These kids need to be tased too!

3rd graders too old for spanking???? Their like 8 years old. That's prime spanking age. IMO...lol

LOL...Too old in my book. They have a different currancy by that age. Humiliation is all it will accomplish. THAT is not an effective teaching tool.

I did...Try reading...It MAY serve you well.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... I'll go searching through your posts for words of wisdom.... I have nothing else to do with my time. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I don't waste the time I DO have going to dry wells.

But it's awfully cute the way you try to defend him.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... I'll go searching through your posts for words of wisdom.... I have nothing else to do with my time. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I don't waste the time I DO have going to dry wells.

But it's awfully cute the way you try to defend him.

Look toots...YOU were the one in the other section ( military switched to legal and justice) butting your nose on something you know nothing about and then promptly made an ass of yourself.

Here let me refresh your memory:

04-02-2008, 04:43 AM
jillian
1-20-09 Posts: 6,919
Rep Points 212357

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineman
your ignorance is glaring.

Well, it's easy for armchair soldiers who don't put their own lives on the line to have big, ignorant, mouths.

O,when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school; And though she be but little, she is fierce. Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

When the Founding Fathers protected our right to free speech, I think that meant we were supposed to use it.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was the biggest unhinged lunatic on the planet. With his death, Anne Coulter has moved into first place. David Letterman.

293 days left http://www.backwardsbush.com/

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=53293&page=3

Look toots...YOU were the one in the other section ( military switched to legal and justice) butting your nose on something you know nothing about and then promptly made an ass of yourself.

Here let me refresh your memory:

04-02-2008, 04:43 AM
jillian
1-20-09 Posts: 6,919
Rep Points 212357

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineman
your ignorance is glaring.

Well, it's easy for armchair soldiers who don't put their own lives on the line to have big, ignorant, mouths.

O,when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school; And though she be but little, she is fierce. Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

When the Founding Fathers protected our right to free speech, I think that meant we were supposed to use it.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was the biggest unhinged lunatic on the planet. With his death, Anne Coulter has moved into first place. David Letterman.

293 days left http://www.backwardsbush.com/

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=53293&page=3

That post was to Swamp thing... If you responded to it, I didn't see it. And, frankly, wouldn't have had any reason to look for it. But like I said, focus on the extraneous since you can't support your contentions.

Cheers.

LOL...Too old in my book. They have a different currancy by that age. Humiliation is all it will accomplish. THAT is not an effective teaching tool.

LoL, well fair enough...I guess we're both reading different books I guess. It worked on me. I'm not sure what my parents did right to keep me out of trouble as a kid. I didn't have my first beer til college and have never had any run-ins with the law. Never smoked pot, cigs, drugs, etc... I'm not downing the people that have, I'm just trying to figure out if it was the spanking that lead to my fear of pissing my parents off .....? Or the fact that my dad was 3 times my size and got really red when he was mad. LOL

LoL, well fair enough...I guess we're both reading different books I guess. It worked on me. I'm not sure what my parents did right to keep me out of trouble as a kid. I didn't have my first beer til college and have never had any run-ins with the law. Never smoked pot, cigs, drugs, etc... I'm not downing the people that have, I'm just trying to figure out if it was the spanking that lead to my fear of pissing my parents off .....? Or the fact that my dad was 3 times my size and got really red when he was mad. LOL

I can guess why you turned out well.....your folks were both there, they were consistent, and you didn't see them getting wasted and knocking each other around.

It's pretty basic, but so few people truly understand kids will turn out right with just a few standard practices.

People like you Jillian....Think that this kind of stufff has absolutly no bearing on how children see the world....

So that has me wondering....What kind of Bimbo IS Jillian?

http://www.missbimbo.com/

Then there is the fact that videos are just wonderful tools to help kids learn and grow.

Like Grand Theft Auto

'The games allow the player to take on the role of a criminal in a big city, typically a lowly individual who rises in the ranks of organized crime over the course of the game. Various missions are set for completion by the figureheads of the city underworld, generally criminal, which must be completed to progress through the storyline. Bank robberies, assassinations and other crimes feature regularly, but occasionally taxi driving, firefighting, pimping, street racing, or learning to fly an airplane are also involved as alternate adventures, which can be done at any time during the game, with the exception of the periods performing main missions.

In later titles, notably those released after Grand Theft Auto 2, the player is given a more in depth storyline, in which they are forced to overcome an event where they are either stabbed in the back and left to die by someone they know, or experienced an unfortunate event. This served as a motivation for the character to advance in the criminal ladder, and eventually leads to the triumph of the character by the end of the storyline.
'

So....You are going to tell me that how kids behave has no direct correlation to what is being put into their heads?

Again You have no right being a mother because you put stupid shit in your kids head and they will probably grow up to be just like you taught them to be....A criminal.

You learned about respect at an early age with a healthy dose of fear. That's the way it should be.

People like you Jillian....Think that this kind of stufff has absolutly no bearing on how children see the world....

Then there is the fact that videos are just wonderful tools to help kids learn and grow.

Like Grand Theft Auto

'The games allow the player to take on the role of a criminal in a big city, typically a lowly individual who rises in the ranks of organized crime over the course of the game. Various missions are set for completion by the figureheads of the city underworld, generally criminal, which must be completed to progress through the storyline. Bank robberies, assassinations and other crimes feature regularly, but occasionally taxi driving, firefighting, pimping, street racing, or learning to fly an airplane are also involved as alternate adventures, which can be done at any time during the game, with the exception of the periods performing main missions.

In later titles, notably those released after Grand Theft Auto 2, the player is given a more in depth storyline, in which they are forced to overcome an event where they are either stabbed in the back and left to die by someone they know, or experienced an unfortunate event. This served as a motivation for the character to advance in the criminal ladder, and eventually leads to the triumph of the character by the end of the storyline.
'

So....You are going to tell me that how kids behave has no direct correlation to what is being put into their heads?

Again You have no right being a mother because you put stupid shit in your kids head and they will probably grow up to be just like you taught them to be....A criminal.

You can be sooo cute! (pat) (pat)

I dont care what you think of me. However it does bother me that you would condone such sites.

Oh....... I bother you? That is so sweet that you take the time to care about my views. It is the personal touch that I love about you. (pinching dread's adorable cheeks)

Like Grand Theft Auto

'

Not true. We have freedom of speech in this country, and the freedom to raise our children according to our values.

And what's more...as long as she is raising her kid with a hubby, being consistent, and she and her husband don't get wasted and fight in front of the kid, the kid will probably turn out alright. It doesn't matter what the political or cultural biases are, that's just the way we're made, because those are the components you consistently see across the grid with regard to successful children. Here or in Cuba or in Timbuktu.

Like Grand Theft Auto

'

So many words... so little meaning.

If you can momentarily stop foaming at the mouth, I'll remind you that I offered no opinion at all regarding violent video games, or any video games for that matter. I simply asked how games related to THIS particular case.

You can't answer that question, so you're ranting. I understand.

:rolleyes:

Could you imagine how you would feel if you found out 90 percent of your class plotted to kill you and were about :bowdown: yay close to pulling it off. You know that teacher was sick to her stomach. My wife teaches third-grade and it's scary to her.

Not true. We have freedom of speech in this country, and the freedom to raise our children according to our values.

And what's more...as long as she is raising her kid with a hubby, being consistent, and she and her husband don't get wasted and fight in front of the kid, the kid will probably turn out alright. It doesn't matter what the political or cultural biases are, that's just the way we're made, because those are the components you consistently see across the grid with regard to successful children. Here or in Cuba or in Timbuktu.

I agree with some that you say. Consistancy is key. But what if your values are to destroy another person? ( Thats an extreme ) or say as simple as indifference? If you dont think that a value of indifference doesnt hurt society in the long run you are vastly mistaken.

How many kids raised in a culture of say gang violence just end up alright? Got any statistics for that?

So many words... so little meaning.

If you can momentarily stop foaming at the mouth, I'll remind you that I offered no opinion at all regarding violent video games, or any video games for that matter. I simply asked how games related to THIS particular case.

You can't answer that question, so you're ranting. I understand.

:rolleyes:

What you call ranting I call giving a fuck...Something YOU obviously lost along the way.

I agree with some that you say. Consistancy is key. But what if your values are to destroy another person? ( Thats an extreme ) or say as simple as indifference? If you dont think that a value of indifference doesnt hurt society in the long run you are vastly mistaken.

How many kids raised in a culture of say gang violence just end up alright? Got any statistics for that?

Not very many.

New Topics

Forum List

Back