these diagrams should make everyone sick

blu

Sep 21, 2009
shows the relationship between big corporations and government roles. This is the exact problem with a strong federal government that can create monopolies and destroy businesses overnight

PVpFY.jpg

It must be inaccurate, there won't be any lobbyists is an obama administration, he said so.

Sadly, it's not the lobbyists. Wall Street execs have gone back and forth from Wall Street to appointed positions in Washington for years. They get into government and ensure regulations that will favor them when they go back to the private sector. Of course, when the go back to Washington, they help other politicians engage in insider trading. Something we'd do jail time for, but they are allowed.

Actually, for decades, it's been hard to tell where Washington begins and Wall Street ends. Both parties are to blame. The Democrats actually favor the wealthy, and Obama especially so he can rake in over a billion in campaign donations. He and the media hope that we won't figure out that the poor people he claims are his biggest supporters aren't capable of donating that much. I anxiously await disclosure of his campaign finance records. I recall last time there were some questionable donors and false information. Just who wants him in a position of power and who does he really serve?

That illustration is fucked up.

The IPAA is not a corporation. It's not even a business entity. Nor is it associated or affiliated with "Big Oil"

The IPAA represents the thousands of independent oil and natural gas producers and service companies across the United States.

Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA) - About IPAA

Lee Fuller is Vice President of Government Relations for the Association and a hell of a lobbyist.
I spent 3 days with him last March, visiting legislators on Capitol Hill.

So where's all the republican political operatives who became lobbyists and vice-versa? It's no secret that there is a sick little game being played here but looking at these charts it looks like republicans are all but innocent.

So where's all the republican political operatives who became lobbyists and vice-versa? It's no secret that there is a sick little game being played here but looking at these charts it looks like republicans are all but innocent.

It's a democrat administration, I would expect most of the crooks in it to be democrat. Just like it will be mostly republican crooks after obummer loses next fall.

Turns out these diagrams are prepared by a libertarian website called geke.us and it is run by a Paulbot named Stephanie Herman. It is revealing that they only went after the democrats. Guess they aren't libertarian enough to show the republicans as being at least as bad if not worse.

Turns out these diagrams are prepared by a libertarian website called geke.us and it is run by a Paulbot named Stephanie Herman. It is revealing that they only went after the democrats. Guess they aren't libertarian enough to show the republicans as being at least as bad if not worse.

So, 'they do it to?' is all we got?

I think that, if there was a similar chart prepared back then, that - except for the (R)'s after their names - it would look very similar.
`

Our founders helped us create a free enterprise system.
Sadly (or not?) that made enterprise free to take over government.

:eusa_shifty:

No word on whether or not these are concurrent roles, it appears this is the so-called 'revolving door.' And yes, it it sickening.

It is disingenuous however, that this particular graphic frames this as a Democratic problem, where there's probably no notable difference in this sort of activity along party lines.

I think that, if there was a similar chart prepared back then, that - except for the (R)'s after their names - it would look very similar.
`

This takes it a bit further than that, going back to Democratic administrations as old as Carter, but simply disregarding Republican administrations in between.

No word on whether or not these are concurrent roles, it appears this is the so-called 'revolving door.' And yes, it it sickening.

It is disingenuous however, that this particular graphic frames this as a Democratic problem, where there's probably no notable difference in this sort of activity along party lines.

I seem to remember Rummy and Clarence Thomas both being in deep with Monsanto.

never trust information that you cant see where it came from.

Its an old right wing trick to FAKE graphs

Sadly, it's not the lobbyists. Wall Street execs have gone back and forth from Wall Street to appointed positions in Washington for years. They get into government and ensure regulations that will favor them when they go back to the private sector. Of course, when the go back to Washington, they help other politicians engage in insider trading. Something we'd do jail time for, but they are allowed.

Actually, for decades, it's been hard to tell where Washington begins and Wall Street ends. Both parties are to blame. The Democrats actually favor the wealthy, and Obama especially so he can rake in over a billion in campaign donations. He and the media hope that we won't figure out that the poor people he claims are his biggest supporters aren't capable of donating that much. I anxiously await disclosure of his campaign finance records. I recall last time there were some questionable donors and false information. Just who wants him in a position of power and who does he really serve?

That's an excellent point. Lobbyists are becoming somewhat blasé. The real target these days is corporate/government "partnership". Go team!

never trust information that you cant see where it came from.

Its an old right wing trick to FAKE graphs

That's right TM. Corporate/government collusion is all fake. Let's go back to sleep.

Present the problem as being a bipartisan sellout or risk being accused of partisan hackery.

It's obviously partisan hackery - at least in the sense that it names only Democrat accomplices. But does this shit is obviously a problem with government. Denying it because the compliant is from the other side is silly.

`

This takes it a bit further than that, going back to Democratic administrations as old as Carter, but simply disregarding Republican administrations in between.

I, honestly, just a got a quick glance before it shrunk and haven't revisited the image.

I'm sure there were some S&L people in administrations past
Just as there was Halliburton involvement
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back