They are a disease!

people like Jake scream the loudest when they need a cop ..

Being a cop showed me just how racist and violent the police are. There s only one fix. - The Washington Post

These police officers are a disease! They are vermin! They are an enemy to all Americans who want national unity! Police should see people as Americans not blacks or whites.

I dunno. From where I'm sitting, there are two sides to this tango. The cops....and actions of the black men they are killing. It seems to me that that we're approaching the issue only from one side, while ignoring the second.

The actions of the men in question usually play a significant role. Take Dorian Johnson. He didn't rob a convenience store the night Michael Brown was shot. He didn't assault the store owner the night Michael Brown was shot. He didn't attack a police officer the night Michael Brown was shot. He didn't reach for the officer's gun the night Michael Brown was shot. He didn't run from the police the night Michael Brown was shot.

And he wasn't injured in the slightest. Despite being black, despite being in the same town, on the same street, facing the same cop as Michael Brown.

I'd argue that Brown's actions significantly contributed to the outcome. I'd argue that addressing and preventing such actions in the future will significantly contribute to better outcomes for other black men.

I'd say if you're genuinely interested in saving the lives of black men, its probably more important. As that same behavior contributes to black v. black confrontations that kill orders of magnitude more black men that cops do.

And I'd say the national dialogue ignores this amazingly germane issue entirely. I'd say a dialogue about both would be far more useful than only one or the other.

Mike "Dirt Nap" Brown:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 97

Forum List

Back