They always come in threes....

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Within' four hours of having moved into my new apartment down in Florida, after a drive of over a thousand miles and two days without incident, while out driving around the town to find my new place of work...

WHAM

....some damn fool decides it would be fun to destroy my car.

Not a week later a Category 4 hurricane goes flying over me, power's still out.

But bad things happen in threes, so here I am wondering what could possibly happen next....

Did I miss anything exciting in my absence?

Zhukov said:
Within' four hours of having moved into my new apartment down in Florida, while out driving around the town to find my new place of work...

WHAM

But bad things happen in threes, so here I am wondering what could possibly happen next....

:clap1: WB ZUHK !! sorry to hear about the mess---all sorts of things could be #3 so accept a stubbed toe or something and be done with it--- hhmm----sandy posted a lot of pics while you were gone---other than that pretty much same old stuff

Yes, and Dillo likes them soo much he wants more ! Zhu I think I forgot to post your pic ! Let me dig in my bags of tricks ! :teeth:

Z seems like way too much excitement! Hope you got the heck out of the way of Charley! LW was supposed to be hit pretty hard. You do ok?

Zhukov said:
Within' four hours of having moved into my new apartment down in Florida, after a drive over over a thousand miles and two days without incident, while out driving around the town to find my new place of work...

WHAM

Another family just moved to Porth Charlotte just a week ago, before Charley hit, not one week in their house, they now have nothing.

As far as comes in 3's, ha, I think my Dad just found that out today. He lost his home through Charley, can't get money, can't get a cup of coffee, had to ride down to Ft. Myers to get that cup of coffee and in hopes just for a tank of gas. Yesterday, I raved about FEMA doing a great job and getting to those families in needs with money towards their homes, today, I think I am viewing that a little more differently. My Dad was told last night by FEMA - go out and buy a generator, they will cover those expenses, from that to shelter. They were also sending the adjusters out to go over damages - now mind you, on the media's side, they were coming with checks ready to be written write there, OH HOW WRONG!!!! a female adjuster came out early this morning - first it's, you might be able to build what's left, yeah ok, you have no back, ceilings and roof down, walls down and you can build with what's there, not to mention the new regulations that were supposed to be in place, that won't be met if that stays - Best of all, they now say, IF the adjusters OK the claim, it could take 6 - 8 weeks to see a dime, so much for those checks - also, the generator may NOT be covered after all. I wonder what people will do now - now it's a waiting game on first will you even be covered, even though you have insurance, and when, when will you see a dime to even begin a new life??? Yeah, good luck Z, it sure does come in 3's!!!!!!!!

Well, I've missed your posts.
I am glad you arrived safely tho' you're welcoming committee wasn't what you expected. They say, 'the third times a charm', also.

Kathianne said:
Z seems like way too much excitement! Hope you got the heck out of the way of Charley! LW was supposed to be hit pretty hard. You do ok?

Actually, me and my one cat stood by the porch window and watched the whole thing because there wasn't much on the TV by that point, not having electricity. My other cat was hiding. I honestly can't say I was too impressed, but my apartment was pretty sheltered from the majority of the storm's force due to its alignment. Just looked like some rain and a whole lot of wind.

However, the eye of the storm passed only about 8-10 miles SW of me, at the most, and I wasn't really aware of the damage till I went out driving around the next day to see if I could find some ice (no luck).

By the time it hit Winter Haven (that's me), the storm had actually been downgraded to a Category 3 Hurricane, so the winds were only going about 105 mph.....

There's debris everywhere, until just this morning there were still large trees blocking roads, (I'm sure there still are actually but I haven't seen any yet) there's a telephone pole right down the street the was broken right in half. Right in half. I can't imagine how strong the gust must have been that did that. This thing isn't knocked over, or even hardly pulled out of the ground. It's just snapped in half. I'm thinking that's the main problem with my apartment complex's power, and I saw a whole team of electrical workers there today, so who knows, maybe I have power at my apartment right now.

I'm not holding my breath.

But considering I don't have a TV or anything anyways, it's not that much of an inconvience. The AC is out and its 92 degrees today, the refgrigerator obvoiusly is off and I've had to throw alot of food away, and once the sun goes down I don't have any light to read so I end of just going to sleep. Consequently, I wouldn't have been late for work, but of course it hit on a weekend.

But I'm alive, my cats are alive, and it looks like they've finally moved my car from the tow truck place to the auto shop, so some progress is getting made on that. Either that or my car blew away. I wouldn't rule it out.

Just waiting on "number three", and trying to guess in what form it will come.

Maybe I'll get shot or stabbed, or maybe there will be a tsunami or an asteroid hit, or maybe I'll just spontaneously combust. Maybe someone will break in and eat my cats.

On the bright side I like my new job.....of course, that's it, the building I work at will explode or something so I won't even have that. Oh joy I can't wait.

We should have a poll.

dilloduck said:
all sorts of things could be #3 so accept a stubbed toe or something and be done with it

Ah, if only it were that simple. Unfortunately, the 3 things must be of roughly equal magnitude. For instance, in the span of maybe a month and a half to two months, my car dropped it's muffler on the highway (1), got a flat tire on a Saturday night (2), and had the glass mug throw through the drivers side window (3). All three things happened to my car, were a minor inconvience (relatively speaking), and cost some money.

These last two things, have all been primarily just major inconviences. That's the connection. Now it could be that the fact that the movers haven't yet gotten here, nearly a week and a half after I've moved in, is the third (or perhaps second) inconvience, but part of the reason the movers haven't yet arrived is directly because of the hurricane, so they are basically the same major inconvenience.

You know though, I did stub my toe awhile back, and it still bothers me now and again....nevermind, I stubbed it twice.....the third one is going to hurt.

Zhukov said:
Actually, me and my one cat stood by the porch window and watched the whole thing because there wasn't much on the TV by that point, not having electricity. My other cat was hiding. I honestly can't say I was too impressed, but my apartment was pretty sheltered from the majority of the storm's force due to its alignment. Just looked like some rain and a whole lot of wind.

However, the eye of the storm passed only about 8-10 miles SW of me, at the most, and I wasn't really aware of the damage till I went out driving around the next day to see if I could find some ice (no luck).

By the time it hit Winter Haven (that's me), the storm had actually been downgraded to a Category 3 Hurricane, so the winds were only going about 105 mph.....

There's debris everywhere, until just this morning there were still large trees blocking roads, (I'm sure there still are actually but I haven't seen any yet) there's a telephone pole right down the street the was broken right in half. Right in half. I can't imagine how strong the gust must have been that did that. This thing isn't knocked over, or even hardly pulled out of the ground. It's just snapped in half. I'm thinking that's the main problem with my apartment complex's power, and I saw a whole team of electrical workers there today, so who knows, maybe I have power at my apartment right now.

I'm not holding my breath.

But considering I don't have a TV or anything anyways, it's not that much of an inconvience. The AC is out and its 92 degrees today, the refgrigerator obvoiusly is off and I've had to throw alot of food away, and once the sun goes down I don't have any light to read so I end of just going to sleep. Consequently, I wouldn't have been late for work, but of course it hit on a weekend.

But I'm alive, my cats are alive, and it looks like they've finally moved my car from the tow truck place to the auto shop, so some progress is getting made on that. Either that or my car blew away. I wouldn't rule it out.

Just waiting on "number three", and trying to guess in what form it will come.

Maybe I'll get shot or stabbed, or maybe there will be a tsunami or an asteroid hit, or maybe I'll just spontaneously combust. Maybe someone will break in and eat my cats.

On the bright side I like my new job.....of course, that's it, the building I work at will explode or something so I won't even have that. Oh joy I can't wait.

We should have a poll.

Ah, if only it were that simple. Unfortunately, the 3 things must be of roughly equal magnitude. For instance, in the span of maybe a month and a half to two months, my car dropped it's muffler on the highway (1), got a flat tire on a Saturday night (2), and had the glass mug throw through the drivers side window (3). All three things happened to my car, were a minor inconvience (relatively speaking), and cost some money.

These last two things, have all been primarily just major inconviences. That's the connection. Now it could be that the fact that the movers haven't yet gotten here, nearly a week and a half after I've moved in, is the third (or perhaps second) inconvience, but part of the reason the movers haven't yet arrived is directly because of the hurricane, so they are basically the same major inconvenience.

You know though, I did stub my toe awhile back, and it still bothers me now and again....nevermind, I stubbed it twice.....the third one is going to hurt.

My gosh, glad you are looking at some little thing! (See bold). LOL Well, I'm glad the job is good, I hope you needed a new car! If you have renter's insurance, that may put you up in hotel if you don't have electricity-just a thought!

PS Keep your head down, maybe wear a helmet!

Kathianne said:
I hope you needed a new car!

It was brand new. I bought it in April. It might not be a total loss though. I guess the way they do it is, if the estimated damage is greater than half the value of the car you get a new car? At least that's what I think the crazy tow truck guy was rambling about. If that's true, it's gonna be close.

Zhukov said:
It was brand new. I bought it in April. It might not be a total loss though. I guess they way the do it is, if the estimated damage is greater than half the value of the car you get a new car? At least that's what I think the crazy tow truck guy was rambling about. If that's true, it's gonna be close.

Oh Z, I am so sorry. What a few weeks you've had! If it was a brand new car, fight for it being totaled. You probably will never feel the same about it again.

Eh, shit happens.

I was stopped waiting to make a left turn against oncoming traffic, a few cars had already gone by, and I looked in my rear view mirror, and thought, gee, that guy's going pretty fast. Yeah....he's gonna to hit me.

And just like that he did.

I don't know what he was doing or where he was looking and I never asked because no sooner had my car came to a stop I heard the sound of police sirens. There was a cop behind the car that I had almost been driven into in the opposing lane. Within ten seconds there were two cops there.

Good, I thought, now I don't even have to waste my breath. Besides I was a little shook up (he was maybe going 30-35 mph) and didn't really have anything nice or constructive to say. Took me a second to get out the car, after which I just sat there until all the paperwork was taken care of and the car was towed away.

All I can say is that I hate cars. Worst 2 years of my life was as a State Farm licensed producer. Damn, bad things happen.

I was the teen driver from hell. My brother still calls me 'Crash.' I was too short for the boats I was driving, couldn't see to reverse, so went fast to get it over with. :D There are fewer trees on the earth because of me. Bent the frame of a car in reverse! No other vehicle involved is the insurance parlance!
Poor oak tree!

Since I turned 20, no accidents except for one about 5 years ago. Had my cool LeBaron Convertible on tollway, top down, son in passenger seat, seatbelts on, radio blaring. Going about 80mph., right lane. Car in center lane, veers into the front of my car, sending me spinning. His car spins too, hitting one and being hit by 3. My car hits a cement embankment, and spins some more. Airbags are deployed in both vehicles. When my car stops, son (15)jumps out into traffic. I grabbed and threw him to side, with car tires squeeling. My son and I were ok, the other guy lost an eye, during the airbag deployment. My car was totaled. I was pretty pissed, until he called me from the hospital to make sure we were ok, telling me about his eye. He had dropped his cell phone and went to pick it up, losing control of his vehicle.

Oh how awful...but lucky that the hurricane didn't do any damage or hurt you!

As for the third occurrence...how about dropping a piece of fruit on your foot...ooops!

At least that way you won't get hurt!

Forum List

Back