They are just hard workers and good family people

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Review: lllegals increasingly charged in violent crimes | Washington Examiner

gangsterjn4.jpg

hispaniccrime.jpg

Does that chart say "Italian Immigrants" or "Irish Gangsters" in the top?

Can we agree it would have been a mistake to expel either of them groups from our country when it looked like their role in organized violent crime was disproportionately high?

I do agree we all need to get involved and call the cops on lil Guito, O'Leary, or Sanchez while they're small time thugs before they become the next Al Capone.

But also I think history will repeat itself and after the Italian ghettos where kids translate for their parents are gone and gang violence subsides we'll have a bunch of good Americans left over.

I mean hispanic ghettos. oops.

Can we agree it would have been a mistake to expel either of them groups from our country when it looked like their role in organized violent crime was disproportionately high?

I do agree we all need to get involved and call the cops on lil Guito, O'Leary, or Sanchez while they're small time thugs before they become the next Al Capone.

But also I think history will repeat itself and after the Italian ghettos where kids translate for their parents are gone and gang violence subsides we'll have a bunch of good Americans left over.

The Italians and the Irish all ENTERED the Country LEGALLY.

Point taken. I see that difference as splitting hairs though unless we're doing something to encourage our new immigrants to leave the country or send their money out of the country (which is a greater problem in this electronic world).

My ancestors were willing to endure a miserable week long trek across an ocean to get here.

My Hispanic neighbors were willing to endure a miserable week long trip across the desert.

Its easier to sneak across the common border with Mexico than the ocean where any boat which will make the voyage safely usually has to enter a harbor.

Point taken. I see that difference as splitting hairs though unless we're doing something to encourage our new immigrants to leave the country or send their money out of the country (which is a greater problem in this electronic world).

My ancestors were willing to endure a miserable week long trek across an ocean to get here.

My Hispanic neighbors were willing to endure a miserable week long trip across the desert.

Its easier to sneak across the common border with Mexico than the ocean where any boat which will make the voyage safely usually has to enter a harbor.

It is a TELLING distinction, LEGALLY they are not allowed to work in this Country. LEGALLY Employers that hire them are supposed to be fined heavily for doing so. Legally the ILLEGAL Immigrants are supposed to be DEPORTED when caught.

Further when 1st Generation Italian and Irish Gangsters were caught and convicted they were DEPORTED. Any Naturalized gangster could and usually was deported after being convicted of a Felony. And they could not just get up the next morning and cross the border again and go back in business.

The vast majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic.

THIS IS HISPANIC CRIME. NOT ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIME:
hispaniccrime.jpg

I do feel your pain though.

Italian and Irish immigrants came to this country because the USA went looking for immigrants across the world due to it being a NEW land and needing new immigrants to help build it. Don't compare apples to oranges.

Too bad that all those who deserve to be in prison are not in there or Politicians would be the top category.

I believe the Italians and the Irish immigrants, by and large, came to this country LEGALLY. They weren't shuttling money and drugs back and forth to the homeland. At least, not until later....

I admit readily the Irish and Italian immigrants came to this country legally. Certainly there is an exception but by and large they came legally.

Once here they were called many names and through choice and prejudice were isolated into their ghettos. These places lacked diversity to the extent many are still "ethnic" neighborhoods.

Many racist Americans thought the Italians and Irish would be the end of our great country. Oops, were they wrong.

I believe the Italians and the Irish immigrants, by and large, came to this country LEGALLY. They weren't shuttling money and drugs back and forth to the homeland. At least, not until later....

They came here legally because the US didnot have any immigration laws.

Forum List

Back