borders, new world order bull shit and shove it up your ass moron.

They came first for the Tea Partiers....

Nuff said.

Illeagals are breaking the law. It is the job of john law to chase them down.

And there does seem to be a concerted effort to suppress the legal exercise of freedom of assembly and speech of the tea party people.

If you think the law is stupid, fight to change it.

Thanks to all the RW Frigers posting in response to this OP. Never did I suspect proof in such numbers of the stupidity of 'your kind'.
First, I support enforcement of our immigration laws. Fact, I ran the domestic violence unit and we routinely arrested illegals for DV and notified INS (now ICE) and were ignored (this in the days of Bush&Co.). In California there are many illegal aliens on probation, parole and in prison and county jails. It is the responsibility of the Federal Government to enforce immigration law, not locals.
INS would ignore us or pick up the person and either (1) transport them to the border and say "sin no more" and let them go, or (2) transport them to Arizona where they had an immigration hearing and then take them to the border and say "sin no more". Proof, if INS/ICE did there job the illegals would be in Federal Prison or in State Prison but paid for by the Feds.
The reason I believe 'your kind' is stupid is 'your kind' wont even consider the consequences of changing policy/law from Probable Cause to a Reasonable Suspicion; you allow emotions to effect your judgment on a very serious matter - 'your kind' are the willfully ignorant, btw.
If I'm on partrol and see a vehicle with an expired tag, might it not be reasonable to assume the driver is not a law abiding citizen? And once I've made that decision the Arizona law (suggests) I have a legal right to stop and investigate the 'suspect' on matters unrelated to the vehicle code. Why not check with IRS to determine if the law breaker has not paid his income tax? Or search said vehicle because I reasonably assume a law breaker represents an imminent risk to me and to the community?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

THEN THEY CAME for me

Boycott Arizona.

Why? Because they believe in enforcing the law? Because they're sick of the damn war being waged on them by illegal aliens? Because they decided enough was enough and decided to do something about it?

Take your bleeding heart, open borders, new world order bull shit and shove it up your ass moron.

The law is unconstitional, and will never stand. And if you think it will, well you are more of an idiot than I thought.

"Illegal aliens are not American citizens" -- CF

What about the legals they will stop using "reasonable cause"?

I guess if they are latino, you don't care about their constitutional rights?

What about the fact a state has no business being involved in federal matters, and is unconstituional in trying to interfere with federal matters?

Forum List

Back