They are getting paid. Why are they not working?

Sirkarl101

Nov 20, 2011
It seems very strange to me that in this country we are paying people who are physically and mentally able to work but are sitting home collecting unemployment beyond the standard allotment and getting food stamps and other resources for doing no work. Why can we not have these folks earn these benefits? The roads need fixing, the trash needs picking up. The grass needs cutting when needed. There are so many functions these individuals can serve to save the states money while earning what they already are receiving for free. Child care can be done by those that are in that field and are receiving assistance. A building owned by the state and busing people can get them to central locations where they can be sent to perform the tasks assigned. For those who do not want to participate and perform the duties then perhaps a review if they deserve assistance should be conducted.

We as a nation have to stop giving money away to the healthy. Perhaps some may even gain a sense of worth. Calculating hours required would of course be based on aide being given. I think this is so simple it is crazy. I know I am missing something and one of you or more will be kind enough to explain why it can not be made law.

I agree why do we pay congress to actually work maybe 100 days a year?
And 30 of those are campaining or fundraising.

Forum List

Back