These Young Iranians Arrested For Recording Tehran Version Of Pharrell Williams's "happy"

Iran doesn't care about us at the moment, they're way too busy worrying that ISIS will head their way next.

I doubt that. While the movement is growing ISIL strength is estimated at 30,000. The Iranian army has a severe numberical advantage and will not drop their weapons and run.

I agree that should ISIS attack Iran, they'll probably lose.

But they are much more of a pressing concern to Iran than we are.

Iran doesn't care about us at the moment, they're way too busy worrying that ISIS will head their way next.

I doubt that. While the movement is growing ISIL strength is estimated at 30,000. The Iranian army has a severe numberical advantage and will not drop their weapons and run.

We are in agreement there.

How do we know they won't?

Historical evidence. They didn't bow down in the Iran Iraq War.........Their revolutionary guard aren't going to desert.
You never know once they have a chance to state or act freely...

We are in agreement there.

The thing is - although they're almost certain to lose to Iran, they just might be stupid enough to try it.

The issue with ISIS is that they've drifted into a cult of personality rather than a purely "Islamic" thing. They're making enemies left and right throughout Islam, and it's going to be the end of them soon enough.

This is why I don't think we should have anything to do with fighting ISIS - as soon as we enter the fight, we give them a common enemy to galvanize them and recruit more people to ISIS. If we stay out of it, eventually the Saudis or Iranians will have had enough and will wipe ISIS off the map for us. We could even work it to our advantage, politically.

Historical evidence. They didn't bow down in the Iran Iraq War.........Their revolutionary guard aren't going to desert.

The US-trained Iraqis dropped their weapons and ran because they probably (at least partially) agreed with ISIS's cause.

There's no chance of that happening with the Iranians.

The US-trained Iraqis dropped their weapons and ran because they probably (at least partially) agreed with ISIS's cause.

There's no chance of that happening with the Iranians.

Probably not since ISIS and ISIL are Sunni...

6 In Iran Who Dance To 'Happy' Video Sentenced To Lashes...

Iran sentences six youths dancing in 'Happy' video to six months in jail, 91 lashes
9/18/2014 ~ News of their arrest sparked international outrage on social media, with Williams himself pleading for their release via his Twitter account.
The group of young Iranian men and women who released a YouTube video showing them dancing to pop star Pharrell Williams’s hit song “Happy” have been sentenced to six months in jail in addition to 91 lashes, their attorney is quoted as saying by the IranWire news agency. While the sentence is a suspended sentence, Iranian authorities reportedly can impose it anytime within the next three years.

The video shows the group of men and unveiled women dancing on rooftops in Tehran to Williams's hit song. Following their arrests earlier this year, the group appeared on Iranian state-run TV, admitting that what they did was wrong and said the video was not meant to be posted online. "They had promised us not to publish the video," one of the young women arrested said on the show.

News of their arrest sparked international outrage on social media, with Williams himself pleading for their release via his Twitter account. “Fortunately, the sentences were suspended,” the group’s lawyer, Farshid Rofugaran told IranWire. “A suspended sentence becomes null and void after a certain period of time,” Rofugaran said. “When it’s a suspended sentence, the verdict is not carried out, but if during this period a similar offense is committed, then the accused is subject to legal punishment and the suspended sentence will then be carried out as well.”

Iran sentences six youths dancing in Happy video to six months in jail 91 lashes

6 In Iran Who Dance To 'Happy' Video Sentenced To Lashes...

Iran sentences six youths dancing in 'Happy' video to six months in jail, 91 lashes
9/18/2014 ~ News of their arrest sparked international outrage on social media, with Williams himself pleading for their release via his Twitter account.
The group of young Iranian men and women who released a YouTube video showing them dancing to pop star Pharrell Williams’s hit song “Happy” have been sentenced to six months in jail in addition to 91 lashes, their attorney is quoted as saying by the IranWire news agency. While the sentence is a suspended sentence, Iranian authorities reportedly can impose it anytime within the next three years.

The video shows the group of men and unveiled women dancing on rooftops in Tehran to Williams's hit song. Following their arrests earlier this year, the group appeared on Iranian state-run TV, admitting that what they did was wrong and said the video was not meant to be posted online. "They had promised us not to publish the video," one of the young women arrested said on the show.

News of their arrest sparked international outrage on social media, with Williams himself pleading for their release via his Twitter account. “Fortunately, the sentences were suspended,” the group’s lawyer, Farshid Rofugaran told IranWire. “A suspended sentence becomes null and void after a certain period of time,” Rofugaran said. “When it’s a suspended sentence, the verdict is not carried out, but if during this period a similar offense is committed, then the accused is subject to legal punishment and the suspended sentence will then be carried out as well.”

Iran sentences six youths dancing in Happy video to six months in jail 91 lashes

Must be horrible to live in a country where your religion and your government are your parents all your life...

"Six young Iranians have been arrested and forced to apologise after posting a home-made version of US singer Pharrell Williams’s hit song Happy on the internet.

The clip shows three men and three unveiled women singing and dancing to the tune in the streets and on rooftops in Tehran, the capital.

The Islamic Republic took exception to the video, which was posted on Youtube and received nearly a quarter of a million views, accusing the group of producing a “vulgar clip which hurt public chastity”.
Young Iranians arrested for vulgar Pharrell Williams Happy dance - Telegraph

Fucking ridiculous. I would think the Islamic Republic has something more important to do than chastise their young people for happily expressing themselves.

Bea
Then why do they need a nuclear bomb? :boohoo:

Yes, I do believe Iran is the BIG problem.

I understand that you "believe" that. I'm asking why do you believe that.

Because it's supports terrorism, Hezbollah and Hamas.

Because it's an Islamist State and therefore a danger to the West.

Because it has nuclear capability and it's militarily strong.

Anybody who doesn't realize the danger posed by Iran should urgently do some homework, :)

Hamas and Hezbollah are threats to Israel, not to us.

"Islamist State" doesn't mean anything. "Islamist" isn't a real word.

Iran does not have "nuclear capability", except in the sense that everyone in the world is "capable" of building a nuke eventually.

Iran is a lot more concerned with ISIS than us.

The Islamic Republic of Iran is decribed by the US as an active sponsor of terrorism which is mainly conducted by its terrorist arm Hezbollah,for example, one of the many attacks of Hezbollah is the Beirut bombing of the US marines which killed 241 Americans!

Iran itself considers the US the Great Satan and will soon have missiles and nuclear devices that will be able to reach any country in the world.

Iran, like I said, is a great danger to the Western world and it needs constant monitoring...it's ultimate ambition, even if only theoretical is to inflict the maximum damage to the US.

The term Islamist may not be a real word for you but it certainly is for millions of other people who are followers of Islamic movements. HELLOoooo! :)

Regrettably, people like you, for some obscure reason , are unwilling to face reality and are a great comfort to our enemies, potential or immediate.

Bea

Anybody who doesn't realize the danger posed by Iran should urgently do some homework, :)

Iran does not have "nuclear capability", except in the sense that everyone in the world is "capable" of building a nuke eventually.

The Islamic Republic of Iran is decribed by the US as an active sponsor of terrorism which is mainly conducted by its terrorist arm Hezbollah,for example, one of the many attacks of Hezbollah is the Beirut bombing of the US marines which killed 241 Americans!

Iran itself considers the US the Great Satan and will soon have missiles and nuclear devices that will be able to reach any country in the world.

Iran, like I said, is a great danger to the Western world and it needs constant monitoring...it's ultimate ambition, even if only theoretical is to inflict the maximum damage to the US.

The term Islamist may not be a real word for you but it certainly is for millions of other people who are followers of Islamic movements. HELLOoooo! :)

Regrettably, people like you, for some obscure reason , are unwilling to face reality and are a great comfort to our enemies, potential or immediate.

And you are terrorists to the Palestinians. Pot calling kettle. Read up on Iran, and what led up to the 79 revolution. At one time the head of Iran was protected by the US if it sucked up to Israel. Things are not black and white.

Bea

And you are terrorists to the Palestinians. Pot calling kettle. Read up on Iran, and what led up to the 79 revolution. At one time the head of Iran was protected by the US if it sucked up to Israel. Things are not black and white.

Do you always have to mention "Palestinian" in every other word you utter........ ????? Can't you control yourself and your Palestinian propaganda? :mad-61:

This is not a thread about Palestinians ok????????

My God what a bore!

I thought this thread was about some teenagers who have been persecuted for dancing. Oh well must have been derailed in the second post.

Last edited:
Bea

Do you always have to mention "Palestinian" in every other word you utter........ ????? Can't you control yourself and your Palestinian propaganda? :mad-61:

My God what a bore!

And this news is boring and none of our business. What are you so concerned with Iran for? These kids know the laws there, they did get their sentences postponed. This is like non news.

Bea

My God what a bore!

And this news is boring and none of our business. What are you so concerned with Iran for? These kids know the laws there, they did get their sentences postponed. This is like non news.

^^^^^^^^

omg!:laugh::laugh::laugh::asshole:

Forum List

Back