These folks give human beings a bad name.

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<blockquote>"I get amazed, I can't look at it about 10 second, at these politicians dancing around this, dancing around this, I'm trying to find a correct name for it, this utter absolute asinine idiotic stupidity of men marrying men."

(shouts from crowd)

"I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry."

(shouts, applause)

"<b>And I'm gonna be blunt and plain, if he ever looks at me like that I'm going to kill him and tell God he died</b>."

(laughter, applause)

"In case anybody doesn't know God calls it an abomination. It's an abomination!"

"It's an abomination!"

(applause)

"These ridiculous, utterly absurd district attorneys and judges and state congress and 'well, we don't know'... they ought to have to marry a pig and live with them forever."

(laughter)

"I'm not knocking the poor homosexual, I'm not, they need salvation like anyone else... I'm knocking our pitiful pathetic lawmakers."

"And I thank God that President Bush has stated,"

(applause)

"we need a Constitutional Ammendment that states that marriage is between a man and a woman."

(applause)

"Alright."</blockquote>

Jimmy Swaggart has abandoned all pretense of following the teachings of Christ. He has advocated the murder of another.INstead of reacting with horror and outrage these people lapped his words up as if they were manna from heaven. And the truly frightening thing is that the followers of the right Rev. Swaggart, and others of his ilk, are Dubbyuh's base.

Go <a href=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Nomad666/Swaggart.wmv>HERE</a> to see the video.

Bullypulpit said:
<blockquote>
Jimmy Swaggart has abandoned all pretense of following the teachings of Christ. He has advocated the murder of another.INstead of reacting with horror and outrage these people lapped his words up as if they were manna from heaven. And the truly frightening thing is that the followers of the right Rev. Swaggart, and others of his ilk, are Dubbyuh's base.
You will live the "WAY" they say Bully and that's all there is to it!
A nice Theocracy. The most dangerous form of Government there is
IMO.

Some, even some here on this site (THUMP,THUMP), I think, would love to see
a Theocratic Government run this Country. But don't fool yourself,
as much as they would like to be Ws base, those folks aren't.

This whole theocratic conspiracy thing is a crock of bull. If there was ever going to be a theocracy established in the US, it would have been done in 1787, when about 99% of Americans were regular churchgoers and there were official religions in several of the states. It certainly would never happen today, with the 200+ year history of our republican (small r) government giving people the freedom to worship as they please.

Bullypulpit said:
And the truly frightening thing is that the followers of the right Rev. Swaggart, and others of his ilk, are Dubbyuh's base.

No, Bush has another base...and its not the bible thumpers.

"Good to be here with the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elites, I call you my base." -Dubya

nakedemperor said:

"Good to be here with the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elites, I call you my base." -Dubya

Once again taking a quote out of context. That was said at one of those media dinners where humor was expected, including self deprecating humor and poking fun at themselves. Of course, it's no shock that a Liberal doesn't understand self deprecating humor.

gop_jeff said:
This whole theocratic conspiracy thing is a crock of bull. If there was ever going to be a theocracy established in the US, it would have been done in 1787, when about 99% of Americans were regular churchgoers and there were official religions in several of the states. It certainly would never happen today, with the 200+ year history of our republican (small r) government giving people the freedom to worship as they please.

Jeff...I have never heard of a theocratic conspiracy in this Country.
I'm simply saying there are many that would love to see one.

we are almost as close to a theocracy as we were during the salem witch trial period. I don't think people realize just how 'in bed' the current republican administration is with the christian conservative right.

DKSuddeth said:
we are almost as close to a theocracy as we were during the salem witch trial period. I don't think people realize just how 'in bed' the current republican administration is with the christian conservative right.

Perhaps you could elighten us. I dont see the ties.

DKSuddeth said:
I don't think I could agree with that DK.

nakedemperor said:

i find that interesting. i am far from wealthy (monitarily) and so are most of the people (probably 80%) that live in my area (Anoka, Coon Rapids, Blaine, Champlin, Elk River, Dayton) are Bush voters (his lawn signs are EVERYWHERE) and the average household income is 60-70k/yr. We live well, but far less than Kerry's definition of 'rich'.

What is your definition of rich? I know liberals like to make up their own definitions of words.

Well fuzzy, thats because you are obviously uninformed/uneducated. Big decisions are too difficult for people like you. You don't know whats best for you. Hillary knows. Just do whatever she says and everything will be A OK.

DKSuddeth said:

DK, I disagree. If this were "close to a theocracy":

1. Abortion would be illegal, except in very rare cases.
  2. The Pledge of Allegiance case would not have seen the light of day.
  3. The Ten Commandments would not be removed from public property all over the US.
  4. States (not the federal government) would be allowed to declare official state religions - almost all of which would be Protestant denominations.

I could go on. But it is clear that we are not living in any type of theocratic-like society. What is happening, though, is that Christians are concerned about their religious rights being eroded in the name of political correctness and tolerance, and they are standing with one voice in the political arena to make their opinions heard.

gop_jeff said:
DK, I disagree. If this were "close to a theocracy":

1. Abortion would be illegal, except in very rare cases.
  2. The Pledge of Allegiance case would not have seen the light of day.
  3. The Ten Commandments would not be removed from public property all over the US.
  4. States (not the federal government) would be allowed to declare official state religions - almost all of which would be Protestant denominations.

I could go on. But it is clear that we are not living in any type of theocratic-like society. What is happening, though, is that Christians are concerned about their religious rights being eroded in the name of political correctness and tolerance, and they are standing with one voice in the political arena to make their opinions heard.

Well damn, dude. Better be careful with clear thinking and open advocacy like that. Next thing ya know, someone'll call you "intolerant."

Jimmyeatworld said:
Once again taking a quote out of context. That was said at one of those media dinners where humor was expected, including self deprecating humor and poking fun at themselves. Of course, it's no shock that a Liberal doesn't understand self deprecating humor.

I know...I thought the humor was self-evident enough for the quote to be a humorous response to Bully...too subtle I guess.

nakedemperor said:
I know...I thought the humor was self-evident enough for the quote to be a humorous response to Bully...too subtle I guess.

That's a convenient dodge.

Wow, nakedemporer - you sure are NUANCED.

musicman said:
That's a convenient dodge.

Wow, nakedemporer - you sure are NUANCED.

I'm not trying to dodge! It was a legitimately failed attempt at humor! Ack! Become a liberal and there goes all your humoristic credibility. Then again..Jon Stewart's just about the funniest man alive...

It just struck me while reading through this thread. I guess I'm slow on the uptake sometimes because it's been there all along, obvious to anyone who was paying attention.

Bully and William are almost exactly alike.

Oh, their political philosophies may differ and they may be on opposite poles of many issues, but the mechanism which drives them to their conclusions and their attitudes is the same.

They both have a terminal case of tunnel vision.

William views everything through a racist filter. Somehow Jews are responsible for all the ills of the world - except of course for those ills caused by people of color.

Bully views everything through the distorted lens of his unreasoning hatred for George Bush. Bully sees George Bush as the nexus of everything evil and everything bad that happens in the world today.

Both are guilty of inverse logic. Instead of assessing facts to arrive at a conclusion, they pervert often out of context information and push and pull it in a dogged effort to force this information to support their flawed and pre-conceived conclusions. Conclusions that they are either unable or unwilling to modify or abandon no matter how many facts may dispute their opinion.

As a result of their narrow views, both tend to arrive at conclusions that are often laughably irrational. Both tend to overreach in an attempt to fit any set of circumstances into the paradigm which rules their lives. Neither is capable of rational thought or of being intellectually honest. They continue resolutely to defend their positions come hell, high water, or factual information which disputes their pet theories.

Congratulations guys, maybe you can form a club. You have a lot in common. Because when you strip away the details to reveal the true person, you are both bigots in your own way. William is a racist bigot and Bully is a political bigot.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i find that interesting. i am far from wealthy (monitarily) and so are most of the people (probably 80%) that live in my area (Anoka, Coon Rapids, Blaine, Champlin, Elk River, Dayton) are Bush voters (his lawn signs are EVERYWHERE) and the average household income is 60-70k/yr. We live well, but far less than Kerry's definition of 'rich'.

What is your definition of rich? I know liberals like to make up their own definitions of words.

<h2><b> Working People voting Republican because of the tax cuts is like mice voting for the trap because of the cheese.</b></h2>

Merlin1047 said:
It just struck me while reading through this thread. I guess I'm slow on the uptake sometimes because it's been there all along, obvious to anyone who was paying attention.

Bully and William are almost exactly alike.

Oh, their political philosophies may differ and they may be on opposite poles of many issues, but the mechanism which drives them to their conclusions and their attitudes is the same.

They both have a terminal case of tunnel vision.

William views everything through a racist filter. Somehow Jews are responsible for all the ills of the world - except of course for those ills caused by people of color.

Bully views everything through the distorted lens of his unreasoning hatred for George Bush. Bully sees George Bush as the nexus of everything evil and everything bad that happens in the world today.

Both are guilty of inverse logic. Instead of assessing facts to arrive at a conclusion, they pervert often out of context information and push and pull it in a dogged effort to force this information to support their flawed and pre-conceived conclusions. Conclusions that they are either unable or unwilling to modify or abandon no matter how many facts may dispute their opinion.

As a result of their narrow views, both tend to arrive at conclusions that are often laughably irrational. Both tend to overreach in an attempt to fit any set of circumstances into the paradigm which rules their lives. Neither is capable of rational thought or of being intellectually honest. They continue resolutely to defend their positions come hell, high water, or factual information which disputes their pet theories.

Congratulations guys, maybe you can form a club. You have a lot in common. Because when you strip away the details to reveal the true person, you are both bigots in your own way. William is a racist bigot and Bully is a political bigot.

Actually, to be associated in the same sentence with Sweet William is an insult I find quite offensive.

As for hatred of Dubbyuh, I sorry to disappoint you, but Dubbyuh is not worthy of hatred. I expend on him the same emotional capital I would expend on scraping something nasty off of my shoe, as in very little, with just a bit of disgust.

As for twisting logic to make it fit a pre-concieved conclusion...You have me confused with a Republican. :)

Forum List

Back