These Russian money transfers were literally earmarked 'to finance election campaign of 2016'

No, businesses can't contribute to federal campaigns, and yet they do.

The Koch brothers have a business, Koch Industries, and they pump millions into politics every year. Because businesses are run by people and employ people and they funnel money through this and that way.

A person financing their own campaign. Well, you can limit that, it's not hard. You just prevent them spending money on it.

You're not an American, are you?
Of course, despite your little act, information campaigns DO influence votes, which is why they are undertaken.

Isn't that what campaigns are supposed to do? Influence voting?

Yes, but WHO is supposed to be doing the influencing? The candidate or Putin?

Anyone who feels that they have an interest in the outcome.

Oh, so you think it's okay for Putin to spend millions, if not billions of Russian money influencing the outcome of US elections do you?

The issue isn't whether I like it or not, it's not wanting my freedoms to be jeopardized by weak politicians who think they could stop it.

I understand. But the question here is, which is the best way to protect your freedoms?

Right now, with the current system in the US, freedoms are going down the drain. The rich control government, politicians are on the pay and not representing people.

With POSITIVE voting, ie Proportional Representation, then the people get the freedom of voting for who they like without having to worry.

With restrictions on campaign financing, it prevents the rich basically buying elections.

Freedom doesn't always come with politicians being able to sell themselves to the highest bidder.

You're not an American, are you?
Isn't that what campaigns are supposed to do? Influence voting?

Oh, so you think it's okay for Putin to spend millions, if not billions of Russian money influencing the outcome of US elections do you?

The issue isn't whether I like it or not, it's not wanting my freedoms to be jeopardized by weak politicians who think they could stop it.

I understand. But the question here is, which is the best way to protect your freedoms?

Right now, with the current system in the US, freedoms are going down the drain. The rich control government, politicians are on the pay and not representing people.

With POSITIVE voting, ie Proportional Representation, then the people get the freedom of voting for who they like without having to worry.

With restrictions on campaign financing, it prevents the rich basically buying elections.

Freedom doesn't always come with politicians being able to sell themselves to the highest bidder.

Our system is almost fine the way it is.

It would be better if we went back to the original Constitution with state governments electing US Senators.

I don't want to be like a shit hole European country.

It would be better if we went back to the original Constitution with state governments electing US Senators.

No, it's not.

Though the rich like to tell you how great it is, because it's great for them.

Go look at other countries's systems and see how much better it could be.

Do you know anything about European countries? Again, getting your information from those with an agenda to keep you where you are.

No, it's not.

Do you know anything about European countries? Again, getting your information from those with an agenda to keep you where you are.

All 4 of my grandparents were immigrants.
They believed they came to the greatest country on earth until the day they died.

No, it's not.

All 4 of my grandparents were immigrants.
They believed they came to the greatest country on earth until the day they died.

Good for them. However things have changed since the day your grandparents rocked up.

Forum List

Back