They call it art

Merlin1047 said:
Just a damn minute. I don't do scatological stuff. This was crapological art. You don't even know the difference.And you call yourself educated. You don't know shit from shinola.

You're joking, right?

Look up "scatological" in the dictionary.

Kindest regards,

A

CivilLiberty said:
You're joking, right?

Look up "scatological" in the dictionary.

Kindest regards,

A

Yes, dumbass, I WAS joking.

No doubt you flunked humor 101.

I'm familiar with the definition of scatological. Why don't you look up "pompous ass". You don't need a dictionary. Just use a mirror.

CivilLiberty said:
The US dollar IS only as good as the world currency market makes it, so yes.

A

So that means art is only as good or influencial as a handful of people say it is, and that was my point. Sounds vacant to me?

Merlin1047 said:
Yes, dumbass, I WAS joking.
No doubt you flunked humor 101.
I'm familiar with the definition of scatological. Why don't you look up "pompous ass". You don't need a dictionary. Just use a mirror.

Did you go to school to be a self righteous jackass, or did you just take a correspondence course off the back of a matchbook?

A

CivilLiberty said:
Did you go to school to be a self righteous jackass, or did you just take a correspondence course off the back of a matchbook?

A

Neither, Fontleroy. I guess you just bring out the best in people.

I suppose that I should develop a tolerance for being talked down to by a smug, elitist, windbag with a superiority complex.

I'll work on it.

Trust me. :321:

Merlin1047 said:

I suppose that I should develop a tolerance for being talked down to by a smug, elitist, windbag with a superiority complex.

I'll work on it.

Trust me. :321:

Damn Merlin...if you'd just take a minute to "FEEL" his pain
you'd understand. Well, at least that's what I hear.:rolleyes: :laugh:

CivilLiberty said:
Yes of course, like many things.

Welcome to the human condition.

A

Im not so sure that represents all that emcompasses the human condition.........Many can see things for what they really are.

Maybe you have been in Hollywood a little too long???

Bonnie said:
Im not so sure that represents all that emcompasses the human condition.........Many can see things for what they really are.

Bonnie, I never suggested that that one statement encompasses the entire human condition - but it is certainly one aspect of it.

Art, science, religion, and many things attempt to state "what is real" or "what is true" or to "validate a perception".

And if you think it vacuous, I submit that that is also a function of perception and perspective.

Some people consider the Bible a vacuous book of lies. Other see it as a way to live their lives. The difference is perception and perspective.

Bonnie said:
Maybe you have been in Hollywood a little too long???

I'm pretty sure I've been in Hollywood a bit too long - New Orleans is a city I think fondly of, and I may return there to live someday.

Regards

A

Merlin1047 said:

I don't recall talking down to you prior to my ad hominem in this thread - though I'm sure you'll point it out.

As a side note, my CFI was an Army Cobra pilot - I am impressed that the Army has the best safety record of all the services - What do you attribute that to?

A

CivilLiberty said:
Bonnie, I never suggested that that one statement encompasses the entire human condition - but it is certainly one aspect of it.

Art, science, religion, and many things attempt to state "what is real" or "what is true" or to "validate a perception".

And if you think it vacuous, I submit that that is also a function of perception and perspective.

Some people consider the Bible a vacuous book of lies. Other see it as a way to live their lives. The difference is perception and perspective.

I'm pretty sure I've been in Hollywood a bit too long - New Orleans is a city I think fondly of, and I may return there to live someday.

Regards

A

Hmm, Hollywood to Voodoo Vampire land, that might be jumping from the pan into the fire??? J/k New Orleans is quite a beautiful and interesting city!!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back