THey aren't gonna take your guns

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
The assault weapons ban is on the manufacture of assault weapons for civilian use. If you already have one, you're allowed to keep it. If you don't have one and want one, you'll be allowed to buy one on the market provided it was legal when manufactured (during a period with no ban and otherwise legal). The ban is only on the manufacture.

At least, that is the ban that expired in 2004.

I'm pretty sure Congress has the authority to regulate commerce.

The assault weapons ban is on the manufacture of assault weapons for civilian use. If you already have one, you're allowed to keep it. If you don't have one and want one, you'll be allowed to buy one on the market provided it was legal when manufactured (during a period with no ban and otherwise legal). The ban is only on the manufacture.

So basically you are trying to ban them over time.

A manufacture ban is a ban, no matter how you try to spin it.

Of course they will still be manufactured for the agents of the state, so what it really is is a sales ban.

How can gun rights people trust gun control people when you have to lie every time you make a statement?

Of course they will still be manufactured for the agents of the state, so what it really is is a sales ban.

How can gun rights people trust gun control people when you have to lie every time you make a statement?

A manufacture ban is a manufacture ban. That's not "spin" that's literally what it is.

A manufacture ban is a manufacture ban. That's not "spin" that's literally what it is.

It is a ban on manufacture for CIVILIAN SALES. If the government still wants semi auto rifles and large magazines they can get them, and they will be brand spanking new.

It is a ban on manufacture for CIVILIAN SALES. If the government still wants semi auto rifles and large magazines they can get them, and they will be brand spanking new.

Wow. You get a star for paying attention. You're so smart.

Wasn't Ronnie Raygun President when they stopped making new, fully auto machine guns for the general public? Ronnie Raaygun, Gun Taker Awayer.

Wow. You get a star for paying attention. You're so smart.

And for calling you out on your spin.

You're a retarded person.

The assault weapons ban is on the manufacture of assault weapons for civilian use.

THE OP

Oh no. I heard from a very well informed USMB Conservative that the current Neo-Nazi Regime will be doing a house to house search for all guns when Führer Obama dictates the new law to the Homeland. Anyone who resists will be put in concentration/work camps and worked to death.

Oh no. I heard from a very well informed USMB Conservative that the current Neo-Nazi Regime will be doing a house to house search for all guns when Führer Obama dictates the new law to the Homeland. Anyone who resists will be put in concentration/work camps and worked to death.

Did they show you a nice blog as proof?

A well taken care of gun will fire for hundreds of years.

Another Sandy Hook or two, and you will see laws that affect even the kind of guns that I have. The absolutist attitude of the 'Conservatives' and the party they control, the GOP, is creating a very negative image of them and the NRA for the majority of Americans, sane gun owners included.

Another Sandy Hook or two, and you will see laws that affect even the kind of guns that I have. The absolutist attitude of the 'Conservatives' and the party they control, the GOP, is creating a very negative image of them and the NRA for the majority of Americans, sane gun owners included.

I live in the sportsman's paradise so I know the vast majority of gun owners are sane. I wouldn't be surprised if half the people I know have guns but I would be surprised if one had an assault rifle and then I'd probably think they were a lunatic especially if they bought it themselves (so many folks have inherited gun collections)

A well taken care of gun will fire for hundreds of years.

I currently don't own a firearm. However I wish to retain the right to buy one, semi auto, shotgun, whatever, whenever I want to, and without the cost inflation a new sales ban would cause.

Just hoping for more dead kids, right Old Rock?

i didn't realize we replaced the stars and stripes with a hammer and sickle

i didn't realize we replaced the stars and stripes with a hammer and sickle

I didn't realize they let the mentally challenged 5 year children of hookers post on here.

Forum List

Back