~They Call This Art~

Its real late.
didnt get a chance to actually stop by the sentinel.
however,for real....upon phone call...
the sentinel advises upon everyone contacting them..
that for real,it was a raised up enough issue....
at minimal,theyre going to issue a cease and desist..
while they figure out what to do.
take this seriously.
anymore shit any one finds on any intellectual property
please contact them asap.

34316_128371367198186_100000759716724_135682_3462048_n.jpg

"Transitions", oil on panel, 36"x62", In the Collection of the National Geographic Society, All Rights Reserved. Robert A.M. Stephens is a registered trademark.

One of my most iconic paintings I've done, in the Bitterroot Valley, Montana, my home place, once upon a time.........

Robert

FRAUD, and LIAR!!!!!! Got you!

According to Julie Crain of the National Geographic Society, they have no record of this painting... period.

My email to NGS (privatge information redacted...)

Sent to [email protected]
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to find out if the National Geographic Society has the following painting/artist in it's collection.

The Painting is supposedly called "Transitions", it's an oil on panel, 36"x62", and is supposedly by an artist named Robert AM Stephens. If you could direct me to the department that might be able to tell me if this painting is in your collection, I'd appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

REDACTED
[email protected]

Their replay today (took a while)...
Received from [email protected]
Thank you for contacting the National Geographic Society.

We have no information on the painting to which you refer. It is not part of our in-house collection, and I show no record of it having been published in one of our publications.

Thank you for your interest in the National Geographic Society.

Sincerely yours,

Julie Crain
National Geographic Society

Every post I have made on this site, exposing your fraud, is proven correct.

I win.

Everytime this thread gets bumped into active topics, I click on it and see the avatar of Robert_Stephens when I scroll back to click on active topics again.

That avatar just gets creepier and creepier each time I see it.

Seriously.

:eek:

Everytime this thread gets bumped into active topics, I click on it and see the avatar of Robert_Stephens when I scroll back to click on active topics again.

That avatar just gets creepier and creepier each time I see it.

Seriously.

:eek:

Tip of the fedora si modo!

"Transitions", oil on panel, 36"x62", In the Collection of the National Geographic Society, All Rights Reserved. Robert A.M. Stephens is a registered trademark.

One of my most iconic paintings I've done, in the Bitterroot Valley, Montana, my home place, once upon a time.........

Robert

According to Julie Crain of the National Geographic Society, they have no record of this painting... period.

Hi,

I am trying to find out if the National Geographic Society has the following painting/artist in it's collection.

The Painting is supposedly called "Transitions", it's an oil on panel, 36"x62", and is supposedly by an artist named Robert AM Stephens. If you could direct me to the department that might be able to tell me if this painting is in your collection, I'd appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

REDACTED
[email protected]

We have no information on the painting to which you refer. It is not part of our in-house collection, and I show no record of it having been published in one of our publications.

Sincerely yours,

Julie Crain

I win.

The paining acutely looks like a depiction of the Bambi fire scene in a style very similar to Thomas Kinkade. I don't know if TK ever did a "Babmi fire scene" though.

I find it interesting.....becasue TK died on April 7th... two days before his post of the pic.

:dunno:

Last edited:

Robert

Sincerely yours,

Julie Crain

I win.

The paining acutely looks like a depiction of the Bambi fire scene in a style very similar to Thomas Kinkade. I don't know if TK ever did a "Babmi fire scene" though.

I find it interesting.....becasue TK died on April 7th... two days before his post of the pic.

:dunno:

I don't think Kinkade did a lot of nature stuff.

Here is my personal favorite Kinkade painting...
2688560981_d10d69e124.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Robert

Hi,

Sincerely,

REDACTED
[email protected]

Sincerely yours,

Julie Crain

I win.

Nothing to say, Fraud? No 'see? This proves you are 187% wrong'?

Nothing?

Thought as much.

Artists have always relied on patrons. Popes, Kings, and governments. I hope that art is always accessible to the many, not just those with means.

Those who do not appreciate great art are living a shadow existence. There's more to life than what we, ourselves can produce.

And, to quote Beverly Sills, art is the signature of a civilization.

Bev was a clever wit...she was a friend when she lived in Milton, Ma. One time we were discussing Bill Baird, the pro contraception dude and she said: "He's a tough pill to swallow!"

Last edited:
I have done this once before with another woo-woo, Art Bell, after he sued me for $60,000,000 after having me on his radio show many times. He lost and is no longer living in the US.

I know this is an old thread, but I felt compelled to comment on this. I have known of Stephens for many years, and was around for the Art Bell feud.

Stephens was sued by Bell for defamation. When Stephens was being served, the story is he basically hid in a closet and refused service. Bell basically gave up the lawsuit. He didn't "lose", and whether or not he lives in the US has nothing to do with it.

Stephens was on Art Bells radio show twice to my knowledge. That doesn't=many times. He was bascially thrown off both times. He went on to defame Bell on other radio shows and the internet.

Regarding Stephens and his infamous fedora he "tips" to any chick that posts a word in his direction - he has claimed the hat was given to him by none other than Harrison Ford in trade for a painting(s). He also claims it was THE hat worn by Ford in the movies. His bullshit has no bounds...

Artists who produce "great art" don't need government money because "great art" sells.

And anyone can see all the art they want in a museum and museums can be privately run.
Who's going to buy the Sistine ceiling? What's the price for d'Vinci's Last Supper? What would you plan to do with Rivera's murals in Rockefeller Center after you buy them?

Great art requires patronage. The art that sells to the masses is usually on black velvet and displayed along side a van in the Home Depot parking lot.

Someone would buy them and then they could do whatever the hell they wanted with them including locking them away in a bunker or burning them for all I care.

And if art requires patronage then let someone who wants to foot the bill do it. i don't want to spend my money on some slack hack of a so called artist.

I have no interest in censoring anyone but I also have no interest in footing the bill for something I neither need nor want.

While I agree with you in theory, the sad fact is, most people in the modern world rarely pay for their art. Downloading, copying, photographing, and reproduction is endemic and problematic. Making a living as an artist is unrealistic side by side modern technologies. How much did you pay for the art work in your avatar. My mistake, did you make that artwork yourself?

There is still a market for art. Not so much in the US because we don't appreciate art as much as the rest of the world. We certainly don't teach art appreciation so much. Which is a very good reason for the government to stop financial support of all art. Return it to patronage and the market. Art is subject to the same sense of fairness as flipping burgers. Why should one person be paid more than another for a piece of artwork. If the government supports art, they can equalize the outcome if not the talent.

Forum List

Back